Jump to content
iacas

2019 Presidents Cup

309 posts / 17089 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I don’t know why DJ is out there.  If we want to throw a match, Reed and DeChambeau would be a lot more fun.  Send them out first.  Nothing like a 6 hour round to slow down the Internationals.

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sorry but you can't do that -- as much as you want to and as much as the guy deserved.  That might be considered assault, so you've got to let your player take the verbal abuse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Vinsk said:

 

Sorry about the qoute. Don't intend to but can't erase it on my phone..

 

32 minutes ago, Herkimer said:

Sorry but you can't do that -- as much as you want to and as much as the guy deserved.  That might be considered assault, so you've got to let your player take the verbal abuse.

Yes agree, but apparently it's not a one off. Everyone has a limit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

38 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Cannot believe what I am seeing out of Fowler and JT. 

Horrible, just horrible.  5 up with 8 to play and all they could get is a tie!  I hope we don't lose by a half of a point because I'll blame them.  Doesn't matter what they did yesterday.  Well, that's golf!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

Sounds like they tossed the caddie.  Rightfully so.

That’s just embarrassing.

Yeah, if there was a physical treat than "protecting your player" is justified. Protecting his feelings? Not so much. He may be off the bag for a while if the tour looks at this. Going into the stands after a fan so to speak is a huge no no everywhere.

Edited by Papa Steve 55

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Herkimer said:

Horrible, just horrible.  5 up with 8 to play and all they could get is a tie!  I hope we don't lose by a half of a point because I'll blame them.  Doesn't matter what they did yesterday.  Well, that's golf!

Just a damn shame. Yeah I know ‘that’s golf.’ But FFS five up? With eight to play? What an epic choke. I guess Rickie’s ‘ Can’t finish’ curse just overtook the team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How much interaction is there really with coach Els and the team? He didn’t even know how to pronounce ‘Joaquin’. I think that’s pretty funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am sure bit of coaching for ball placement from an experienced player like Els is very valuable on this course.

Lot of feeder alleys both on fairways and greens. Very similar to Augusta, where you gotta shot shape and place for best angles into greens and uphill putts. Sideways and downhill putts are just brutal. Younger guys want to pipe them out there and throw darts so bit of guidance would go a long way here. Els seems really dialed into the details.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

JT and Ricky match was shocking. They seemed to be playing for ties in the last 3 holes(18 was just a lousy drive by JT) 

The last 3 holes of the tail matches have been very exciting to watch all days. 
 

The President’s Cup needed this week. A good watch and the International’s are playing the course and show they want it. Hopefully today’s singles will be good. 

I still want a USA win. Love the Ryder Cup, Solheim Cup and President’s Cup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jmanbooyaa said:

JT and Ricky match was shocking. They seemed to be playing for ties in the last 3 holes(18 was just a lousy drive by JT) 

The last 3 holes of the tail matches have been very exciting to watch all days. 
 

The President’s Cup needed this week. A good watch and the International’s are playing the course and show they want it. Hopefully today’s singles will be good. 

I still want a USA win. Love the Ryder Cup, Solheim Cup and President’s Cup. 

Yeah it’s definitely good this is competitive and not a US blow out. I’m not a fan of the Solheim and have zero hesitation in saying so. The US hasn’t had a any real bad ass golfers for some time now, and the Solheim doesn’t even represent the best golfers out there. 100% dud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@Vinsk i agree the US is a dwindled team with no real personalities and as long as the Solheim keeps out the Koreans it is not the US vs the best. I still enjoy the USA vs team concept. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...