IGNORED

Bryson DeChambeau - Oy

ShawnSum

1 minute ago, Shorty said:

When I saw Bryson on the range - sorry - Practice Facilty with Vijay, a minute ago I at first thought it was another player having a joke imitating Bryson. :-)

Vijay looked like he was laughing. Or at the very least, amused. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote from an interview earlier in the week . . . “There is something in the bag this week that will be very helpful. I won’t go into specifics but it’s been a few years in the making.” What was he talking about, that funky driver?

Bill M

If Augusta is like a par 68 for him, it's playing damn tough.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• 3 months later...
  • Administrator
59303_1200

Isn’t Bryson DeChambeau supposed to be smart? Then why is it, when it comes to the COVID-19 vaccine, he sounds like such a dummy? 

Isn’t Bryson DeChambeau supposed to be smart?

That’s his schtick, isn’t it?

He studied physics at SMU. His nickname is the “Mad Scientist.” 

He can talk endlessly about training his brain to find the proper balance between the “parasympathetic and sympathetic states.”

Turns out that’s bunk.

DeChambeau is a dummy. Indeed, he is the worst kind of dummy, the kind that likes to pretend he is smart. You know the type, don’t you?

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

49 minutes ago, iacas said:
59303_1200

Isn’t Bryson DeChambeau supposed to be smart? Then why is it, when it comes to the COVID-19 vaccine, he sounds like such a dummy? 

DeChambeau is a dummy. Indeed, he is the worst kind of dummy, the kind that likes to pretend he is smart. You know the type, don’t you?

Yes, they cause the worse roadblocks and they slow things down the worst.  Why?  Because they are accepted as “smart” or “accomplished” and pontificate like they know everyone while you second guess yourself to make sure you are saying things that are accurate.   Hands down, these are the kind of people who lead to high turnover in companies.  They revel in their own enlightened opinions and it takes too long for them to drive their ignorance off a cliff sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

—Adam

• Administrator

It's interesting to see other Tour players go after Bryson for stuff. Normally golf is so "gentlemanly."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Maybe Bryson will actually listen to Edoardo Molinari;  among other things, he has a degree (I want to say a Masters' degree;  I just checked and only confirmed he has a degree in the area) in engineering.  Not that this is an engineering discipline, but that seems to be Bryson's claims.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

4 hours ago, Shindig said:

Maybe Bryson will actually listen to Edoardo Molinari;  among other things, he has a degree (I want to say a Masters' degree;  I just checked and only confirmed he has a degree in the area) in engineering.  Not that this is an engineering discipline, but that seems to be Bryson's claims.

Bryson dropped out of SMU with no degree.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

19 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Bryson dropped out of SMU with no degree.

Yeah, my wording was bad.  I meant he wants to say he's more inclined to listen to scientists (although we've seen recently that isn't true in a big way), and Molinari has an engineering degree, so maybe he'll listen to Molinari. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I suppose Bryson has said and done enough controversial things, that nobody is taking a real big risk criticizing him.

Still, it is probably also the case that a guy like Molinari has less to be concerned with than certain other people. Doesn't the man play most of his golf in Europe anyway. Probably a prospective Ryder Cup teammate might sooner avoid that.

Like I've said before, having a black hat in golf is a good thing. Particularly good when that black hat is capable of being freakishly good and bad at different times. Nothing anyone says really seems to change DeChambeau. That's what I call entertainment value. Actually watched a bit this afternoon because he was doing his thing.

1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

That's what I call entertainment value. Actually watched a bit this afternoon because he was doing his thing.

Well I agree with the black hat business. But the comments/attitude about being vaccinated isn’t entertaining. It’s incredibly selfish and ignorant. He apologizes for butt-hurting Cobra when he says his driver sucks but he strolls around with blind arrogance on a very important topic that affects the world.

• Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

9 hours ago, Shindig said:

Yeah, my wording was bad.  I meant he wants to say he's more inclined to listen to scientists (although we've seen recently that isn't true in a big way), and Molinari has an engineering degree, so maybe he'll listen to Molinari. 

Frankly I would put engineers ahead of scientists in the area of golf equipment design. We often use the term Rocket Scientist to describe people in that field when the majority are engineers. Even the astronauts we’ve had in the past and currently tend to have advanced engineering degrees. 

Engineering uses a lot more math in combination with science curriculum in undergraduate studies than pure science curriculum.  Engineers are no smarter than scientists, but approach problems from a different angle. We need both to study problems and create solutions. 

DeChambeau possesses none of the qualities of a good engineer or scientists. He’s a golfer who took a few physics classes. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

8 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Well I agree with the black hat business. But the comments/attitude about being vaccinated isn’t entertaining. It’s incredibly selfish and ignorant. He apologizes for butt-hurting Cobra when he says his driver sucks but he strolls around with blind arrogance on a very important topic that affects the world.

Butt hurting Cobra could cost him money, but being stupid about Covid currently costs him nothing.   Heck, he can charter private planes if airlines get more restrictive about passengers being vaccinated.   So to an extent he can live in a bubble of ignorance that most people can’t for now.

—Adam

1 hour ago, imsys0042 said:

Butt hurting Cobra could cost him money, but being stupid about Covid currently costs him nothing.   Heck, he can charter private planes if airlines get more restrictive about passengers being vaccinated.   So to an extent he can live in a bubble of ignorance that most people can’t for now.

He can infect people who may die. That’s pretty costly.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, imsys0042 said:

Butt hurting Cobra could cost him money, but being stupid about Covid currently costs him nothing.

Other than the hit his “brand” takes.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4