IGNORED

NFL 2019-2020

mcanadiens
Note: This thread is 1559 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You guys have it great compared to a fan of the Detroit Lions.   They have only won one, "1" playoff game since I've been alive!  The problem continues because people still flock to watch the kitty cats even though they are not competitive.  They should lose the Thanksgiving Day game and give it to a more deserving team.

• Like 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 hours ago, dennyjones said:

You guys have it great compared to a fan of the Detroit Lions.   They have only won one, "1" playoff game since I've been alive!  The problem continues because people still flock to watch the kitty cats even though they are not competitive.  They should lose the Thanksgiving Day game and give it to a more deserving team.

That's all they have now. They've had some great players in the past but are really floundering now.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

29 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

That's all they have now. They've had some great players in the past but are really floundering now.

They have had some great players but treat them like crap.   Ask Calvin Johnson and Barry Sanders.  

No Lions game on Thanksgiving?  That does not compute.  Win or lose (and they do win occasionally) the Lions game is an integral part of the Turkey Day routine...for natives like myself.  

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

This was posted on a local TV station's website.    I am no longer a fan and looking to enjoy a good football game regardless of the team.  

The pre-draft hype and the Thanksgiving day game..pretty much the highlights of EVERY season for decades. We are pretty much out of the running come turkey day every year...like this year.. unless there is some divine intervention.

9 minutes ago, Piz said:

No Lions game on Thanksgiving?  That does not compute.

I like the traditional aspects of the Lions and Cowboys on Thanksgiving. In my opinion, the NFL would do better to have those games always be division rivals. Instead of Buffalo, the Cowboys should have had the Eagles, Redskins or Giants.

Actually, the addition of the third game is less welcome, because I'm always ready to crash by then.

The better question is who exactly would be lining up to fight for that spot? I detest having my players come back on less than four days. When one of my big boys is set to play that Thursday night game, bad stuff seems to happen. I'm sure the real-life game is even less pleasant for those sore bodies late in the season.

42 minutes ago, Osnola said:

Cowboys are done and Garrett is Gone....

But JJ is still the owner, so their woes will continue.

Scott

My Swing Thread

On 12/6/2019 at 5:41 AM, Osnola said:

Cowboys are done and Garrett is Gone....

My brother hit me with the question last week, Dak or Josh Allen. I recommended Dak on concern with the Ravens D that Allen was going to face, but I felt really sick watching the Cowboys sputter Thursday night. 

Happily, Dak still out-pointed Allen. So I turned out ok on that account.

The good news is that I drilled my brother's team in the semis and I'm into the the finals. 

The bad is that my WR situation is a catastrophe and I'm facing the league's juggernaut.

Here's what I got and their matchup for Week 16

Robert Woods v. SF

Emmanuel Sanders v. LAR

Curtis Samuel v. IND

Sterling Shepard v WAS

I'll try to get Breshad Perriman off waivers for the game with Houston. But as 9th out of 10 on the waiver order, I'm not holding my breath.

Any thoughts?

• Administrator

Patriots cheating again:

Pretty damning. I'm with Strahan, etc. The advance scout is nowhere in the footage, and they're recording the field, etc.

Their record will always have an asterisk IMO.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Spygate II really is a weird and dumb deal.

On a level I kind of wonder if the Bengals at least changed their signals. Whatever they did, they threw four picks to my starting defense and that 19 points isn't coming off the board now.

The baffling thing to me is that they'd do something like that in such an obvious way. They could have put anyone in that stadium wearing Bengal gear with the equipment to do it. Nobody would have caught them.

• 2 weeks later...

What NFL teams will be looking for a coach on Monday?

Washington  Carolina  Cleveland  Dallas  Chicago  Jacksonville  Los Angeles Chargers  New York Giants  

51 minutes ago, Osnola said:

What NFL teams will be looking for a coach on Monday?

Washington  Carolina  Cleveland  Dallas  Chicago  Jacksonville  Los Angeles Chargers  New York Giants  

Browns already looking tonight. Kitchens got canned before he even got on the plane home.

My old but trusty bag is filled with clubs I built...Integra SoooLong 450 10.5°, Jackaroo II 13* 16* 23*  hybrids, Dynacraft irons and wedges...plus a sweet Tad Moore Peach putter.

Please check out my sports card/memorabilia blog: The Five Tool Collector

Wild Card Weekend--Pick The Winners

Patriots  Saints  Bills  Eagles

Tannehill has never won at New England

Minnesota weak spot is secondary-Saints Strength is passing game

Bills just good enough to win this one

Wentz and Wilson do their jobs, but Eagles do more with running game

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Uhm…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Uhm…

I bet he was on the Bad News Bears when he was a kid. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1559 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!