• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • I've had between a half dozen and a dozen rounds at my home course this year;  part of that is I moved an hour away in 2019 and hadn't really explored the area.  I'll probably maintain club membership there because I like the group, and I'll look for one around my new home too. I say that because in those 6+ rounds, I've yet to par holes 7, 9, or 12;  I have yet to make a birdie at the course either.  Best-ball score at the course so far in 2021:  74. Earlier today, I played my third round at a course that might become my new home course, or at least my most commonly played course starting soon.  It's the second-closest (not including super expensive or private courses) to my house, an easy drive, and well within my price range.  After three rounds, I have a composite score there of 74, with two birdies in there. On one hand, the new course is easier (lower CR/SR) and a bit shorter, but on the other hand, that's interesting.
    • No new birdies tonight however closed out my league 9 with back to back birdies at 8 and 9. Lipped out the birdie at 7 I thought was in. Didn’t hit a GIR until 7.... took advantage of them tho. Took me a bit to get going after 2 weeks away from golf.
    • That's not a good plan, IMO. Where's your Member Swing topic? I don't see one.
    • Missed my league night on vacation in Virginia Beach last week. Hadn’t played in 2 weeks. Decided to go early and do extra short game work prior to my tee time. I expected to be a little bit off and need my short game. It paid off. I didn’t hit the ball well at all but managed to post a solid score. Right out of the gate I pulled a 9 iron left at 1. Ball on heavy rough, with a green sloping away. Chipped to one foot to save par. Bogey at 2 missed a short save. At 3 I got up and down again. Caught a flyer at 4 and missed a little deep. Made bogey. Up and down at 5. Bogey at 6. Then got hot. Stuck a wedge to 8 feet at 7 and lipped out the putt. Wedge to 6 feet at 8 made birdie. Stuck another wedge to 5 feet at 9 for birdie. Closing birdie birdie got me to +1 for the side. -2 net. Not bad considering I only hit 3 greens in regulation. 13 putts for the side is good for the score card.
    • Just an aside.  Bumped into an old friend on the practice green on Saturday.  Told him I was playing at 9:20 on Monday and that he was welcome to join me.  I let him know I'd be using a power cart because of a torn meniscus. Overnight I start thinking about the guy... a conspiracy theorist, crypto currency guy, etc., etc.  Though he did sell Mercedes' at a dealership once.  How mainstream is that? He shows up Monday morning.  I hop in the cart, clubs strapped in.  In short order Jeff straps on his clubs and hops in.  I say, "Jeff, gotta ask you a difficult and potentially rude question... are you vaccinated?"  "Hell no!"  So I told him I'd pay for a 2nd cart for him.  He was good with that and understood.  Great round... had a lot of fun.  But at 6 feet.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Duby27
      Duby27
      (38 years old)
    2. Joe Guastella
      Joe Guastella
      (37 years old)
    3. Ladysmanfelpz
      Ladysmanfelpz
      (31 years old)
    4. LarryEdwards
      LarryEdwards
      (42 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...