IGNORED

Bryson DeChambeau - Oy

ShawnSum

Latest episode of Subpar podcast, Como says he is hitting 200 with the 48 inch driver. Didn't say anything about dispersion though.

That's not yards, that's MPH. 😜

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Scott Fawcett had some interesting bits on the latest How's My Hand Path podcast. He said something like when Bryson was in college or just got on tour, can't remember, he showed him two swings, his regular and something like the one we see now. So it was something he had in his bag, although probably less polished,  way back when.

211. Sick.

ziregolf_122178172_2689249758008589_7667411586253979714_n.jpg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 hours ago, cipher said:

Doh, I saw this after I posted the pic, lol.

Steve

7 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Doh, I saw this after I posted the pic, lol.

Apparently we are the only ones who found it interesting. Personally, I had no idea that kind of speed was possible within' the ROG. 

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

On 10/14/2020 at 8:12 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

The alternative is to let the scores go lower and keep the courses as they are. These guys work really hard to get better and better... let their hard work be rewarded with lower scores, not golf balls that don't go as far.

Exactly. Always wondered why keeping the score at or near par is a goal on the big stage. Can The PGA and the ultra private courses that host events be strictly driven by TV $$

Certainly not an issue on the publics I play. An extra 20 or 30 yards drive might get us on in regulation.

11 hours ago, cipher said:

Apparently we are the only ones who found it interesting. Personally, I had no idea that kind of speed was possible within' the ROG. 

I wonder what length shaft he was using? 46? 47? Maybe he found some kind of middle ground shorter than 48?

I'd be interested in seeing a video of his power swing before he bulked up or even thought about it. There must be one somewhere.

Someone dig out the Nike "Chicks Dig the Longball" commercial.

Steve

1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

I wonder what length shaft he was using? 46? 47? Maybe he found some kind of middle ground shorter than 48?

I would think it would almost have to be a little longer than his usual one right?  That speed is just so amazing.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

13 minutes ago, cipher said:

I would think it would almost have to be a little longer than his usual one right?  That speed is just so amazing.

I suspect we'll definitely find out by the run-up to The Masters.

And it's not just the young 'uns. I am seeing instructors in their 40s and 50s inspired by BAD to swing faster. Andrew Rice. Martin Chuck. Mark Crossfield are three. 

Steve

18 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I suspect we'll definitely find out by the run-up to The Masters.

And it's not just the young 'uns. I am seeing instructors in their 40s and 50s inspired by BAD to swing faster. Andrew Rice. Martin Chuck. Mark Crossfield are three. 

Yeah I have been following a lot of what Crossfield has been doing. It is fascinating. I'd love to try that same at some point, but at 40 now with a rebuilt wrist, I am not sure that is in the cards. I just want to keep the ball in play. 😂  

Edited by cipher

Nate

14 minutes ago, cipher said:

Yeah I have been following a lot of what Crossfield has been doing. It is fascinating. I'd love to try that same at some point, but at 40 now with a rebuilt wrist, I am not sure that is in the cards. I just want to keep the ball in play. 😂  

Yeah, I'm tempted too, but have a wonky back and hips. No bueno here too. 😁

Steve

On 10/25/2020 at 10:35 AM, nevets88 said:

I'd be interested in seeing a video of his power swing before he bulked up or even thought about it. There must be one somewhere.

2018-08-07t23-23-20.4z--1280x720_0.jpg?i

Check out the results from the annual long drive contest at the 10th hole of Bellerive during a practice round.

This was pre bulk up plan.  The 2 swings he had were called "the fairway finder" and "the crank." 

• Informative 1

In my Bag:

Driver - SLDR 430 - 10.5 deg
3 Wood - SLDR HL
Irons - TM Tour CB's                                                                                                                                                                 Wedges - TM                                                                                                                                                                               Putter - Odyssey White Ice 2 Ball

This is recent. Dunno where or when though. Did I hear 208? I'll have what he's having, lol. I got the video from ziregolf who sourced it from (at) mikeschygolf.

On 10/26/2020 at 11:45 PM, Keep It Simple said:
2018-08-07t23-23-20.4z--1280x720_0.jpg?i

Check out the results from the annual long drive contest at the 10th hole of Bellerive during a practice round.

This was pre bulk up plan.  The 2 swings he had were called "the fairway finder" and "the crank." 

His swing today looks even more pumped up compared to "the crank". Youza.

Steve

Aaaaand he's on the SI cover.

dcovnovdechambeau_hz.jpg

The U.S. Open champ won’t stop obsessing over something bigger than another tour victory: the perfect, repeatable swing.

Steve