IGNORED

Bryson DeChambeau - Oy

ShawnSum

Bryson is apparently cutting now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

19 hours ago, billchao said:

Nice catch. Wonder what he'll end up being happy with. A guy with his frame that he's built and being 6'1 I would think somewhere around 210 give or take would be really lean and athletic looking for him.

:titleist:

:tmade:

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 2/4/2021 at 11:36 PM, billchao said:

I don't understand how the spectacle has come to an end. He's cutting to get rid of some excessive fat, but wish to retain the strength. If anything, he will go from a little pudgy look to a more defined look. And that doesn't mean he's stopping the training. The spectacle is not that Bryson has gained weight, it's that he's become stronger and is hitting the ball a mile, which he will continue to do. It's quite normal for someone who has gained weight from strength training to accumulate some extra fat and cut at some point to get rid of it.

“I've cut down a little bit. I'm trying to lean out and retain strength,” DeChambeau said. “I'm trying to look better than look a little pudgy. I don't want to look that way anymore.”

• Like 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

9 hours ago, Zeph said:

I don't understand how the spectacle has come to an end. He's cutting to get rid of some excessive fat, but wish to retain the strength. If anything, he will go from a little pudgy look to a more defined look.

Yup.  This may cause the nattering nabobs to natter even more, because, if he cuts while retaining muscle mass, he'll look even more "ripped" than he does now.

4 hours ago, SEMI_Duffer said:

This may cause the nattering nabobs to natter even more

Excellent phrase!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Flash from the past! 23 years ago John Daly attempts to drive Bay Hill no.6. Ends up with an 18! He wouldn't give up! Read all about it here

john-daly-18.jpg

Long before Bryson DeChambeau thought about driving the lake at Bay Hill, John Daly put his stamp on history with an all-time blow-up on the hole.

17 hours ago, Zeph said:

I don't understand how the spectacle has come to an end.

I wouldn’t think too much about a click-baity title. It’s just how a lot of articles are written these days.

Anything Bryson does that goes against the grain is considered a spectacle.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I will say this, it's only a matter of time when this violent swing takes it's toll on him. Look at Tiger and the back problems he has had. I really enjoy watching BD, and root for him, but something will give out, a knee, back, shoulder, etc, in time.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Billy Z said:

I will say this, it's only a matter of time when this violent swing takes it's toll on him. Look at Tiger and the back problems he has had. I really enjoy watching BD, and root for him, but something will give out, a knee, back, shoulder, etc, in time.

Maybe.

Let’s beware of small sample sizes.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I would say that Bryson doesn't swing like Tiger. So, I have no clue if he will be more injury prone or less injury prone. 

I do think at some point he should tone it down. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

3 hours ago, Billy Z said:

"In time" we all break down somewhat. He's trying to be the best he can be right now, I don't see this as a long term thing. He also has a good team around him, this has been years in the making of getting his body prepared to swing like this.

I have a buddy who does long drive and he just took 3 months off the give his CNS a break. Says that when he's going fast, especially in competition, he's almost on the verge of blacking out, heart rate gets super high. That might be more of a concern for Bryson than hurting a particular body part because of how amped up he has to get to take the governors off.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

8 hours ago, mvmac said:

"In time" we all break down somewhat. He's trying to be the best he can be right now, I don't see this as a long term thing. He also has a good team around him, this has been years in the making of getting his body prepared to swing like this.

I agree here. I think that Bryson going through a cut is just the natural process that happens when you put on size. In my opinion, if he leans down, he will "look" bigger than he is now. I believe he sees his window to be the best and he is doing everything to make that happen "now." Going through a cut and shedding some of the fat may even allow him to reach greater swing speeds.  Bryson is a smart guy. I think he tones it down when it's time to tone it down.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Steve... the link references your Zire account, which is private.

Sorry. Try this link

This made me laugh so hard. 
6EA4ADD6-1099-4A9E-B30A-A8CFD0181EDE.jpeg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

When I saw Bryson on the range - sorry - Practice Facilty with Vijay, a minute ago I at first thought it was another player having a joke imitating Bryson. :-)

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.