IGNORED

Bryson DeChambeau - Oy

ShawnSum

7 hours ago, boogielicious said:

He can infect people who may die. That’s pretty costly.

That’s the problem.   Won’t cost him anything.   Only others.

—Adam

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's annoying to hear Dechambeau says that he doesn't get the Covid vaccine so others can. It's like we have a vaccine shortage or something.

Irons: 0.5 inch short and 2* Flat Mavrik 5 to AW (AW-105, PW-120, 9-135, 8-145) The lofts for these clubs are about 3* to 5* stronger  than standard.

Wedges: Mizuno MP-R series 52* and 56*. (80, 60)

Nickent: 4DX 2 hybrid 17* and 4 hybrid 23* (185 and 170 carry)

3 Wood: Tour Edge XGC 13* (195 carry)

Driver: Callaway FT IZ Driver 9* (210 carry, ~230 total)

• Administrator

I’m sure it affected them, but when was the last time the Tour actually gave a slow play penalty, and when was one given to the leaders of the tournament. In hindsight, it would have been a lot better to stick to the routine, and take a stroke penalty rather than the implosion that followed. I doubt seriously that the Tour would have given more than one stroke.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Sandy Divot said:

I’m sure it affected them, but when was the last time the Tour actually gave a slow play penalty, and when was one given to the leaders of the tournament. In hindsight, it would have been a lot better to stick to the routine, and take a stroke penalty rather than the implosion that followed. I doubt seriously that the Tour would have given more than one stroke.

I wasn't asking about the slow play penalty.

Particularly when one wasn't given.

And when the word "penalty" doesn't even appear in the column.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

35 minutes ago, iacas said:

He’s a douche, but the fans have to stop and let them play golf. I have no problem with the slow play warning. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

39 minutes ago, iacas said:

1. On the slow play warning, it was “earned;”  maybe not intentionally, but through a combo of slow play and poor play…either way, I’d rather the TOUR be more aggressive about slow play than enable it. I don’t feel bad for them there.

2. On the “Brooksy” thing, while I’m sure many here will rightly argue that fan harassment has always been a part of sports universally, I’ve always seen golf as being a sport that was somewhat different. I know that’s somewhat romantically naive, but I see it as more noble exemplified by the fact it’s one of the few sports where players actually call penalties on themselves. While probably impractical, I’d like to see efforts made by the venues to eject fans who are overtly harassing players. Having said all of that, I think both Brooks and Bryson have contributed to the ongoing saga (maybe in attempts to perpetuate the buzz for the millions of dollars social media bonus) and so in a sense, Bryson is simply getting burnt by a flame he has fanned from time to time. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

I think Bryson has brought a lot of the fan reaction on himself. That being said, golf is not like the other pro sports, and the fans should behave better. 

19 hours ago, imsys0042 said:

That’s the problem.   Won’t cost him anything.   Only others.

Bryson has recovered from Covid-19! He likely has more antibodies than anyone that has had the vaccine and studies claim they are longer lasting and may even last a lifetime. Read a study from this month by Ali Ellebedy, Ph.D., an associate professor of pathology, immunology, medicine and molecular microbiology. I realize these are questions we aren't supposed to ask or consider.

I can't find any studies that indicate getting vaccinated after recovering from Covid-19 provide any benefit, just a guess it won't hurt even if they haven't been able to confirm if it could hurt or not., even through a search on Google. DuckDuckGo is always wise to cross-check with or use exclusively.

Edited by PNW

39 minutes ago, PNW said:

I can't find any studies that indicate getting vaccinated after recovering from Covid-19 provide any benefit

vaccination-program_600px.png

Answers to commonly asked questions about COVID-19 vaccines, including vaccine cost, availability, and types.

"Studies have shown that vaccination provides a strong boost in protection in people who have recovered from COVID-19."

As for the slow play concerns, the Tour should follow its policies and procedures, which it did.  They should do that even when the "slow group" is the last group on the last day, which they did.  I sympathize with both players, but playing a shot within the time limits isn't really speeding.  And Webb should know, he doesn't need to "run" between holes, he just has to play with the allotted time.  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:
vaccination-program_600px.png

Answers to commonly asked questions about COVID-19 vaccines, including vaccine cost, availability, and types.

"Studies have shown that vaccination provides a strong boost in protection in people who have recovered from COVID-19."

As for the slow play concerns, the Tour should follow its policies and procedures, which it did.  They should do that even when the "slow group" is the last group on the last day, which they did.  I sympathize with both players, but playing a shot within the time limits isn't really speeding.  And Webb should know, he doesn't need to "run" between holes, he just has to play with the allotted time.  

Thanks, checked the link. Validates my comment to an extent and now more information and studies indicate up to lifetime immunity for those recovered from Covid-19. I am open to all information in an open transparent way without censorship.

"Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19, it is possible—although rare—that you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 again. Studies have shown that vaccination provides a strong boost in protection in people who have recovered from COVID-19. Learn more about why getting vaccinated is a safer way to build protection than getting infected." From the CDC link>

The CDC has been a moving target, worth considering even if they have been all over the map with predictions and guidance. I would like to review the studies referred to in the CDC link but haven't found them yet..

Another study from last month:

Sidewalk_Cafe_Masks_732x549-thumbnail.jp

Researchers say that people who’ve had COVID-19 appear to have similar immunity to the virus as those who’ve been fully vaccinated.

38 minutes ago, PNW said:

The CDC has been a moving target, worth considering even if they have been all over the map with predictions and guidance. I would like to review the studies referred to in the CDC link but haven't found them yet..

Yeah, oddly enough, continual review of developing data means continual revisions.  I for one am happy to know that medical scientists are continuing to collect data and continuing to evaluate and to revise guidelines as appropriate.  

I think that if we want to continue discussing COVID, outside of the Bryson issues, we should probably move the discussion to the other topic here:

• Thumbs Up 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Slow play - I doubt they were actually running. There is no reason professional golf should be so slow, and if warned they did not even meet those lowly standards.

Brooksie - Unless the Tour decides spectators are to remain silent, then deal with it. Many players have dealt with this in the past... Colin (Mrs. Doubtfire) Montgomerie comes to mind as an example.

2 hours ago, PNW said:

Thanks, checked the link. Validates my comment to an extent and now more information and studies indicate up to lifetime immunity for those recovered from Covid-19. I am open to all information in an open transparent way without censorship.

"Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19, it is possible—although rare—that you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 again. Studies have shown that vaccination provides a strong boost in protection in people who have recovered from COVID-19. Learn more about why getting vaccinated is a safer way to build protection than getting infected." From the CDC link>

Another study from last month:

Sidewalk_Cafe_Masks_732x549-thumbnail.jp

Researchers say that people who’ve had COVID-19 appear to have similar immunity to the virus as those who’ve been fully vaccinated.

I agree with Dave, things should move to the Covid thread in the Grill Room.   But I wanted to mention if you don’t, that there is no consensus on anti-bodies from infection being as good as a vaccine.   So if you take it that way, please get the vaccine if you haven’t.   It can only help.

—Adam

"Brooksy" is probably the least of it.  I went to Travelers a couple years back and was shocked at what was said to players, right up in the faces as they walked between holes.  P Reed was really a target at that particular time. 

Mike

Driver: TM Sim2 9* Ventus Black, M5 9* Kuro Kage
Fwy: TM SLDR 3W, 5W;    Hybrid: TM M1 4 Hybrid
Irons: TM Tour Preferred MC 2014
Wedges: TM Tour Preferred, 52 @ 51*, 56
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 or Odyssey Rossie

It isn't the hours that you put in at practice that count. It's the way you spend those minutes. -- tony lema

Bryson started the beef with Brooks so he has to live with it.  As for the taunting, I remember spectators would count the number of times Sergio regripped his club before swinging.

I think the tour needs to clamp down on spectator behavior.  They are guests at the course (many private) and should respect that.  Also the players are exposed out there.  Just them and their caddie surrounded by a crowd.  Thats intimidating, and threatening enough. 

I was pulling for Harris English. He’s been hot lately and I like seeing someone breakthrough and win   

On 8/9/2021 at 6:17 AM, woodzie264 said:

While probably impractical, I’d like to see efforts made by the venues to eject fans who are overtly harassing players.

PGATour needs this Ball Girl:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 3

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4