IGNORED

Bryson DeChambeau - Oy

ShawnSum

7 hours ago, bones75 said:

I know pictures can be misleading, but when were these two taken?  If the latter is very recently, his body fat percentage looks to me more than 15% on the right (can still see abs), and no less than 10% on the left. Doesn't look to me it's total beer gut at least.

I assume the first one was years ago, however the "after" was posted on his Instagram story less than a month ago.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

1 hour ago, Cantankerish said:

I do not agree.  An insult is not a good response.  "Yes." would have been a good response.

EDIT:  I felt certain that you could not keep out of this.

There are places where there's no such thing as a stupid question. TST just isn't one of them. 😋

12 minutes ago, Crim said:

I assume the first one was years ago, however the "after" was posted on his Instagram story less than a month ago.

I just watched a clip Bryson at the Schwab event. Definitely looked like I saw a gut through his shirt, and looks like a different guy than in the 2nd photo.

On 6/17/2020 at 2:57 PM, colin007 said:

There's no reason to hate Tiger. OTOH, Bryson is a tool. 

🙂

You still haven't given a reason for the Bryson-hate.

• Like 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here is a good read about Bryson working with the engineers at LA Golf Shafts to design a shaft for him:

"Bryson DeChambeau of 2019 explained his unbelievable goal to Chris Nolan, Chief Operating Officer of LA Golf Shafts.

“I want to gain 20-to-25 pounds and gain 20-to-25 mph of ball speed off the tee,” DeChambeau told Nolan.

“You’re crazy,” Nolan thought to himself. “He got a good laugh [from everyone there].”" 

Bryson got the last laugh!

"“It’s never been done this way,” Nolan explains. “Bryson is a true designer. Usually engineers dictate the spectrum when it comes to shafts… but he didn’t care about E.I. curves or traditional CPM (cycles per minute). He wanted something totally different.”

After making 26 iterations of prototypes, DeChambeau and the LA Golf team (DeChambeau is a partner with LA Golf) came up with his current LA Golf “Trono” prototype driver shaft. It was a shaft that fit his driver swing at the time, but it would also fit him as his swing speed increased, according to Nolan."

Anyway, if you are a "golf gear head" read the article for other fascinating tidbits. 

bryson-dechambeau-driver-shaft.jpg

Back in 2019, Bryson DeChambeau called his shot when he asked for a unique driver shaft that would hold up to increased speed. Here's the full story.

Here's Bryson explaining why he undergone the transformation; Excerpt from GOLF mag article:

"DeChambeau revealed that his recent mission to gain weight and speed was a spur of the moment decision, in the face of boredom and complacency with his game.

“Yeah, well, I got bored,” DeChambeau said on Thursday. “I love the game of golf, and I love the journey that it takes me on, and I want to keep pursuing different avenues to try to get better, be the best that I can possibly be, and I felt like this is one that I could accomplish.”

Specifically, the decision to begin his quest was made after the 2019 Shriners Hospitals Open in October, where he went 20 under to finish T4.

“Right after Shriners, I just said, you know what, I’m just going to change things up,” he added."

Another article on the swing changes Bryson had to make to accomadate his physical transformation. Excerpted from a GOLF mag article (link provided).

"This is not to say that Bryson’s training didn’t have  a significant impact on the jump in driving distance. Bryson is clearly bigger and looks stronger than he was in 2018.  Increasing strength can improve power and control in several key ways. 

The stronger a golfer is, the more torque he can apply to his club which helps generate more speed in the downswing. In order to take advantage of that increased speed through impact, a golfer must counter the extreme centripetal forces he exerts on the golf club in the downswing. 

In other words, a golfer must pull back on the club with their lead arm and body to keep the club rotating on a circle. This requires tremendous strength as the speed of the club increases. On average, a golfer must pull back with approximately 88 lbs of force to counterbalance a clubhead moving 100 mph. If you increase that clubhead speed to 150 mph, he would have to pull with approximately 196 lbs of force. That requires a big increase in the strength needed to stabilize that new clubhead speed. This is why most amateur golfers would buckle with their legs or early extend towards the ball if they tried to hold onto a club moving 150 mph." 

Read more on the specific swing changes made; like 

1. A Faster backswing
2. More dynamic lower body
3. Swinging Harder (obviously!)

Bryson-swing-changes.jpg

While Bryson DeChambeau's size has been the talk of the Tour, he's also made some swing changes that allow him to bomb it 323 yards on average.

58 minutes ago, MiuraMan said:

“I want to gain 20-to-25 pounds and gain 20-to-25 mph of ball speed off the tee,” DeChambeau told Nolan.

I wonder how long it would take me, going to the gym 3-4 times a week, to gain 20 to 25 pounds of muscle.  I was good for ten weeks at the start of the year but I don't know how much muscle I gained since I didn't weigh myself (and I don't know how to weigh muscle and fat differently).  Then again, Bryson was able to make it part of his job, while I was going recreationally (show up, bench, some other exercises, squats if the rack was available, etc).  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

You may, or may not be a fan of Bryson.IMO Golf is a more interesting game with him involved (apart from the slow play).Golfers who buck the trend and do things differently like Bubba, John Daly, Moe Norman, Jimenez etc. 

And at least he shouts “fore” properly!! *as he reloads a provisional!

• Like 1

Stevie T

Just now, MiuraMan said:

Here is a good read about Bryson working with the engineers at LA Golf Shafts to design a shaft for him:

"Bryson DeChambeau of 2019 explained his unbelievable goal to Chris Nolan, Chief Operating Officer of LA Golf Shafts.

“You’re crazy,” Nolan thought to himself. “He got a good laugh [from everyone there].”" 

Bryson got the last laugh!

"“It’s never been done this way,” Nolan explains. “Bryson is a true designer. Usually engineers dictate the spectrum when it comes to shafts… but he didn’t care about E.I. curves or traditional CPM (cycles per minute). He wanted something totally different.”

After making 26 iterations of prototypes, DeChambeau and the LA Golf team (DeChambeau is a partner with LA Golf) came up with his current LA Golf “Trono” prototype driver shaft. It was a shaft that fit his driver swing at the time, but it would also fit him as his swing speed increased, according to Nolan."

Anyway, if you are a "golf gear head" read the article for other fascinating tidbits. 

bryson-dechambeau-driver-shaft.jpg

Back in 2019, Bryson DeChambeau called his shot when he asked for a unique driver shaft that would hold up to increased speed. Here's the full story.

Here's Bryson explaining why he undergone the transformation; Excerpt from GOLF mag article:

"DeChambeau revealed that his recent mission to gain weight and speed was a spur of the moment decision, in the face of boredom and complacency with his game.

“Yeah, well, I got bored,” DeChambeau said on Thursday. “I love the game of golf, and I love the journey that it takes me on, and I want to keep pursuing different avenues to try to get better, be the best that I can possibly be, and I felt like this is one that I could accomplish.”

Specifically, the decision to begin his quest was made after the 2019 Shriners Hospitals Open in October, where he went 20 under to finish T4.

“Right after Shriners, I just said, you know what, I’m just going to change things up,” he added."

For the gear heads that are curious what the heck this stuff is like.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

5 hours ago, ncates00 said:

You still haven't given a reason for the Bryson-hate.

You literally quoted it. 

Colin P.

5 minutes ago, colin007 said:

You literally quoted it. 

"He's a tool", really isn't a reason.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    

20 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

"He's a tool", really isn't a reason.

It's a reason. It's not a very good one, IMO, but it's a reason.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

You literally quoted it. 

Saying he’s a tool? 🤣🤦‍♂️

You sound like the Tiger-haters: we don’t like him “just because.”

I like Tiger. Sure he seriously screwed up his commitment with his wife, but I like him. As far as Bryson goes, really the only thing I don’t like is his slow play. 

Again, do you have any particular reason for Bryson-hate or are you going the way of vague generalities and lack of personal knowledge hate like so many others. I’m just curious because you seem adamant but without proffering a reason. 

39 minutes ago, billchao said:

It's a reason. It's not a very good one, IMO, but it's a reason.

I disagree. Unless he has specific conduct to point to, it’s not even a reason to begin with—it’s merely one’s perception. He has yet to cite any conduct that has led to his opinion of him; he just says he’s a tool. 

19 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

I disagree. Unless he has specific conduct to point to, it’s not even a reason to begin with—it’s merely one’s perception. He has yet to cite any conduct that has led to his opinion of him; he just says he’s a tool. 

Exactly...it's like when you hear someone saying someone else is a(n) (x insult), and you just wonder why. Some people don't like different, and I figure this is the case here. Like you, the only thing I've ever had a problem with is his PoP, but a lot of tour guys are like that.

• Like 1

• Administrator

What’s it matter?

He’s not the first guy to dislike Bryson.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

57 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Saying he’s a tool? 🤣🤦‍♂️

You sound like the Tiger-haters: we don’t like him “just because.”

I like Tiger. Sure he seriously screwed up his commitment with his wife, but I like him. As far as Bryson goes, really the only thing I don’t like is his slow play. 

Again, do you have any particular reason for Bryson-hate or are you going the way of vague generalities and lack of personal knowledge hate like so many others. I’m just curious because you seem adamant but without proffering a reason. 

You aren’t owed a reason for somebody disliking another.

Lol there's no understanding when it comes to me. If I said I think Bryson is a dick because he whines and pouts (as do Bubba and Speef, who I also dislike) someone could just as easily say that's just his passion and drive. That's just one thing. But again, it's not something that I care if anyone understands.

• Thumbs Up 1

Colin P.