Jump to content
IGNORED

Bryson DeChambeau - Oy


ShawnSum

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, boogielicious said:

He can infect people who may die. That’s pretty costly.

That’s the problem.   Won’t cost him anything.   Only others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I’m sure it affected them, but when was the last time the Tour actually gave a slow play penalty, and when was one given to the leaders of the tournament. In hindsight, it would have been a lot better to stick to the routine, and take a stroke penalty rather than the implosion that followed. I doubt seriously that the Tour would have given more than one stroke.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Administrator
7 minutes ago, Sandy Divot said:

I’m sure it affected them, but when was the last time the Tour actually gave a slow play penalty, and when was one given to the leaders of the tournament. In hindsight, it would have been a lot better to stick to the routine, and take a stroke penalty rather than the implosion that followed. I doubt seriously that the Tour would have given more than one stroke.

I wasn't asking about the slow play penalty.

Particularly when one wasn't given.

And when the word "penalty" doesn't even appear in the column.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
35 minutes ago, iacas said:

He’s a douche, but the fans have to stop and let them play golf. I have no problem with the slow play warning. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
39 minutes ago, iacas said:

1. On the slow play warning, it was “earned;”  maybe not intentionally, but through a combo of slow play and poor play…either way, I’d rather the TOUR be more aggressive about slow play than enable it. I don’t feel bad for them there.

2. On the “Brooksy” thing, while I’m sure many here will rightly argue that fan harassment has always been a part of sports universally, I’ve always seen golf as being a sport that was somewhat different. I know that’s somewhat romantically naive, but I see it as more noble exemplified by the fact it’s one of the few sports where players actually call penalties on themselves. While probably impractical, I’d like to see efforts made by the venues to eject fans who are overtly harassing players. Having said all of that, I think both Brooks and Bryson have contributed to the ongoing saga (maybe in attempts to perpetuate the buzz for the millions of dollars social media bonus) and so in a sense, Bryson is simply getting burnt by a flame he has fanned from time to time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

19 hours ago, imsys0042 said:

That’s the problem.   Won’t cost him anything.   Only others.

Bryson has recovered from Covid-19! He likely has more antibodies than anyone that has had the vaccine and studies claim they are longer lasting and may even last a lifetime. Read a study from this month by Ali Ellebedy, Ph.D., an associate professor of pathology, immunology, medicine and molecular microbiology. I realize these are questions we aren't supposed to ask or consider.

I can't find any studies that indicate getting vaccinated after recovering from Covid-19 provide any benefit, just a guess it won't hurt even if they haven't been able to confirm if it could hurt or not., even through a search on Google. DuckDuckGo is always wise to cross-check with or use exclusively.

 

Edited by PNW
Link to comment
Share on other sites


39 minutes ago, PNW said:

I can't find any studies that indicate getting vaccinated after recovering from Covid-19 provide any benefit

vaccination-program_600px.png

Answers to commonly asked questions about COVID-19 vaccines, including vaccine cost, availability, and types.

"Studies have shown that vaccination provides a strong boost in protection in people who have recovered from COVID-19."

As for the slow play concerns, the Tour should follow its policies and procedures, which it did.  They should do that even when the "slow group" is the last group on the last day, which they did.  I sympathize with both players, but playing a shot within the time limits isn't really speeding.  And Webb should know, he doesn't need to "run" between holes, he just has to play with the allotted time.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:
vaccination-program_600px.png

Answers to commonly asked questions about COVID-19 vaccines, including vaccine cost, availability, and types.

"Studies have shown that vaccination provides a strong boost in protection in people who have recovered from COVID-19."

As for the slow play concerns, the Tour should follow its policies and procedures, which it did.  They should do that even when the "slow group" is the last group on the last day, which they did.  I sympathize with both players, but playing a shot within the time limits isn't really speeding.  And Webb should know, he doesn't need to "run" between holes, he just has to play with the allotted time.  

Thanks, checked the link. Validates my comment to an extent and now more information and studies indicate up to lifetime immunity for those recovered from Covid-19. I am open to all information in an open transparent way without censorship.

"Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19, it is possible—although rare—that you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 again. Studies have shown that vaccination provides a strong boost in protection in people who have recovered from COVID-19. Learn more about why getting vaccinated is a safer way to build protection than getting infected." From the CDC link>

The CDC has been a moving target, worth considering even if they have been all over the map with predictions and guidance. I would like to review the studies referred to in the CDC link but haven't found them yet..

Another study from last month:

Sidewalk_Cafe_Masks_732x549-thumbnail.jp

Researchers say that people who’ve had COVID-19 appear to have similar immunity to the virus as those who’ve been fully vaccinated.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


38 minutes ago, PNW said:

The CDC has been a moving target, worth considering even if they have been all over the map with predictions and guidance. I would like to review the studies referred to in the CDC link but haven't found them yet..

Yeah, oddly enough, continual review of developing data means continual revisions.  I for one am happy to know that medical scientists are continuing to collect data and continuing to evaluate and to revise guidelines as appropriate.  

I think that if we want to continue discussing COVID, outside of the Bryson issues, we should probably move the discussion to the other topic here:

 

 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Slow play - I doubt they were actually running. There is no reason professional golf should be so slow, and if warned they did not even meet those lowly standards.

Brooksie - Unless the Tour decides spectators are to remain silent, then deal with it. Many players have dealt with this in the past... Colin (Mrs. Doubtfire) Montgomerie comes to mind as an example.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, PNW said:

Thanks, checked the link. Validates my comment to an extent and now more information and studies indicate up to lifetime immunity for those recovered from Covid-19. I am open to all information in an open transparent way without censorship.

"Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19, it is possible—although rare—that you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 again. Studies have shown that vaccination provides a strong boost in protection in people who have recovered from COVID-19. Learn more about why getting vaccinated is a safer way to build protection than getting infected." From the CDC link>

The CDC has been a moving target, worth considering even if they have been all over the map with predictions and guidance. I would like to review the studies referred to in the CDC link but haven't found them yet..

Another study from last month:

Sidewalk_Cafe_Masks_732x549-thumbnail.jp

Researchers say that people who’ve had COVID-19 appear to have similar immunity to the virus as those who’ve been fully vaccinated.

 

I agree with Dave, things should move to the Covid thread in the Grill Room.   But I wanted to mention if you don’t, that there is no consensus on anti-bodies from infection being as good as a vaccine.   So if you take it that way, please get the vaccine if you haven’t.   It can only help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

"Brooksy" is probably the least of it.  I went to Travelers a couple years back and was shocked at what was said to players, right up in the faces as they walked between holes.  P Reed was really a target at that particular time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bryson started the beef with Brooks so he has to live with it.  As for the taunting, I remember spectators would count the number of times Sergio regripped his club before swinging.

I think the tour needs to clamp down on spectator behavior.  They are guests at the course (many private) and should respect that.  Also the players are exposed out there.  Just them and their caddie surrounded by a crowd.  Thats intimidating, and threatening enough. 

I was pulling for Harris English. He’s been hot lately and I like seeing someone breakthrough and win   

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 8/9/2021 at 6:17 AM, woodzie264 said:

While probably impractical, I’d like to see efforts made by the venues to eject fans who are overtly harassing players.

PGATour needs this Ball Girl:

 

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • iacas changed the title to Bryson DeChambeau - Oy

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct links for Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package. Save 10% on Mevo with coupon code "IACAS" as well.
  • Posts

    • Day 616 or so: Practiced twice today. First I the morning then in the afternoon after I got back my Evolvr lesson.
    • Practiced twice today. First I worked on some pieces and I didn’t like what I saw in the video. Then, I got my Evolvr lesson back from @iacas and he gave me another feel and idea to work on. Basically, it’s a combination of palmar flexion at the top and forearm rotation to impact. The later is what I am having trouble with. They are somewhat independent. Erik talked about drawing a line through my wrist through the radius and ulna and seeing how it should rotate through impact. So, because I’m a nerd, I took a chopstick and wrist brace and made a training aid so I could see the rotation. It’s not exactly the right angle, but it’s close. I also should really feel like I’m swinging straight down from the top and have the club head drop back behind me while I palmar flex. Here is a 6 iron below. I didn’t swing much faster in any of my practice swings. The pool noodle is there to make me swing out more and not pull the grip left through impact.   Here is the driver. Down the line views.  I only did these mapping swings today. Tomorrow, if the mapping looks okay, I will move onto slow full swings.
    • They must have heard me whining.. lol.
    • I bought a sleeve of Taylormade Tour Response with the large green stripe.  I like them, and the way I’ve seen people line up putts is to line the big green stripe 90 degrees to where they are aiming, so unlike the triple track or single line guides that point at your line, it’s the other way. I’ve started doing that with any ball now, even lining up off the tee.   Generally I play Titleist ProV1 regular or X, with some TP5 and Chrome Soft Triple Track thrown in
    • - No need to be greedy here.  They are lying three (two stroke penalty), you are lying one.  Play for par as the best they can do is hole out for bogie.   - Play to the safe part of the green, no need to sucker pin into trouble.  In LSW, Erik covers why playing to the safer part of the green is smarter course management.  20ft for birdie is likely a two-putt for par, just as a good lag putt from 40ft is a two-putt for par.  Halve the hole and move on.   - When we play our casual men's best ball, we always let the accurate guys go first then we unleash the bomber.  I would do the same here, let the accurate guy get theirs in play as close as they can.  This sets up the bomber to hit a good driveable shot into the green for the win!  IF they OB the ball,  you are still looking at a decent attempt for birdie by the accurate one.    
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Daniel-J
      Daniel-J
      (32 years old)
    2. internal911
      internal911
      (42 years old)
    3. ipadair
      ipadair
      (11 years old)
    4. jwsmith6
      jwsmith6
      (34 years old)
    5. nigel
      nigel
      (64 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...