IGNORED

2019 Presidents Cup

iacas
Note: This thread is 1574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, 70sSanO said:

I don’t think these Cup tournaments mean that much to the US or it’s fans.  The selection process is not really made on who fits the links courses best.  You don’t need the length when you need to hit short and bounce it onto the green.  And we have no clue how to read and putt these greens.

FWIW this isn't a links course.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 2 USA will re-group and get this back on. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• Administrator

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Going to look for good opportunities to back the US to win at a number much shorter than the pre-cup odds.........

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

• Administrator
1 minute ago, JetFan1983 said:

Okay, I officially take back everything I ever said about Patrick Reed and am now rooting for him to win us some points.

Because they're trailing or because he did something else?

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

Because they're trailing or because he did something else?

Because I’m a sellout who loves America.

• Like 3

Constantine

Colour me impressed that the Internationals are leading 4-1 at the end of the first day.  And more so that Tiger was the only one of the Americans to put up a proper fight.  Should be an interesting tournament.  I reckon the Internationals have just enough in the tank to win, especially given the 3 point lead they enjoy.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, pganapathy said:

And more so that Tiger was the only one of the Americans to put up a proper fight.

Not really accurate. Most of the matches were pretty close.

Not DJ/Woodland.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator

So the U.S. is down three. I think they close that gap today.

• Administrator

Or not. 😉

Louis and that damn putter....And Fowler missing a 5’?  Not looking good.....

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator

Is Woodland playing like complete crap or what?

Have we forgotten how to make putts? This is not looking too good right now. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator
Just now, jmanbooyaa said:

Have we forgotten how to make putts? This is not looking too good right now. 

That and they're not really putting themselves in the best spots to make putts. When you're 14' above the hole and your opponents are 9' from somewhere below the hole… advantage them, all the time, to the tune of 20+%.

I’ve got to wonder if the results would be different if the captain was completely focused on leading the team, rather than trying to play as well.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Just now, David in FL said:

I’ve got to wonder if the results would be different if the captain was completely focused on leading the team, rather than trying to play as well.

You may have a point. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

Note: This thread is 1574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!