IGNORED

2019 Presidents Cup

iacas
Note: This thread is 1576 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

President's Cup TV schedule 

image.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Rant alert:

Watched the Captain's assistants interview last night on GC. I get all the weeklong celebration and build up of the event and all the talk about how many texts are sent out 2 am in the morning, but these filler interviews are nauseating..😆. The Koala bear was a good touch though. They were smart enough to not attempt to bring a Kangaroo in the press room. Ha.

Especially the camaraderie/team building questions are  terrible. I mean how do you get 12 independent contractor type millionaires in a room and build a brotherhood? IDK but I think it be hilarious if Fred Couples said they all sleep in bunk beds together in a 12X12 room and shower together to build that undying--no-man-left-behind love for each other.. lol.

Reporters putting JT and WS on the spot about about the Reed incidence was squirm inducing but I thought they both did an admirable job not 'no commenting' yet not throwing the fella under the bus. I am sure they were all expecting it and prepared. 

Can the damn matches start already? 

Vishal S.

2 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Rant alert:

Watched the Captain's assistants interview last night on GC. I get all the weeklong celebration and build up of the event and all the talk about how many texts are sent out 2 am in the morning, but these filler interviews are nauseating..😆. The Koala bear was a good touch though. They were smart enough to not attempt to bring a Kangaroo in the press room. Ha.

Especially the camaraderie/team building questions are  terrible. I mean how do you get 12 independent contractor type millionaires in a room and build a brotherhood? IDK but I think it be hilarious if Fred Couples said they all sleep in bunk beds together in a 12X12 room and shower together to build that undying--no-man-left-behind love for each other.. lol.

Reporters putting JT and WS on the spot about about the Reed incidence was squirm inducing but I thought they both did an admirable job not 'no commenting' yet not throwing the fella under the bus. I am sure they were all expecting it and prepared. 

Can the damn matches start already? 

You should call 911 and report the guy holding his gun to your head, forcing you to watch this.

Imagine, preliminary hoopla being hoopla.  Who'd a thunk it.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

1 hour ago, turtleback said:

You should call 911 and report the guy holding his gun to your head, forcing you to watch this.

I did immediately after the show. They said I should post my grief on a public online forum.  

1 hour ago, turtleback said:

Imagine, preliminary hoopla being hoopla.  Who'd a thunk it.

Imagine having an opinion. Wonder why you bothered to read. Def not because I put a gun to your head. 😉

Vishal S.

I would have thought it would be warmer in Melbourne this time of year. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Ooh. That was a good opening hole!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Tiger's group one up, but then the guy in the second group chips in for eagle.

You'd think with only three matches on the course we'd see more golf shots. Like… what's happening on the second hole? We didn't see either of the group's tee shots. We don't know if Tiger's chipped yet.

Ridiculous coverage.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Tiger Woods doing Tiger Woods things.

“Worth another look?” Yeah, cuz we didn’t see it the first time, duh.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Did it go in? DID IT GO IN? Arggghh!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

So far I’m not too impressed with the coverage. It’s not like there are sooo many groups to keep up with. 😕

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator

Oosthuizen with the putter, man.

Tiger might be the only American to have overcome the jet lag at this point.

DJ and Woodland are getting smoked.    

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

12 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

DJ and Woodland are getting smoked.    

Yeah...they need to just say screw this...let’s have a tug-a-war instead.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Are these greens the fastest any greens can get? Feherty said they are stomping at 14 or even 15.

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

Americans can’t play these courses.  Obviously the exception is Tiger who won his match (Thomas should have just caddied).

I don’t think these Cup tournaments mean that much to the US or it’s fans.  The selection process is not really made on who fits the links courses best.  You don’t need the length when you need to hit short and bounce it onto the green.  And we have no clue how to read and putt these greens.

John

1 minute ago, 70sSanO said:

Americans can’t play these courses.  Obviously the exception is Tiger who won his match (Thomas should have just caddied).

I don’t think these Cup tournaments mean that much to the US or it’s fans.  The selection process is not really made on who fits the links courses best.  You don’t need the length when you need to hit short and bounce it onto the green.  And we have no clue how to read and putt these greens.

John

That is why the DJ Woodland pairing is head scratching. Neither are particularly solid putters or show the short game. Maybe Tiger just wanted to get people interested in the weekend as we usually cruise to victory in the President Cup. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Note: This thread is 1576 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!