IGNORED

Bryson DeChambeau - Oy

ShawnSum

4 minutes ago, ShawnSum said:

Thoughts?

I don't even know what you're saying.

Link?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, billchao said:

I don't even know what you're saying.

Link?

Lol my bad..Yoked = Jacked..muscle wise. He's claiming he will be a different person when we see him again.

dechambeau-847-stanbadz.jpg

LAS VEGAS – Bryson DeChambeau says he will look a lot different when we see him next on the PGA TOUR because he plans to stack on some serious muscle.

:titleist:

:tmade:

6 minutes ago, ShawnSum said:

Lol my bad..Yoked = Jacked..muscle wise. He's claiming he will be a different person when we see him again.

He's going to take six weeks off and come back completely jacked and looking like a different person? Sounds like some Instagram fitness BS. Next thing you know he's going to be promoting BCAAs.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

16 minutes ago, billchao said:

He's going to take six weeks off and come back completely jacked and looking like a different person? Sounds like some Instagram fitness BS. Next thing you know he's going to be promoting BCAAs.

Yeah...oh brother. Poor kid....just an OCD tinkerer. All graphite shafts and now he’s gonna transform his body in 6 weeks. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

50 minutes ago, ShawnSum said:

dechambeau-847-stanbadz.jpg

LAS VEGAS – Bryson DeChambeau says he will look a lot different when we see him next on the PGA TOUR because he plans to stack on some serious muscle.

Says he’s going to be using “muscle activation techniques”...

I guess we won’t ever hear about his glutes not firing!   

Edited by David in FL
  • Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

If 40 seconds in real time (maximum shot time) is 2 minutes in his world, he shouldn't be back for 18 weeks. What a treat that would be.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

• iacas changed the title to Bryson DeChambeau Taking A Break to Bulk Up

6 weeks won't do much.  Seems like a PR stunt.  Fitness is a lifetime commitment and I suspect he's already got a pretty intensive program right now.  I wonder what the details 'really' are..

I can think of quite a few pros that should get on the fitness kick a lot more than BCD.

Bill - 

I am guessing that he has been on a fairly intense regimen and is probably due to bulk up a little and decided to use the timing to generate some hype for his name and game.  A massive PR stunt.  Nothing else 🤷‍♀️

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

Says he’s going to be using “muscle activation techniques”...

Yup, steroids! 😂

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

10 hours ago, rehmwa said:

6 weeks won't do much. 

Yep, unless he's going all Roid Rage :-P.

When i read the topic title i thought by "bulking up" he meant "eating pies". In 6 weeks he could really bulk up on the pies diet.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

He is an elite golfer who is more under scrutiny than others. Don't sell him short on this. He hasn't been exactly unsuccessful with his scientific method, time between shots aside. He has probably studied his own physiology for a long time and knows exactly what he wants to strengthen - and how - and has the science to back it up. I suspect "bulk up", to him, means something different than we think. Best, -Marv

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

I hope he counts his days correctly 

Is it safe to do a full body workout every other day? I only have limited days I can get to the gym, and latley instead of doing upperbody or lowerbody I...

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

10 minutes ago, MarvChamp said:

He hasn't been exactly unsuccessful with his scientific method,

Yes but in his case it’s no different than saying Phil hasn’t been unsuccessful with his carrying his lucky coin. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

30 minutes ago, MarvChamp said:

He is an elite golfer who is more under scrutiny than others. Don't sell him short on this. He hasn't been exactly unsuccessful with his scientific method, time between shots aside. He has probably studied his own physiology for a long time and knows exactly what he wants to strengthen - and how - and has the science to back it up. I suspect "bulk up", to him, means something different than we think. Best, -Marv

Joking aside, he does look built to be able to stack muscles. Most professional athletes in sports where high muscle recruitment is required could bulk up due to their higher concentration of fast twitch muscles. The question is if they want to change their physique?

Most of my ex-teammates in high school sports could bulk up a bit in a few weeks. They have the natural ability to get big. The problem is recovery. That’s where steroids are generally used. So, you have to have the ability to consume and use high thousands of calories and bulk up, then steroids can help with recovery.

With a well regulated diet and minimal  steroid use (or a modern recovery equivalent), he probably could bulk up in 6 weeks.

Even though I never could afford steroids, but some of my teammates could. I just had debilitatingly sore muscles most of the time, while my ex-teammates were magically and fully recovered before every event. 🤪

Totally possible for a pro athlete to do it in 6 weeks. Since, BD prides himself in the scientific method, I’d have to guess some form of PEDs will be involved, and I’m pretty sure it would be undetectable or even currently legal.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I’d actually believe him if he said 6 months not 6 weeks. He can definitely get in good shape in 6 weeks but he won’t be adding much muscle. Most people on average can gain about 10-15lbs of muscle in a year. Thats assuming he isn’t using PEDs. 

2 hours ago, JxQx said:

That’s assuming he isn’t using PEDs. 

Agree with the rest, but the “scientific” method kind of implies that? If he’s taking a break, does that allow him to use them? IDK?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Agree with the rest, but the “scientific” method kind of implies that? If he’s taking a break, does that allow him to use them? IDK?

How does one imply the other?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets