Sign in to follow this  
SiamSerpent

Scotty Cameron Matador Grips on Ping Karsten TR Zing

1 post / 475 viewsLast Reply

So I tried a used Scotty Cameron Newport Select Notchback 2016 with a Large matador grip.

I currently own the Ping Karsten TR Zing and have the PP58 grip on it.

The Scotty Cameron was great loved the feel but mostly loved the grip! 

My question is if I purchase the grip will I be able to have it installed on my Ping Putter? 

The second question is will the feel of the putter change? The main thing I noticed with the Scotty Cameron with the grip that it felt very smooth compared to my own putter during the stroke.

Thanks and sorry I'm aware this are maybe insane questions but I can't afford the Notchback at the moment.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • Thanks for the input @boogielicious.   I've seen, but not in detail, the COVID drills,  I'll take a closer look at them.  You also mentioned the "Towel Drill", is this what you are referring to? It was posted by @mvmac a few years back on TST.
    • No one started out being a "scratch" golfer...……  Be the kind of person you would want to play along with...... I prefer to play with people that are better than me - I find that tends to make me play better.
    • I’d love to see a picture of the MacGregor chipper, if you get a chance. The argument against chippers seems to have a couple of main themes. First, “It’s a single purpose club that takes up one of the 14 slots allowed by the Rules.” True, but we carry two other single purpose clubs and I don’t see a movement to start putting with a driver, even thought the lofts are similar. The other, “Real golfers don’t carry chippers!”, seems to imply some kind of group consensus of what a club set is supposed to consist of; but I gave up trying to run with the pack in my 50’s. 😊
    • No guesses as to whether it'll survive, but I would think whether it does or not, streaming is going to be more prevalent. Despite the problems with Peacock and the USO, maybe they're going to broadcast some tournaments via Peacock? I don't see the COVID situation changing drastically anytime soon and with the uptick in people golfing, you'd figure there would be a chance to capitalize on that but that's not happening AFAIK.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...