IGNORED

Putting Techniques

Mr Puddle
Note: This thread is 1637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 hours ago, Mr Puddle said:

Thanks for the advice. It amazes me though how somebody can wright an entire book on putting 

It's an easy read and he does have lots of photos. Dave Stockton also has a book, Unconscious Putting: Dave Stockton's Guide to Unlocking Your Signature Stroke. It has more to do with your routine than Utley's book, which is more about set up. 

Plus, when there is 3 feet of snow on the ground here, what else is there to do! :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am entirely serious about this:

One weekend (36 holes) I used my son's tiny putter and stood with my back to the hole.  I took a look through my legs and putt every single shot through my legs.  The long ones were not as good as they typically are for me...something about stereoscopic vision.  Or it could have just been that, ya know, I was putting through my legs.  But the putts I could see well, about 8 feet and shorter, were easier.  I made a lot of medium distance putts.  On Saturday I ticked off one of the guys I was with because he thought I was diminishing the game, but I had been practicing the stroke. I would guess that I lost a few strokes taken as a whole. On Sunday I had an imitator who admit there was something to it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Theres really no wrong or right way to putt, IMO. I play with a guy that actually cuts across the ball with the stroke and still manages to putt pretty well. He times his hit perfectly and It works for him. You have to find your method.

Im a very good putter. I read greens well and my distance control is usually excellent. Three putts or misses inside 5 feet are very rare for me. But i dont recall being taught how to putt. Its something i found on my own through practice. Rhythm seems to be a commonality among good putters ive seen. Theres no jerky motion. 

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!