gogolfing

2019-20 TST Fantasy Golf

25 posts / 1913 viewsLast Reply

Who is up for some Fantasy Golf?

The 2019-20 season already starts this Thursday. Many of The Sand Trap members have been partaking in Fantasy Golf for over a decade now, and we welcome all TST members to join our robust league. In the past, we have played ESPN, then Yahoo, and The Golf Channel fantasy leagues, and have used the PGA Tour Fantasy site since last season; it is fun, engaging, and does not take a lot of time, and from my experience, keeps me more interested in the PGA Tour throughout the season. And TST League is always one of the more competitive out there.

Essentially, you have to pick six players per week, and have 4 starters and 2 on the bench; the bench is there to sub in in case of missed cut etc....the catch is the season is divided into 4 Segments, and you only get to use a player 3 times per segment, so some roster management is needed. For example, even if you only put a player in your roster for a single round, it uses up one of the 3 starts for that player for the segment. Points are awarded in each round for each player for a multitude of factors (see link to the rules at the end of this post). 

To join, you must first go to https://www.pgatour.com/fantasy.html and create a Team.

Once you have done this, you go to the fantasy golf to the right tab, and choose the red "Fantasy Golf". Then,  you can join the TST Fantasy Golf league by following these steps:

Join my league in PGA TOUR Fantasy #PGATOURfantasy Golf 

League URL: https://fantasygolf.pgatour.com/api/v6/pgaroster/og/object/leagues/id/22988

League Name: TST Fantasy Golf

The password is: thesandtrap

When you sign up, I also highly recommend that you sign up for the roster alerts, which lets you know if you have not filled your roster before the deadline, and then also alerts you if a player has missed a cut, WD etc. If you miss a week, you can still play along, but it is hard to catch up.

Description: PGA TOUR Fantasy allows you to show off your knowledge of the sport by picking a team of 6 PGA TOUR Professionals (4 Starters, 2 Bench). Scoring is live and exclusive using PGA TOUR Shotlink and based on player performance on the course. Play with your friends in a private group or test your skills in one of our public groups. Whether you want to play for prizes, glory or bragging rights PGA TOUR Fantasy is the only live fantasy game where the outcome of each shot matters.

Official Rules: https://fantasygolf.pgatour.com/#/roster/rules 

@Club Rat @Aces Wild @Warren Zevon @mildee @Northwoods88 @coachjimsc @Wally Fairway @Shindig @boogielicious @Bill Fusion @golfguide @DaveP043 @Alanpe @djfajt71 @bruce  @Antneye @smdillon @Ballgame59 @vijofrech 

If you are already a member of the League from last year, no need to join again....just set your roster and our League stays there....I have tagged everyone here who was in last year, or posted in the 2018-19 thread and showed some interest. Spread the word and invite other TST members and see if we can get our numbers up.

Good luck to all. 

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Yep.  I still haven't figured out what the scoring was last season on this format, but I'm going to set my players each week anyway.

I miss the ESPN best ball fantasy format. :-( 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 9/6/2019 at 10:20 PM, Shindig said:

Yep.  I still haven't figured out what the scoring was last season on this format, but I'm going to set my players each week anyway.

I miss the ESPN best ball fantasy format. :-( 

Glad you're on board @Shindig...but ESPN? We haven't used that in over a decade 😉

4 days to get a roster in.....it'd be great to have some new blood in the pool.....good group and it keeps you on top of the PGA season.

On 9/9/2019 at 4:26 AM, gogolfing said:

4 days to get a roster in.....it'd be great to have some new blood in the pool.....good group and it keeps you on top of the PGA season.

this is my first time doing this actually! so I'm really excited, idk how good you guys are but it'll be interesting :)

I'm back and ready to defend my aborted title run.  Hope my Gmail notifications don't let me down again.  I coulda' been somebody!

Season starts tomorrow....not too late for anyone to join. 

7 hours ago, Antneye said:

I'm back and ready to defend my aborted title run.  Hope my Gmail notifications don't let me down again.  I coulda' been somebody!

Good luck.....heard people blame Google for a lot of things, but a new one here 😉 and not sure how you defend an "aborted run"???

On 9/7/2019 at 12:20 AM, Shindig said:

I'm going to set my players each week anyway.

How in the world did you come up with Stuart Applebee this week ???  :hmm:

5 hours ago, Club Rat said:

How in the world did you come up with Stuart Applebee this week ???  :hmm:

I seem to recall he's had success at this course in the past.  Plus, I once saw him at a tournament.  My friend and I told him we were rooting for him and he said he hopes we have a good time then.

Wait, I just checked... how did I end up with a player who isn't entered??

7 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Well so much for having a good year, I only have 2 guys who are going to make the cut

At least my selection of Stuart Appleby didn't miss the cut! ;-) 

I also have two who made it.