IGNORED

NFL 2019-2020

mcanadiens
Note: This thread is 1557 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Bobby Layne curse.  It's real.   A coach calls a timeout and the first down they would have had was negated.   That first down would have cemented the win.   It doesn't matter who is coaching or playing, the Lions are just terrible.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Bobby Layne curse.  It's real.   A coach calls a timeout and the first down they would have had was negated.   That first down would have cemented the win.   It doesn't matter who is coaching or playing, the Lions are just terrible.

The Bobby Layne curse was supposed to expire after 50 years.  Cans of Spam don't last this long.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

5 minutes ago, Piz said:

Cans of Spam don't last this long.

The Lions aren't as good as a can of Spam.   I've had Spam (it's terrible).  

3 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Well...there's Spam, egg, sausage and Spam.  That's not got much Spam in it.

• Thumbs Up 1

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Well the Giants had a great start to their season.

Three and out on defense followed by a touchdown on the offensive drive. Good stuff.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

25 minutes ago, billchao said:

Well the Giants had a great start to their season.

Three and out on defense followed by a touchdown on the offensive drive. Good stuff.

Yeah! How ‘bout those Cowboys! Lol. 😃

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

10 hours ago, dennyjones said:

LOL! I almost spit my coffee all over my laptop!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Well, my gambit with the quarterbacks really backfired. Felt good about it after the Bears held Rodgers to 12.9 points on Thursday. Then Winston goes out and throws 3 picks and scores a miserable 7.1. Worse than that, WR1 was Mike Evans and he's apparently still too banged up to get more than 2 receptions on 5 targets.

Then there was that absolute catastrophe of a performance by Jacksonville's D. Yeah, I know that was the Chiefs, but that was not a professional display. Going to need to consider alternatives.

Only my RBs keep me from losing this week.

I feel bad for Nick Foles. He finally has a chance to show what he can do on a different team and then breaks his collarbone.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 9/8/2019 at 5:48 PM, Piz said:

It isn't often that the Lions (my home town side) make it this far into the season undefeated.

Funny, I was thinking of saying that about the Cardinals (minus the part about hometown). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Did anybody see the end of the Houston vs. New Orleans game?  OMG.  3 lead changes within about 90 seconds!  the game included a missed extra point that wasn't and a personal best distance field goal.   It was exciting!

3 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Did anybody see the end of the Houston vs. New Orleans game?  OMG.  3 lead changes within about 90 seconds!  the game included a missed extra point that wasn't and a personal best distance field goal.   It was exciting!

Yep. Pretty crazy.

Funny how often Deshaun Watson and the Texans seem to end up on the wrong side of these. Lots of real tight games for those guys over last few years only to go sideways at the last second. Speaking of Watson, he's still getting hammered back there. Texans were supposed to have an improved OL.

Brees and that Lutz guy pretty much killed my brother. Just as well. Let him go to bed before that Jacobs guy scored two against the Broncos to make his Week One a no doubter.

My goodness. I shudder to think how close was I to drafting that mental patient Antonio Brown.

So after all that, a rape allegation.

Have fun New England.

10brown1-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600.jpg

The Patriots receiver is accused of three incidents of sexual assault, in 2017 and 2018, against a woman who attended college with him.

• Administrator

Innocent until proven guilty, but also, where there's smoke, there's often fire.

But… this is also just a civil lawsuit. Not a criminal one.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

But… this is also just a civil lawsuit. Not a criminal one.

Yes. However, the NFL has its own highly unpredictable methods of investigating and punishing misconduct regardless of a criminal charge.

Take Ezekiel Elliot for instance.

Huge night for a bloody Thursday night game (which they should do away with for many reasons).

RB1 - McCafferey, WR1 - Evans.

On pins and needles for TB to show some life after that awful game against SF last week.

This has to be a 35 point game for me.

12 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

This has to be a 35 point game for me.

Not good. 17.4. It is all sort of a bad blur right now.

Stunned that Carolina couldn't do more than that with McCafferey. From 42 points in Week One to 7.3 last night against Tampa Bay. I guess you got to give Boles and the Bucs D a lot of credit for forcing Cam to throw down field. Really didn't see that coming.

It's also becoming pretty clear that Godwin is TB's top receiver, not Evans. 

Thought I might have an easy week against the weakest lineup in the league, but I'm in a heck of a hole now.

Note: This thread is 1557 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!