IGNORED

Bryson DeChambeau - Oy

ShawnSum

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

"mad scientist"

: A really curious kid with a touch of OCD and a lot of money.

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Personally, I think the guy is good for the game. 

Other than his pace of play, I agree.

29 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

: A really curious kid with a touch of OCD and a lot of money.

I think he just likes to be different. Nothing wrong with that but sometimes he takes it a little too far, IMO. Not with this topic though, because he seems to be onto something, even if it isn’t my cup of tea.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, billchao said:

I think he just likes to be different.

I don’t think he’s thinking of that at all. He is different but not because he wants to be. Incessantly milling over air density numbers prior to a shot is OCD. OCD ranges all over the place from minor, insignificant actions such as straightening a crooked picture to totally disrupting one’s life.

Wanting to bulk up and hit the ball further is just Bryson trying to figure how to be more successful on tour ...and that’s fine. It seems to me the bulking as he did it isn’t the best way or even necessary to achieve more distance. Lots of golfers have improved their distance without bulking up. But I’ll admit it’s probably easier to go from 245 to 275 than it is to go from 315 to 345. Just as it’s easier to go from a 20hcp to a 10 than a 10 to scratch. 

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

All I know is that he is absolutely crushing it right now....and playing pretty good golf to go with it. 

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

2 hours ago, Sandy Divot said:

Looks like Gronk with a funny hat.

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Hey!  Are you making fun of Ben Hogan?!  He wore a funny hat, too.

Don’t be jealous.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

It is entertaining to see him drive it. I wish it wasn’t at Colonial though. Not the best course to just rip it all over the place.

8 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Just as it’s easier to go from a 20hcp to a 10 than a 10 to scratch. 

God I felt that in my soul. Send help, lol.

• Like 1

:titleist:

:tmade:

Tiger puts on about 20 lbs of muscle over the course of five years and is accused of doping. This asshole puts on close to 40 in half a year and nothing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Colin P.

watching him play in the first event after the shutdown at the colonial. He is absolutely HUGE. He has to be juicing! He dwarfs everyone else in the field and it’s not even close. A lot of people suggested Tiger used PEDs in his heyday. His body looked a little bulked but, nothing like BDC. It’s borderline ridiculous!

He has certainly put a hurting on the myth that bulk is the enemy of speed. Poor Chamblee has  some soul searching to do.

Edited by GolfLug
  • Like 1

Vishal S.

On 6/12/2020 at 5:10 PM, Sandy Divot said:

Looks like Gronk with a funny hat.

In 10 years or so, he’ll look like John Daly with a funny hat!  

Minus any personality though...

Edited by David in FL

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

5 hours ago, colin007 said:

Tiger puts on about 20 lbs of muscle over the course of five years and is accused of doping. This asshole puts on close to 40 in half a year and nothing.

He put on 40lbs, not 40lbs of muscle.

Am I the only person here that watches the long drive competitions? Those guys aren't small.

• Like 3

Bill

My Swing Thread

15 hours ago, colin007 said:

What are you like 12 years old! Whats with the name calling?

I have read through this thread and I see that the vast majority of posts are "snarky". very little intelligent discourse. It's OK to disagree with the man's approach to becoming better at his chosen profession; but make your point without the snarky comments and name calling.

Bryson is very transparent about what he is attempting to achieve, if you followed him on Twitch and Instagram you would know this. One of his goals is to be the longest hitter on tour; a goal which he has achieved.

Follow Bryson on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/thebadone23 

Check out his "numbers" to see how he has progressed: 

Also he shares his thought on the golf swing quite readily - you might disagree with his ideas - fine, present your counter arguments. 

For example read this golf digest article and share your thoughts: 

dechambeau.jpg

Bryson DeChambeau was full of helpful tips that can improve your golf swing's consistency and power, all through his Twitch stream.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

Thanks for the lecture dad.

Lighten up. It’s just golf. And we’re just discussing a guy who deserves some bullshit for all the bullshit he’s dished out.

😉

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets