topoftheline89

Any Other Cleveland Golf Fans Out There?

24 posts / 2323 viewsLast Reply

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

On 10/11/2019 at 5:14 PM, topoftheline89 said:

Thats better... Can't wait to try these old but new to me TA7s and see if they are as good for me as the many people who's reviews I read.

Cleveland ta7 (2).JPG

Those were 800 bucks in 2002 according to PGA value guide. They look nice and in good condition. I hope you enjoy them. I see you are in Dayton OH, are you a Guided By Voices fan?

On 1/22/2020 at 4:28 PM, snapfade said:

Those were 800 bucks in 2002 according to PGA value guide. They look nice and in good condition. I hope you enjoy them. I see you are in Dayton OH, are you a Guided By Voices fan?

Hello Snapfade.

Fun to know these Clevlands were once valuable. I am well aware of Guided By Voices and their cult following. My neighbor across the street was actually collaborating with one of the GBV members a year or two ago so I would see him pull up.(Not sure which member).

I haven't devoted any time to listen to the band yet. Just a youtube video or two.

As for the Clevelands. I am not over the moon about the shafts. Much heavier feel then my old Ram's with fiber shafts. I recently picked up a mint complete set of Mcgregor Jack Nicklaus CG1800s with steel shafts  3-SW + 1,3,5 wood that feel alot lighter/ better to swing for a high handicapped like myself. After playing a great back 9 with a set of 70's macgregor tourney blades the other day I have learned a ton about my swing and look forward to revisiting the Clevelands soon. I also just added a matching 3 iron to my Cleveland set. I thought I wouldn't miss a 3 iron but to me it's just not a full bag without one reguardless of how infrequently I hit it,lol. I  had a considerable gap between my 21 degree hybrid (175-200 yds) and my 4 iron (145-165 yds).

Cheers-

I was just checking out the PGA info on the clubs and saw this " • Designed for women golfers of every skill level"  Ha, I didn't think TA7s were a womens club?

Maybe this is why I struggle to hit them as 6'1 225# man.

1 hour ago, topoftheline89 said:

Hello Snapfade.

Fun to know these Clevlands were once valuable. I am well aware of Guided By Voices and their cult following. My neighbor across the street was actually collaborating with one of the GBV members a year or two ago so I would see him pull up.(Not sure which member).

I haven't devoted any time to listen to the band yet. Just a youtube video or two.

As for the Clevelands. I am not over the moon about the shafts. Much heavier feel then my old Ram's with fiber shafts. I recently picked up a mint complete set of Mcgregor Jack Nicklaus CG1800s with steel shafts  3-SW + 1,3,5 wood that feel alot lighter/ better to swing for a high handicapped like myself. After playing a great back 9 with a set of 70's macgregor tourney blades the other day I have learned a ton about my swing and look forward to revisiting the Clevelands soon. I also just added a matching 3 iron to my Cleveland set. I thought I wouldn't miss a 3 iron but to me it's just not a full bag without one reguardless of how infrequently I hit it,lol. I  had a considerable gap between my 21 degree hybrid (175-200 yds) and my 4 iron (145-165 yds).

Cheers-

I was just checking out the PGA info on the clubs and saw this " • Designed for women golfers of every skill level"  Ha, I didn't think TA7s were a womens club?

Maybe this is why I struggle to hit them as 6'1 225# man.

Are those 1970's MacGregors straight blades? As in no cavity or what not? If so, those are hard clubs to hit, not very forgiving at all. 

3 minutes ago, snapfade said:

Are those 1970's MacGregors straight blades? As in no cavity or what not? If so, those are hard clubs to hit, not very forgiving at all. 

I don't know the correct answer. I consider them blades but there is definitely a shape to them.Once I shortened my swing I was nailing greens with these things and getting my usualy distance, the greens were litteraly frozen solid though so balls were bouncing off or rolling to the back edge often.

macgregor Tourney 2.JPG

Macgregor Tourney1.JPG

Edited by topoftheline89