IGNORED

Karsten III Sand Wedge

Can someone tell me the loft of the old Karsten III sand wedge?

I have a set of G5 irons but the sand wedge is only 54 degrees. There is virtually no chance of finding a G5 lob wedge here in South Africa.

I have been sniffing around to see if I could find a wedge like my old Eye sand wedge which I loved and should never have sold. So I found a Karsten III SW and it looks right but I don't know what loft it is and wonder if it might perform anything like my Eye 2 SW. Any thoughts?

Thanks 

• iacas changed the title to Karsten III Sand Wedge

When I bought my G15’s the standard for the SW was 54*. I later found out that I could have requested it to be 56*. I later bought two Vokey wedges in 54* and 58*. If I was going to have one SW today, it would be a Cleveland CBX-2 in 56* and 10* bounce. I think they are more in-line with a cavity back player.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjan21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Justin Thomas isn't gay, so what's your point here? @saevel25 answered your question.
    • Again same scenario just as a gay person. Same context correct? 
    • Yes it does.  Who says it and the context in which they say the word matters. 
    • If he was gay would it matter that he used that word? Again same premise, gay man missed putt yells out in anger not to anyone just yells out in frustration the word. Does that make a difference to the reactions? 
    • Most amateurs myself included are not good enough to swear about a bad shot. I mean what’s really on the line?  Pro’s on the other hand have a lot at stake. Losing a sponsor is a pretty big deal. Will it impact Justin? Initially, but it will wear off over time. But as some already stated, the noise generated from the crowds bring out the comments from the players loud and clear.  Technology could fix it yes but it would look and sound edited.   A Gentleman’s Game? Not lately!  Compared to other sports it was probably nothing if it was just the F-Word but adding the homophobic after was the deal breaker.  Pretty sure Titleist won’t dump him.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. MrTom
      MrTom
      (37 years old)
    2. Neil BRIGGS
      Neil BRIGGS
      (62 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...