IGNORED

Bryson DeChambeau - Oy

ShawnSum

On 9/23/2020 at 11:27 AM, Pretzel said:

One question I might have is how long do steroids remain testable in your system? Do they linger for weeks or even a month like marijuana, or are they something that exits your system in a day or two like some other drugs?

If it's the latter, then it could be entirely possible to bulk up with the help of steroids for a couple months while the PGA is on a break and almost certainly not drug testing, then just focus on trying to keep the gains you made when the season begins again. I'm not entirely familiar with how the specific muscle activation training he's done works, but hard workouts 7 days a week without any days of rest is hard on a body. Certain substances can definitely help to shorten your recovery time and make such a schedule more feasible and sustainable.

Without Googling anything, from what I know it would be relatively easy to get away with doing a cycle of Testosterone. Some of the esters leave the system relatively quickly.

I'm not accusing Bryson at all but if he had actually wanted to do a cycle of test during the months off (and the PGA wasn't testing during the lockdown), it would be pretty easy to get away with.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

22 hours ago, billchao said:

No, but you seemed in disbelief that he could put on 40 lbs naturally. He bulked. TV exaggerates it a little bit. Looks pretty standard to me. I’ve seen lots of powerlifters do it.

I’ve also met a couple of bodybuilders over the years that used substances. Different look.

Where did you get that implication?  I discussed how much of the weight was muscle and my thoughts, based on what I feel that ratio of muscle to fat was, whether he could have done it naturally. 

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

30 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Where did you get that implication?  I discussed how much of the weight was muscle and my thoughts, based on what I feel that ratio of muscle to fat was, whether he could have done it naturally. 

Does not the fact very that you questioned whether he did it naturally imply skepticism? Or that you questioned the PGA Tour’s Anti-Doping Policy?

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

3 minutes ago, billchao said:

Does not the fact very that you questioned whether he did it naturally imply skepticism? Or that you questioned the PGA Tour’s Anti-Doping Policy?

Well, first you said that it had been discussed that he put on 40 pounds but that it wasn't lean mass.  I replied that I never said the 40 pounds was lean mass.  You then surmised that I had difficulty believing that he had put on 40 pounds naturally wherein I answered that I never said it didn't look like he put on 40 pounds and based on what I see from before and after that of the 40 pounds in relation to the ratio of muscle to fat, what I feel is likely he can put on naturally isn't how I see that being distributed on his frame.

So, if your overall conclusion is that I'm skeptical that the muscle he's added (which is not all 40 pounds) was done naturally and if I'm skeptical of an organization turning a blind eye in a situation which they may feel it's more beneficial for them to do - then yes to both.  That said, I'm not convinced of either of those things because I don't know the details of the PGA's anti-doping policy, how quickly substances a person may use in this type of situation stays in a body, and the fact that because Bryson is an outlier when it comes to natural and physical ability (which all PGA players I'd presume have to be) then he could also be an outlier in his ability to grow muscle at a quicker rate than most of us.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

I don't honestly care if he did or not - I just want him to get the same treatment and accusations Tiger did

That's a fair enough statement.

On 9/25/2020 at 8:54 PM, saevel25 said:

I am 99% sure I gained 30 lbs of flab in that sort of timeframe. I got down to 198 lbs and went back up to 230-ish because I got tired of eating 1500 calories a day. 

I know I've done something similar, last year from September to December I went from 170lbs to 200lbs because I wasn't exercising or paying attention to my food and beverage intake during my final semester of college. With junk food and soda during the week, and beer on the weekends, I figured out I was averaging somewhere between 4,000-5,000 calories per day during that period. Going back to a normal food intake was quite the adjustment afterwards, but was much easier if I simply didn't buy any snack foods since I have a bad habit of mindlessly eating while doing something else. 40 pounds in DeChambeau's timeframe isn't at all unrealistic in terms of gaining flab, but if he ate enough and worked out he could definitely gain muscle and a fair amount of body fat to go with it.

• Administrator
BAD1-1856-Wall-1.jpg

A Zoom call with Bridgestone's golf ball team helped Bryson DeChambeau formulate a game plan for tackling Winged Foot's deep rough.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• iacas changed the title to Bryson DeChambeau - Bulking, Testing, Winning?
18 hours ago, iacas said:
BAD1-1856-Wall-1.jpg

A Zoom call with Bridgestone's golf ball team helped Bryson DeChambeau formulate a game plan for tackling Winged Foot's deep rough.

Wow.

I think this is the single biggest takeaway, “Most guys are chipping shots around the green to see how the ball reacts during testing,” Rehberg said. “Bryson’s out here doing the same thing, but he’s the only one I know of who’s purposely putting the ball in bad lies to see how it holds up.” Given where his game is right now, it seems like a great approach.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grizvok said:

Wow.

I think this is the single biggest takeaway, “Most guys are chipping shots around the green to see how the ball reacts during testing,” Rehberg said. “Bryson’s out here doing the same thing, but he’s the only one I know of who’s purposely putting the ball in bad lies to see how it holds up.” Given where his game is right now, it seems like a great approach.

Meh...I don’t buy most of it. It’s neurotic/ocd entertainment more than accurate. He hits good shots and bad shots like everyone. He just hit better ones that week.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

32 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Meh...I don’t buy most of it. It’s neurotic/ocd entertainment more than accurate. He hits good shots and bad shots like everyone. He just hit better ones that week.

How is the single phrase I quoted at all about neurotic/ocd behavior? He did more practice on full swing shots from bad lies than other players on tour (according to some guy).

1 hour ago, Grizvok said:

Wow.

I bet almost every player on tour has tested from good lies, bad lies, bare lies, heavy rough etc.They maybe don’t take it to the same level of detail, but tour pros surely practice from every situation etc. You think they don’t hit ball on the launch monitor from sloping lies, downhill etc

Stevie T

49 minutes ago, Grizvok said:

How is the single phrase I quoted at all about neurotic/ocd behavior? He did more practice on full swing shots from bad lies than other players on tour (according to some guy).

But we don’t know if that is the case. Many players do this during practice rounds. This person didn’t follow all the players. BD played great, but he didn’t invent practicing from bad lies. I do this all the time.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, Grizvok said:

All that ‘ 7000rpm from this type of lie’ stuff...mostly entertaining. Just like the actual physicist ( BD has no degree) who reviewed his chatter about air density and effect on ball was nonsense. It’s fun. He likes to engage in this stuff. Much of it isn’t really doing anything. No harm. But a lot of it’s hogwash. 

Edited by Vinsk
  • Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I think we just let  Bryson play it out.  He’s the shinny ball right now, heck all winners of Majors are.  Next month it will be someone else.  Not a fan of bomb and gouge, but I sometimes think it’s not what people will admire for long.  If it becomes boring people find something else to do.

What if pitchers threw no hitters every week?  What if 100 home runs became the norm?   Of course it won’t happen.  But many do like going to the circus when it comes to town!  What would Bryson look like in a Clown suit?

Just kidding!

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Beastie said:

I bet almost every player on tour has tested from good lies, bad lies, bare lies, heavy rough etc.They maybe don’t take it to the same level of detail, but tour pros surely practice from every situation etc. You think they don’t hit ball on the launch monitor from sloping lies, downhill etc

They don’t.

Bryson prepared extra. Just as some made fun of him for the water spritzing guy.

He does extra.

A lot extra.

• Like 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Another interesting read where Bryson explains how to Bryson-proof the golf course. "In Bryson’s mind, the toughest setups are the ones that force him to think about a club other than driver off the tee."

bryson-driver.jpg

The idea of designing a course to stop a certain player isn't new, but here's the surprising way Bryson DeChambeau says courses could stop him.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure when this was posted, guessing within 24 hours ago?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.