Jump to content
mcanadiens

NFL 2019-2020

118 posts / 6465 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

26 minutes ago, Osnola said:

Are the 49’ers for real?  

That defense is for real. 

Had some real frustrating days of watching them shut my players this year. Mike Evans turned a zero against them. Another game saw the Rams (a kicker and WR) collectively do nothing against them. This week I was very relieved that McCaffrey was able to break through for a big TD.

The 51 points against Carolina was impressive. I want to see how that offense will do against a big-boy defense. Emmanuel Sanders has been on my bench most of the year and I'd love for him to have a role in that. Promising start on Sunday for a guy that just joined the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 10/29/2019 at 7:39 AM, mcanadiens said:

Emmanuel Sanders has been on my bench most of the year and I'd love for him to have a role in that. Promising start on Sunday for a guy that just joined the team.

Loved what I saw last night. 7 rec, 9 targets, 1 TD, 112 yards for a nice fat 24.2 pts. Puts me on much more solid footing going into Sunday.

Makes you realize though just how big a difference the right situation can make for a guy.  Obviously Denver is lousy, but its remarkable that they couldn't even seem to get the ball to him. There were weeks where he went 3.0, 1.9 and 1.  Couldn't even think of starting him. Nobody is ever confusing Jimmy G with the league's best quarterbacks, but in the SF offense Sanders looks like a great fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Oh ohhhhhhh How Sweet It Is!!! Sorry Pats....took that one on the chin. Brady  gonna hit those salt rocks and power crystals hard tonight! Have to add an extra scoop of that Himalayan yak butter to his shake! Hahaha! I love it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Oh ohhhhhhh How Sweet It Is!!! Sorry Pats....took that one on the chin. Brady  gonna hit those salt rocks and power crystals hard tonight! Have to add an extra scoop of that Himalayan yak butter to his shake! Hahaha! I love it! 

Really was fairly shocking to see the NE defense I start get sliced up like that. Luckily I had some other positions that pulled their dead weight.

Got to be a crappy thing for the Pats to go into a bye week off a game like that, but not many teams go undefeated in this league. I'd hate to be the Eagles in a couple of weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Really was fairly shocking to see the NE defense I start get sliced up like that. Luckily I had some other positions that pulled their dead weight.

Got to be a crappy thing for the Pats to go into a bye week off a game like that, but not many teams go undefeated in this league. I'd hate to be the Eagles in a couple of weeks.

The Ravens beat them down at the point of attack. That was really the ballgame. Not so much the individual performances from Jackson or Ingram. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another "almost" for the Lions.  They can win 58 minute games, or 61 minute games, but have a tough time with 60 minute games.  It hasn't been a terrible season...just a disappointing one.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, Piz said:

Another "almost" for the Lions.  They can win 58 minute games, or 61 minute games, but have a tough time with 60 minute games.  It hasn't been a terrible season...just a disappointing one.  

Are there really any Lions fans anymore?  

I completely agree with your statement, 58 or 61 works but not 60.    I doubt they will be .500.   But then again, I'm not a real fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Are there really any Lions fans anymore?  

I completely agree with your statement, 58 or 61 works but not 60.    I doubt they will be .500.   But then again, I'm not a real fan.

I grew up with the Lions.  They were pretty good at the time...just not as good as the Packers.  I'm a fan only in the sense that I would like them to be as good as they once were.  I do not have high hopes but I have hopes all the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 hours ago, Piz said:

I grew up with the Lions.  They were pretty good at the time...just not as good as the Packers.  I'm a fan only in the sense that I would like them to be as good as they once were.  I do not have high hopes but I have hopes all the same.

It's a damn shame that Kerryon got hurt, but that defense has been awful.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

It's a damn shame that Kerryon got hurt, but that defense has been awful.

 

He has potential but he's been injured twice in as many years.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

20 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

It's a damn shame that Kerryon got hurt, but that defense has been awful.

 

FWIW, I was glad when Patricia left the Pats. He gave up lots of points as DC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

FWIW, I was glad when Patricia left the Pats. He gave up lots of points as DC.

To that end, I'd have to say I've been very, very pleased with my Patriot defense aside from what happened on Sunday night.

I actually got them off waivers before Week Two after drafting and starting a shambolic Jacksonville defense in Week One.  I realize not all of you are in tune with the fantasy football universe, but the NE defense has been scoring unheard of points for me. Though that baby-butt soft schedule they have in the East certainly helps that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Last Thursday night's game was exciting, hopefully showing the 49ers are human and maybe it's up to Seattle to hang an L on them, or Arizona upon the rematch.  Cardinals aren't completely out of it yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

Every year I am more and more out on the NFL and last night doubled or tripled that rate.

I have been "out" on the NFL for about the past 5 years. I can watch college football all day but can't make it through an entire NFL game. As a Browns fan, I can only say that the Browns can find a way to finally beat the Steelers and make it seem like they lost the game. The "head coach" of the Browns is a joke and needs to lose his job. He can't call plays, can't keep any kind of discipline for his team and every time I hear him speak at a press conference, I can't believe he got an NFL head coaching position. It's too bad because I love football. Maybe I'm just getting to the point of being the "stay off my lawn" old guy but the game is seriously deteriorating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Bucki1968 said:

As a Browns fan, I can only say that the Browns can find a way to finally beat the Steelers and make it seem like they lost the game.

Absolutely. When I heard about it this morning, my first thought was "How Browns of them.".

Garrett has been developing a bit of a reputation for himself over his fairly short career so far. Early in the sequence it did look like Rudolph was trying to work on Garrett's helmet and actually pulled it partly off his head. Garrett went berserk at that point. Sort of stunning that Rudolph seemed ok afterward considering his recent injury history.

Garrett will probably be lucky to only get the rest of the season and avoid actual criminal charges.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

52 minutes ago, iacas said:

Every year I am more and more out on the NFL and last night doubled or tripled that rate.

My wife is convinced that the NFL won't exist in this form in 10 years. There is too much greed from the owners and there are two many teams and not enough talent. The physical toll is tremendous on the players. Thursday night games are stupid and dangerous to the players as well and it is a bad product game because the teams really can't prepare. 

I don't really watch the games until the playoffs anymore and I used to be such a huge football fan. If it is a 1:00 game and it's nice out, I am outside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...