IGNORED

Bryson DeChambeau - Oy

ShawnSum

Think I've seen Bryson wearing wireless earphones on the practice tee. Maybe he needs to wear them during play. In regards to his swing on the final round at the FedEx/St Jude, he seemed to have looser wrists at the top of his swing than he had before. More lag, and as hard as he swings, this could be the reason for his wayward shots. Not a fan of Bryson, but he does get a lot of people willing to watch. 

1 hour ago, Archie Bunker said:

Think I've seen Bryson wearing wireless earphones on the practice tee. Maybe he needs to wear them during play.

You’re probably just kidding, but I’ll be that guy …

(4) Audio and Video.
    •    Allowed.
    »    Listening to audio or watching video on matters unrelated to the competition being played (such as a news report or background music).
    »    But in doing so, consideration should be shown to others (see Rule 1.2).
    •    Not Allowed.
    »    Listening to music or other audio to eliminate distractions or to help with swing tempo, or
    »    Viewing video showing play of the player or other players during the competition that helps the player in choosing a club, making a stroke, or deciding how to play during the round.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 8/9/2021 at 7:16 AM, boogielicious said:

He’s a douche, but the fans have to stop and let them play golf. I have no problem with the slow play warning. 

I agree. Not to justify it, but the ‘heckling’ that I’ve read about, not witnessed, is far less than many current athletes endure and pales in comparison to what earlier players endured. Hell Hale Irwin got a death threat and still won I believe. Bottom line for me…they’re all a bit soft now. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

7 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I agree. Not to justify it, but the ‘heckling’ that I’ve read about, not witnessed, is far less than many current athletes endure and pales in comparison to what earlier players endured. Hell Hale Irwin got a death threat and still won I believe. Bottom line for me…they’re all a bit soft now. 

Agreed... and nevertheless, we go to the golf course for peace, quietude, a place to get away from the daily grind of life and the perfectly timed striking of a beautiful golf shot.  Whether your Sunday round with buds or a pro golf tournament.  No noise.  Golf is not like other sports.  Thank goodness!

Edited by Double Mocha Man
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

You’re all worthless and weak! Drop and give me 20!!

DE35F6B7-7172-4BD8-A6C0-D6B2E2770CC5.jpeg

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, Missouri Swede said:

You’re probably just kidding, but I’ll be that guy …

Must be a new rule. Richard Zokol (aka Disco Dick) won the Greater Milwaukee open in 1982 wearing headphones and listening to music during play.

4 minutes ago, Archie Bunker said:

Must be a new rule. Richard Zokol (aka Disco Dick) won the Greater Milwaukee open in 1982 wearing headphones and listening to music during play.

This is from the PGA Tour Players Handbook for a year or two back, 2019-2020

"Mobile and other electronic devices are prohibited for all purposes on the golf course for use by players and caddies unless approved by the Rules Committee. In addition to being considered conduct unbecoming a professional, the use of such devices (or accessing certain types of data from such devices) may also be a violation of the Rules of Golf."

https://qualifying.pgatourhq.com/static-assets/uploads/2019-2020-pga-tour-handbook--regs-09_10_19.pdf

Rule 4.3a(4) says you cannot listen to music in order to eliminate distractions or help swing tempo.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I'll happily give you 20 pushups, but not 20 strokes.

I’m just trying to imagine BD telling Trevino, Nicklaus, Woods, Elder, Thorpe, hell…Garcia…that ‘ the gallery is being mean and calling me Brooksy’

• Funny 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

18 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I’m just trying to imagine BD telling Trevino, Nicklaus, Woods, Elder, Thorpe, hell…Garcia…that ‘ the gallery is being mean and calling me Brooksy’

Well, Trevino would have had some fun with that.  "Hey Brooksy, you just need to swoop your club outside on the backswing like this..."

2 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Unless it's AC/DC or Mott the Hoople in your head...

Are you kidding, those are top of my personal playlist!:banana:

• Like 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

7 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Unless it's AC/DC or Mott the Hoople in your head...

Bryson has the Teletubbies’ theme song in his head. 

• Funny 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Whether your Sunday round with buds or a pro golf tournament.  No noise.  Golf is not like other sports.  Thank goodness!

Well, you’ll be in for an awakening during the pro am coming up… 😉

• Funny 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

53 minutes ago, Archie Bunker said:

I can't speak for 1982.  But from my iPhone version of the 2018 RoG (yes, somehow it still transferred over to my iPhone 12). The circumstances are important (the decision included two more paragraphs I didn't quote below), but in this context it also violated the 2018 rules.

Decision 14-3/17

Player Listens to Music or Broadcast During Round

Q. A player uses a device to listen to music, a radio broadcast or any other type of broadcast during a stipulated round. What is the ruling?

A. Under Rule 14-3a, a player may not use any artificial device or unusual equipment that “might assist him in making a stroke or in his play.” Listening to music or a broadcast while making a stroke or for a prolonged period might assist the player in his play, for example, by eliminating distractions or promoting a good tempo. Therefore, the use of an artificial device to listen to music or a broadcast, whether or not through headphones, while making a stroke or for a prolonged period of time during a stipulated round is a breach of Rule 14-3. However, it would not be a breach of Rule 14-3 for a player to listen to a device briefly, for example, to obtain the results of another sporting event or traffic information, while walking between the putting green of one hole and the teeing ground of the next hole.

There's no specific indication as to whether listening to music or even using headphones might be "distracting" to other players or if specific music might be considered "disrespectful conduct" to another player in the group, with all of the attendant consequences. (Sorry, wrong thread.) :whistle:

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

5 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

I can't speak for 1982.  But from my iPhone version of the 2018 RoG (yes, somehow it still transferred over to my iPhone 12). The circumstances are important (the decision included two more paragraphs I didn't quote below), but in this context it also violated the 2018 rules.

There's no specific indication as to whether listening to music or even using headphones might be "distracting" to other players or if specific music might be considered "disrespectful conduct" to another player in the group, with all of the attendant consequences. (Sorry, wrong thread.) :whistle:

Perhaps Bryson just needs to find a caddy with a nice singing voice to sing to him during the round...😁

• Funny 1

• 3 weeks later...