IGNORED

Any Other Cleveland Golf Fans Out There?

On 10/11/2019 at 5:14 PM, topoftheline89 said:

Thats better... Can't wait to try these old but new to me TA7s and see if they are as good for me as the many people who's reviews I read.

Cleveland ta7 (2).JPG

Those were 800 bucks in 2002 according to PGA value guide. They look nice and in good condition. I hope you enjoy them. I see you are in Dayton OH, are you a Guided By Voices fan?

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 1/22/2020 at 4:28 PM, snapfade said:

Those were 800 bucks in 2002 according to PGA value guide. They look nice and in good condition. I hope you enjoy them. I see you are in Dayton OH, are you a Guided By Voices fan?

Hello Snapfade.

Fun to know these Clevlands were once valuable. I am well aware of Guided By Voices and their cult following. My neighbor across the street was actually collaborating with one of the GBV members a year or two ago so I would see him pull up.(Not sure which member).

I haven't devoted any time to listen to the band yet. Just a youtube video or two.

As for the Clevelands. I am not over the moon about the shafts. Much heavier feel then my old Ram's with fiber shafts. I recently picked up a mint complete set of Mcgregor Jack Nicklaus CG1800s with steel shafts  3-SW + 1,3,5 wood that feel alot lighter/ better to swing for a high handicapped like myself. After playing a great back 9 with a set of 70's macgregor tourney blades the other day I have learned a ton about my swing and look forward to revisiting the Clevelands soon. I also just added a matching 3 iron to my Cleveland set. I thought I wouldn't miss a 3 iron but to me it's just not a full bag without one reguardless of how infrequently I hit it,lol. I  had a considerable gap between my 21 degree hybrid (175-200 yds) and my 4 iron (145-165 yds).

Cheers-

I was just checking out the PGA info on the clubs and saw this " • Designed for women golfers of every skill level"  Ha, I didn't think TA7s were a womens club?

Maybe this is why I struggle to hit them as 6'1 225# man.

WITB:

:ping: G25 8.5 with Hazardous black stiff shaft. Anser 3W 15 degree

:mizuno: MP-14 3-9. 51* Mizuno, :cleveland:54* Cleveland RAW ,60*  588 :odyssey: #2 Stricker special

1 hour ago, topoftheline89 said:

Hello Snapfade.

Fun to know these Clevlands were once valuable. I am well aware of Guided By Voices and their cult following. My neighbor across the street was actually collaborating with one of the GBV members a year or two ago so I would see him pull up.(Not sure which member).

I haven't devoted any time to listen to the band yet. Just a youtube video or two.

As for the Clevelands. I am not over the moon about the shafts. Much heavier feel then my old Ram's with fiber shafts. I recently picked up a mint complete set of Mcgregor Jack Nicklaus CG1800s with steel shafts  3-SW + 1,3,5 wood that feel alot lighter/ better to swing for a high handicapped like myself. After playing a great back 9 with a set of 70's macgregor tourney blades the other day I have learned a ton about my swing and look forward to revisiting the Clevelands soon. I also just added a matching 3 iron to my Cleveland set. I thought I wouldn't miss a 3 iron but to me it's just not a full bag without one reguardless of how infrequently I hit it,lol. I  had a considerable gap between my 21 degree hybrid (175-200 yds) and my 4 iron (145-165 yds).

Cheers-

I was just checking out the PGA info on the clubs and saw this " • Designed for women golfers of every skill level"  Ha, I didn't think TA7s were a womens club?

Maybe this is why I struggle to hit them as 6'1 225# man.

Are those 1970's MacGregors straight blades? As in no cavity or what not? If so, those are hard clubs to hit, not very forgiving at all. 

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

(edited)
3 minutes ago, snapfade said:

Are those 1970's MacGregors straight blades? As in no cavity or what not? If so, those are hard clubs to hit, not very forgiving at all. 

I don't know the correct answer. I consider them blades but there is definitely a shape to them.Once I shortened my swing I was nailing greens with these things and getting my usualy distance, the greens were litteraly frozen solid though so balls were bouncing off or rolling to the back edge often.

macgregor Tourney 2.JPG

Macgregor Tourney1.JPG

Edited by topoftheline89

WITB:

:ping: G25 8.5 with Hazardous black stiff shaft. Anser 3W 15 degree

:mizuno: MP-14 3-9. 51* Mizuno, :cleveland:54* Cleveland RAW ,60*  588 :odyssey: #2 Stricker special

Those are cool, definitely a blade, sounds like your having fun with them.

• 2 years later...
On 10/8/2019 at 10:53 AM, topoftheline89 said:

I saw those during my research and find them hillarious. I also find it hillarious that it saved the brand during turmoil because Taylor Made and other companies had to pay royalties to Cleveland when they put similiar pieces on their irons.

Hello, how did it go with TA7 irons? Would love to hear from you. I recently bought 2 iron sets, the TA6 with Japanese Nippon Shaft R 85gr 3 to P and a TA7 set graphite R 3 to P. Will be trying them out in a couple of weeks. (Nursing a knee injury now). Present irons are On OFf Tungsten with the Nippon 95gr S shaft and I can't seem to get a high ball flight with them

Yes, i am big fan of Cleveland clubs. Really enjoying this putter. All black color scheme is slick, doesn’t reflect light on sunny days, and the whole package is really very premium. 2135 technology is really very interesting and enables me to have confidence in setting up correctly over the ball. left handed golf clubs it's always good to use.

A1j1z-hoVTL._SL1600_.jpg

A1oLGZ2ePCL._SL1600_.jpg

I'm a huge fan of Cleveland clubs. I have the CBX Zipcore in my 56°, my irons are the 588mts, my 3w is the hibore. It started with my dad giving me his old quadpro 4, then when I was updating my bag from some old 1970's Wilson k-28 blades, I bought the VAS. I used them for awhile, but was pulling them a lot, and wanted something newer. I gravitate towards Cleveland because of the value for money. They make really good clubs, that don't cost as much as the big guys.

• D1-SIM MAX D 9° Diamana pd 50 reg lofted down 1 click 
  • D2-SIM MAX D 10.5° project x riptide cb 50 reg lofted up 2 clicks
  • 5w- Radspeed motore f3 
  • 3H- Tour Edge Exotics e722 kbs hybrid stiff
  • 4-5h tour edge exotics ex9
  • 6-AW- Cleveland launcher xl Nippon Zelos 7
  • 56°-Cleveland CBX Zipcore
  • P-Odyssey eleven tour lined slant neck

I have a set of VAS irons on the rack in the basement. Gamed them for less than a year.  Only cast clubs I ever bought till I got my T300's.

I do currently bag a 44* CBX Zipcore and two RTX Zipcores to go with one SM7. Love the Cleveland wedges.