• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • I probably spend 20 minutes or a little more most days.  First some stretching to start to loosen things up.  Then some short irons, slow or partial swings first, progressing to full swings.  Next a mid-iron, progressing from easy effort to proper full swings.  Maybe 5 or 6 drivers.  Then back down, a few mid-irons, a few short irons.  To the putting green, mostly 20 to 30 footers feeling for speed, alternating with a few 4 to 6 footers to practice hitting my line.  Back to the range, a couple more drivers (or whatever I'm swing on the first tee), and off to the course.   For a competition, I'll typically arrive a bit earlier, start with a few putts, then a few chips, and then into the same basic sequence as I outlined above.  If I'm not at my home course, I'll spend more time chipping to watch the behavior of the ball when it lands, and more time with longer putts to get adjusted for the speed.
    • Had to give this a shot couple times today while practising, at first it felt so uncomfortable I couldn't focus on my target at all. After doing this even my normal grip felt weird for a while. Not sure was the weak grip weak enough, but it surely felt like the wrists might break if I hit that hard dry ground, ended up hitting little thin. One friend used to play with almost this weak grip and he always said the hard fairways make his wrists hurt, now I understand why. 😅 Also felt like hitting with completely straight stiff hands with the weak grip, one lever got completely robbed. The strong grip felt like I could hit the ball with nothing but wrists and it still would go a mile. 😄  
    • It may depend to some extent on what your swing is like for these shots.  A lot of people prefer a swing arc that just brushes the grass, with the back side of the flange (the bounce) being the only part of the club to actually contact the ground.  For that kind of shot, use a club with more bounce, you'll have a little greater margin for error.   It may also depend on the firmness and speed of the greens you play.  The 56 should fly higher, land softer, and stop quicker than the 50, everything else being equal.   Personally, I use my 60/8 lob wedge for most short game shots.  I've played and practiced enough to be able to close it down and hit low runners, open it up and hit high soft lobs, and almost everything in between.  The only real change is when I get close enough to hit a true chip and run, and I'll use anything down to 7 or 8 iron, but those shots aren't what you're asking about.
    • 4 putts from 3 feet Lag putt 4 balls from 20 until I'm getting them close enough. Hit the range to see if I have a swing. Hit a few 7i, 5H, 3W, and D. It's a warm up. 
    • So just a thought, have you been hitting off of mats only for some period of time?  My left hand, specifically my ring finger below the knuckle gets sore. I put Blue Emu on before I play and it’s fine.  We’ve been on mats all year and that possibly could cause some pain. Or perhaps an early symptom of arthritis? I’m 65 so that could be a possibility.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. cardcollecta12
      cardcollecta12
      (33 years old)
    2. Sabrina Watts
      Sabrina Watts
      (34 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...