IGNORED

What if all of your clubs had to be from one Manufacturer?

Note: This thread is 1698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If all of your clubs had to be from one manufacturer; which one would it be?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. If all of your clubs from the putter to the driver all had to be from the same manufacturer; which manufacturer would you choose?

• Adams Golf
    • Ben Hogan Golf
    • Bridgestone
    • Callaway (Odyssey)
    • Cleveland
    • Cobra
    • Dunlop
    • Fourteen
    • Honma
    • Mizuno
    • Nike
    • Ping
    • Powerbilt
    • PXG
    • Srixon
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Tour Edge
    • Wilson
    • XXIO

I'm the outlier that chose Nike 😎, and yes, I know they are out of the equipment business. But I chose them because I once hit a set of their Slingshot irons at a demo day and I fell in love with them. I had three kids in college at the time and I wasn't about to drop what they wanted on a set of clubs. But I wouldn't mind finding a nice used set and pairing them up with my son's old Nike woods and the Method Core MC5i putter kicking around my workbench just for the heck of it.

My old but trusty bag is filled with clubs I built...Integra SoooLong 450 10.5°, Jackaroo II 13* 16* 23*  hybrids, Dynacraft irons and wedges...plus a sweet Tad Moore Peach putter.

Please check out my sports card/memorabilia blog: The Five Tool Collector

I chose Ping. 

My long clubs (driver through 4H) are all Callaway, I have the G400 Irons, Cleveland and Callaway wedges, and a Ping putter.

I chose Ping because I almost bought a G410 Driver instead of the Rogue Sub-Zero and I have heard really good things about Ping's hybrids and wedges. I don't know anything about the Ping fairway woods.I did not like any of the Callaway irons I hit and I have never been a fan of the Odyssey putters.

I could also possibly also go Srixon/Cleveland.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Back in HS, I played a complete bag of Wilson Staff Dynapower clubs except I had a Ping Anser putter.  That worked well and it was in the heyday of Wilson Staff.  

Now, any of the major OEMs can work.  It would probably be Callaway or Taylormade as my current bag has Callaway woods and hybrids and Taylormade irons.  

I am uncertain which set to go with.  My favourite driver to date is the Cleveland HiBore.  Maybe the specs were just right for me accidentally.  I currently have a set of TaylorMade irons, and with wedges I would have to say the Titleist Vokey wedges have always intrigued me.  Am not very fussy I guess though whichever brand I do pick, it would have to be one of the more famous brands.  I guess I trust their R&D and production quality.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

I voted Taylormade. I like my old Burner 2.0 irons and even though I can't hit it very well, my R11 driver is still a nice club. Similar to what was mentioned before, I think I would choose irons first and build from there. Their new wedges look terrific and I think I'd be able to play them. I like Callaway, Ping and Titleist as well. 

Cobra... Have the new F9 driver. Might end up with the new MB/CB flow set too if I can get this bid to fall my way. 

Titleist a close 2nd. 

Vishal S.

Except for a recently added Daedric putter...my bag is all one manufacturer.  The driver stays home most of the time.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Right now, I have Taylormade M4 woods and a very old Mizuno putter, but my hybrid and all my irons and wedges are Ping G700s. I do have a Ping Anser putter and I'm going to be trying a Ping G400 driver early next week. It's possible everything in my bag will be one brand by next week. In the past, I've had all Mizuno in my bag.

I've had a good day if I don't fall out of the cart...

Cobra, love their drivers and fairway metals, use them today, and their irons are OK though I don't play them anymore; don't ask my why, I have no idea, I'm just a club hound and willing to try the next new thing that comes along.

On 8/22/2019 at 4:19 PM, baller7345 said:

Has got to be Srixon for me.  My putter and wedges are Cleveland and my Irons / Utility Iron are already Srixon.  Since both are owned by SRI Sports Limited I'm counting it...<_<.  So the only thing I'd have to replace would be my Callaway Driver and my Taylormade 3 wood.

I voted for Cleveland because my entire bag is Cleveland but I agree with you. Between the two companies they’re as good as any other vendor and priced just right for me.

:cleveland: Launcher HB driver (9 degree), Launcher HB 3 & 5 woods,  4H Launcher hybrids, CBX 5-GW, 54 & 58 degree wedges, :cleveland: RHO 35” :srixon: Z Star XV 

Note: This thread is 1698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!