IGNORED

Bryson DeChambeau - Oy

ShawnSum

1 hour ago, Lihu said:

Agree with the rest, but the “scientific” method kind of implies that? If he’s taking a break, does that allow him to use them? IDK?

I think he would have to retire to be removed from the testing pool. From the articles I’ve read the PGA can do out of competition testing, I’m not sure if they actually do it though. It seems like they mostly do random tests at each event.  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 month and a half... he can stack at most 4 lbs of lean mass. The rest will be just fat. If he dramatically change his body it will change in a bad way. We have to wait and see.. 

I think there's some over reaction here. 
He wants to six weeks off to work out. Okay. Not sure what all the fuss is about. 

• Like 2

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

3 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

He wants to six weeks off to work out. Okay. Not sure what all the fuss is about. 

Of course it's an over reaction, but it's Bryson and we love to pick at him cause he's the mad scientist and all that..and because he says things like this..

“I'm going to come back next year and look like a different person. You're going to see some pretty big changes in my body, which is going to be a good thing. Going to be hitting it a lot further,”

“We make sure the neurological threshold is just as high as the mechanical threshold,”

“In layman's terms, pretty much whatever muscle potentially you have, how big and the muscle spindles you have, you can recruit every single one of them to their full potential throughout the whole range and training the whole range of motion.”

The guy is already in good shape, looks just as big as Brooks imo and is playing well! Like the guys said last night on Golf Central, just go bulk up..you don't need to make a public announcement, just go do it. 

• Like 1

:titleist:

:tmade:

2 minutes ago, ShawnSum said:

Of course it's an over reaction, but it's Bryson and we love to pick at him cause he's the mad scientist and all that..and because he says things like this..

Agreed.

Now, after I type this post, I'm going to take 3-6 minutes off to go to the bathroom. You probably won't recognize me when I get back. I'm going to come back as a completely different person. 

• Like 4

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

1 minute ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Agreed.

Now, after I type this post, I'm going to take 3-6 minutes off to go to the bathroom. You probably won't recognize me when I get back. I'm going to come back as a completely different person. 

coffee lol GIF

:titleist:

:tmade:

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Agreed.

Amen Bro

5 hours ago, iacas said:

How does one imply the other?

Of course, I had to make some underlying assumptions 😂

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

4 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

It's mostly over the claim that he will dramatically change his body in six weeks for me, which most people who understand fitness knows is ridiculous. People can't put on a ton of muscle in that short a period of time and look like a different person, but that doesn't stop people on the internet from selling so called miracle products that claim to do just that.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

He's not a short hitter right? He's middle of the pack, maybe a little better in the driving distance standings. I saw him IRL once and he seemed to have a bigger build than say Woods or McIlroy. But if it helps him, more power to him, it worked for Molinari and others. He's one of those what did he say now guys and I just shrug my shoulders, nothing to see here, move on, maybe he's trying to deflect attention from pace of play. I'm slow, but hey, I'm buff. Peace. Out.

pgatour_fb.jpg

Strokes Gained | Distance (All Drives) | Distance (Measured Drives) | Accuracy | Scoring | Other | Radar

• Like 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

39 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I'm slow, but hey, I'm buff.

Maybe he wants to bulk up just in case he plays in Koepka's group again.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

13 hours ago, nevets88 said:

maybe he's trying to deflect attention from pace of play. I'm slow, but hey, I'm buff.

12 hours ago, billchao said:

Maybe he wants to bulk up just in case he plays in Koepka's group again.

Or just not get beaten up by other players for playing so slow 😂

• Like 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

19 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Agreed.

I bit lighter I would guess.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Maybe going into the America Ninja Warrior training to "bulk" up?

See the source image

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

• 3 weeks later...

The 15 pound weight he is hammer curling does not impress me in the least. I hammer curl 45 pounds per hand and I’m nothing special.

I gather that the guy is calculating the hypotenuse of the fibrous blah blah blah. 

Actors get excellent training to bulk for roles.  But that is hypertrophy.  I have to assume that Bryson is looking to improve his game.  Different goal. I truly wonder what his plan is here.

There is, of course, one way to guarantee extreme gains in strength in short order.  But this guy would have none of that, right?  Only the silliest of type-A, success at any cost,  hot heads would go the chemical route.

191025-bryson-gym-th.png

Bryson DeChambeau's vow to hit the gym and "look like a different person" next...

Edited by Cantankerish

I’ll be curious to see what changes he makes if any. I don’t think if his goal is to ‘bulk up’ to get more distance he’s making a good decision. If he hopes this will preserve him longer ..who knows. Either way I’ll be curious to see what happens..as far as what he says...honestly ...he’s really just all talk and full of it, mostly nonsense.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

4 hours ago, Cantankerish said:

The 15 pound weight he is hammer curling does not impress me in the least. I hammer curl 45 pounds per hand and I’m nothing special.

Lol...yeah with the grunting I hope that’s his 100th rep. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge