IGNORED

Bryson DeChambeau - Oy

ShawnSum

20 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Armstrong had so much pressure/obsession  to win and he knew there were many, many other doping schemes taking place.

Definitely.

20 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Bryson is certainly wanting to explore his limits and how they can apply to golf. But doing that taking illegal substances simply isn’t in the realm of BDC nor golf imo.

Respectfully disagree. IMO, when there is this much money and pressure on the line, athletes will do whatever possible to win. The result of BDC winning tournaments because of his driver might influence future pro golfers to get strong fast. Some might chose PEDS. Again, not saying BDC did anything - I have no idea, and you may very well be right about him.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 12/3/2021 at 9:07 PM, iacas said:

The only comments that "damaged" his character were the ones he made himself.

The guy is a doofus.

I remember last summer, when he complained that a cameraman was "damaging my brand" by having the temerity to video Bryson's actions.  Same here, its not Bryson's fault, its everyone else.  If you care about other people's opinions of you, you better think before you open your mouth and give them a reason to think you're a doofus.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

On 10/5/2021 at 10:28 PM, lastings said:

You guys ever notice that there is something Mo Norman-ish about Bryson’s swing?  

Single Plane. "Natural Golf." He patterned his entire approach after Norman long before he bulked up.

On 12/4/2021 at 12:59 PM, Vinsk said:

Armstrong had so much pressure/obsession  to win and he knew there were many, many other doping schemes taking place. 

That's why there are no winners of the Tour De France from 1999 to 2005. When they made Armstrong relinquish his wins, there was literally nobody to give them to. Everyone who finished in or even near the top-10 had also been caught doping. 

On 12/4/2021 at 12:28 PM, chspeed said:

You never know. I thought the same thing about Lance Armstrong

If you knew the sport of cycling at all, you would have known that Armstrong was doping. Literally everyone in that sport was doping at the time. A few of the reasons Armstrong was able to get away with it for so long was that, Americans as a rule don't closely follow cycling. He was a really great story. People love a great story. And Americans wanted to have a hero. Go over there and beat the French and what not. All of my cycling friends and my European friends all told me he was doping. They knew he had to be. To compete in that sport without doping would have been like trying to compete while riding a chromoly huffy. 

Now, back on topic. 

I'll say this for the guy. 
He's thorough. Look, he has a GC4 AND a Flightscope going at the same time. gettyimages-1155450003-1024x1024.thumb.jpg.4998f9532fa69820ecdb21708a667904.jpg

Edited by ChetlovesMer

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

On 12/3/2021 at 9:07 PM, iacas said:
AgEXQWFpY0JQOHZMUTJ1UnE2NXluOU0xR1EAMA

Bryson DeChambeau, ahead of the Hero World Challenge, told the New York Post he almost quit golf this year. Here’s what turned him around.

The only comments that "damaged" his character were the ones he made himself.

The guy is a doofus.

I've always tried to give Bryson a little lee-way, but he's making it tough here. 

Put down the shovel, Bryson. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Put down the shovel and pull up your sleeve.

Nice one. Well said, brother

“I got hit pretty hard,” DeChambeau told the Post. “That’s why I kind of walked away, because people were damaging [my] character. It was all the stuff that was going on in social media. I was like, I really don’t need this. I can walk away and be totally fine the rest of my life, be happy and go and hit the long ball and call it a day.”

Easy solution....STFU or leave. No need to talk endlessly about his "problems". I am sure many people would like to "walk away and be totally fine the rest of my life".

There are two things I find amusing about this. 

1 - People are killing the guy on social media because he threw his driver. I get it. He's thrown clubs and tantrums before. He's certainly not the first golfer to do so, he won't be the last. But, It is a bad look.

2 - Now all of these "golf experts" are coming out saying really stupid stuff like "See, hitting it far isn't sustainable." My personal favorite comment was one guy who claimed Bryson's win while hitting it longer was a "one-off" win. It wouldn't happen again. >>> Then the funny part, he actually pointed to Zach Johnson winning the Masters as an example of "How golf SHOULD be played." .... Huh? ..... There couldn't be more of a one-off than Zach Johnson's Masters win. 

None of Bryson's antics really bother me. I actually find it all very entertaining, usually childish and spoiled-brat-like. HOWEVER, his comments about vaccination were IMO asinine, stupid, and actually reckless. Then he kind of doubled-down on them. Which I thought was even more asinine, stupid and reckless. I don't care if he throws clubs and tantrums and what ever. Even yelling at the camera guy was a bratty-kind-of-big-baby move. But I'd like to see him come out and support vaccinations. A lot of people see him as this golfer's version of "Bill Nye The Science Guy". Him asking people to roll up their sleeve would go along way in my eyes to making that more creditable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

There couldn't be more of a one-off than Zach Johnson's Masters win. 

Zach Johnson has two majors…. 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

15 minutes ago, lastings said:

Zach Johnson has two majors…. 

We all know that @ChetlovesMer has math issues.😜

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 12/6/2021 at 12:40 PM, ChetlovesMer said:

I've always tried to give Bryson a little lee-way, but he's making it tough here. 

Put down the shovel, Bryson. 

This reminds me a bit of Tiger's whining about the press and his hard work early in his career. As Tiger (or someone who wrote about him) told it, Mark O'Meara took him aside and told him (I'm paraphrasing): "Nobody wants to hear about that stuff, so cut it out."

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

We all know that @ChetlovesMer has math issues.😜

Ha ha, that's hilarious!
What I actually meant was to this day I hear people talk about how "Proper Golf" is played short and in the fairway. They often site Zach Johnson winning the Masters as "proof" of that fact. Zach Johnson himself said it was a one in a million way to win The Masters and that it would never happen again that way. That's all I meant by "one-off". 

But you're right of course. As the great philosopher, Barbie, once said "Math is hard". 

download.jpg.2f90fdf1f5d2c770fdedf688a6a5a899.jpg

Edited by ChetlovesMer
  • Booooooooo 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Seriously, WTF?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Seriously, WTF?

His ego is immense.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5 hours ago, iacas said:

Seriously, WTF?

Disclaimer: I am not insinuating that BDC is/has been doping, and at least for now I don't personally believe that he has used any PEDs.

Does he really expect me to believe that a test taken at a single point in time, without any explanation of the analytical methods, over a year after his body/swing transformation occurred, is evidence that he did not use PEDs? In a way, it sort of raises my suspicion by him making this content in the first place.

I mean there was a point in time where Lance Armstrong could state (truthfully I think, but I kind of forget the details of his case) that he had never had a positive test for PEDs.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

2 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

I am not insinuating that BDC is/has been doping,

2 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

it sort of raises my suspicion by him making this content in the first place.

🙄

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge