ChetlovesMer

What if all of your clubs had to be from one Manufacturer?

If all of your clubs had to be from one manufacturer; which one would it be?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. If all of your clubs from the putter to the driver all had to be from the same manufacturer; which manufacturer would you choose?

• Adams Golf
    • Ben Hogan Golf
    • Bridgestone
    • Callaway (Odyssey)
    • Cleveland
    • Cobra
    • Dunlop
    • Fourteen
    • Honma
    • Mizuno
    • Nike
    • Ping
    • Powerbilt
    • PXG
    • Srixon
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Tour Edge
    • Wilson
    • XXIO

30 posts / 1403 viewsLast Reply

Many years ago, for a very brief time, I had a bag that was entirely Taylormade clubs. Driver, 3 wood, hybrid, irons, wedges and putter. 

Today I have a mixture, My driver, fairway woods, and hybrid are all Cobra. I have brand new Mizuno irons on the way. My wedges are all Titleist (Volkey). My putter is an Edel. 

Which manufacturer would you pick if you could only use clubs from one of them? 

Edited by ChetlovesMer

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

17 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Which manufacturer would you pick if you could only use clubs from one of them?

The one writing me the largest checks.

I have said this in another topic but will state it again. My entire bag is made up of Callaway. Driver and 3w are Epic, 3H is a Big Bertha, 4, 5, and 6 are all Edge hybrids, along with 7, 8, and 9. My wedges are as follows 48, 52, 56, 60 are M4 Mack Daddy. My putter is a Versa 9. As of this coming Friday that all might change, as I have a full bag fitting and Club Champion. Wondering to see how far the push the aftermarket shafts verses the stock shafts in my whole set. I know I am not going to spend 8 or 10 thousand dollars on a fell bag of new clubs.

I voted Callaway but Titleist a very strong second. Drivers, wedges and putters from each brand suit me fine.

Easy answer is, pretty much any manufacturer would do, but I chose Ping because both their driver and irons have worked well for me. I've also heard good things about their putters. So as long as their wedges and hybrids were even half way decent I'd have nothing to complain about other than my total lack of talent.

Way back when, a few decades ago, I chose Tour Edge for a new set of clubs. They were replacing a set of custom built components. 

TE offered quality clubs, at very reasonable prices. Plus their service after the sale was 100%, solid gold. Just never had a reason to try any other brand. 

Now don't get me wrong. I think all the major brands have just as good quality as the next brand. 

Honma because of the good resale value and to be able to afford them in the first place i'd have to be stinking rich..which would be nice :-P. Plus they make stunning clubs

Second choice would be Srixon, great irons.

Forced to choose, I would pick Titleist. I've had nearly a full bag before and I like their woods. I like Edel wedges better and I'm playing Mizuno irons now, but Titleist irons are nice too. I'm sure Ping, Callaway, TM all could be good choices too.

PING for me, the only club not a PING in my bag is my current putter, which is a Scotty Kombi (cut down belly putter), just put it back in my bag this season, but my secondary putter is a PING Anser Cadence.

Most likely for me would be Titleist.  Up until I got my new Calloway driver over the winter, I was all Titleist except for my Ping putter, and I'm sure I could find a Titleist putter that would work.  I'm pretty sure I could find an appropriate full bag from most of the other manufacturers as well

I couldn't choose without trying the different clubs. I would maybe prioritize the brand with the irons that worked best.

2 hours ago, Zeph said:

I couldn't choose without trying the different clubs. I would maybe prioritize the brand with the irons that worked best.

That's an interesting take. Focus on the irons and let the rest take care of itself.

Between the G410 Driver and the Glide 3.0 wedges, I'm sure I could find a set of irons (the blueprints look amazing) and a putter that would work for me.  The putter would be the hardest, as my custom Edel is fairly snazzy, but now that I have that I would know what to look for that would suit my eye.

Ping or Titleist, MAYBE Taylormade would be the only clubs I could see putting in across the bag, even though I've never owned a Ping club, and only one Titleist hybrid. I love Mizuno/Bridgestone/Srixon forged irons and wedges, just have no interest in their woods (not enough advertising hype?) and any putters they do make seem more like afterthoughts.

6 hours ago, JGus said:

PING for me, the only club not a PING in my bag is my current putter, which is a Scotty Kombi (cut down belly putter), just put it back in my bag this season, but my secondary putter is a PING Anser Cadence.

Just wanted to correct my first post after thinking for a minute.  🤔  I have Vokey wedges now, but cold convert to the Glide's if I had to play on brand.

Has got to be Srixon for me.  My putter and wedges are Cleveland and my Irons / Utility Iron are already Srixon.  Since both are owned by SRI Sports Limited I'm counting it...<_<.  So the only thing I'd have to replace would be my Callaway Driver and my Taylormade 3 wood.

Titleist. I have one Callaway in the bag that I really like, but I could replace it with a Titleist if need be.