IGNORED

NCAA Football 2019

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 1530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

35 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Actually, I never considered that a humiliating loss for OSU.

Of course not. Sorry my friend. No numbers or stats can clear a 31-0 blitz. Come on. You said you weren’t one of those types of fans...

OU’s defense cost them. I can freely admit when a team I favor lays an egg. I also know when they’ve been given a favor. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

41 minutes ago, iacas said:

Seriously.

FFS guys, because it’s the same scenario. It’s College Football and despite all the crazy stuff that happens there are many similarities. Why do you think we’ve been bored to tears with Alabama/Clemson? How many years have we had Alabama, Clemson, OSU in the talks of the playoffs? It’s like a golfer who chokes two Majors in a row when he was hyped to win. It’s why we always shook when Greg Norman teed of at the Masters. It’s history. 
Ill shut up about history. But @saevel25 saying a 31-0 loss to Clemson wasn’t a humiliating loss is as ridiculous as my drivel. Let’s be fair here.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

33 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Of course not. Sorry my friend. No numbers or stats can clear a 31-0 blitz. Come on. You said you weren’t one of those types of fans...

I’m not, I actually watched the game. There were way more embarrassing losses than that one. You can be objective in a loss. Take off your blinders. 

34 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

OU’s defense cost them. I can freely admit when a team I favor lays an egg. I also know when they’ve been given a favor. 

I do as well. 

23 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Ill shut up about history. But @saevel25 saying a 31-0 loss to Clemson wasn’t a humiliating loss is as ridiculous as my drivel. Let’s be fair here

When you consider that Clemson averaged 39 points with 30 minutes time of possession and OSU held them to 31 at 35 TOP, the defense balled out. If Clemson did their average they should have scored 45 points. If you actually watched the game, you could tell the OSU defense put up an amazing fight. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

After winning their first three games against Bowling Green, Tulsa and Oklahoma, the Buckeyes scored an average of 56.7 points per contest while giving up an average of 12.3 points. This huge margin of victory is due to production of the players on both sides of the ball.

The offensive unit has averaged 7.1 yards per play while racking up an average of 545.3 yards per game in its first three games.  It helps to have a dual-threat quarterback under center.

This was an article about the 2016 OSU team. Yet 31-0 against Clemson. Hey buddy...I can’t match you with stats and charts...not a chance. But a 31-0 loss after showing dominance all season ( sound familiar?) isn’t a game to revel about. You’re way ahead of me in this discussion...I’ll easily admit that. But let that 31-0 loss defending go or you’ll start sounding like me.😁

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2019%2F0921%2Fr601121_1

The Bulldogs will host the Buckeyes on Sept. 14, 2030, and Georgia will travel to Ohio State for the season opener on...

This is awesome. Sure wish it was coming sooner though. But great move!

I'm definitely not an OSU fan but I believe they are one of the top four in the country.   

The B1G is very good at traveling to bowl games, better than most other conferences.    There is usually more $$ tied to the B1G school's athletic programs.  If a bowl committee had to choose between a B1G team and another team (maybe not SEC), there wouldn't be much competition which school would bring in the biggest dollars.  

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

But @saevel25 saying a 31-0 loss to Clemson wasn’t a humiliating loss is as ridiculous as my drivel. Let’s be fair here

I don't care what team you follow, 31-0 is a white wash.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

This was an article about the 2016 OSU team. Yet 31-0 against Clemson. Hey buddy...I can’t match you with stats and charts...not a chance. But a 31-0 loss after showing dominance all season ( sound familiar?)

Yea, if you actually watch them you’d see that there was weaknesses. 

A good number of their wins were close that season. 

30-23 v Wisc, loss 21-27 v PSU, 24-20 v Northwestern, 17-16 v MSU, 30-27 v Michigan.

when you watched them you could see the issues. Those things do not exist this year. It’s like when you watch OU and see the holes in the defense. You can tell.

This year against a tough B10 they haven’t let a team score more than 10 pts. They make adjustments like clockwork. That is why they lead the nation in 2nd quarter scoring margin. This team is different. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

This team is different. 

I do agree with that. But the slow starts they’ve pulled ( 1st Qrt) could cause then problems against an elite offense. I can say I’d much rather see OSU/Alabama or OSU/LSU than Clemson.

2 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I do agree with that. But the slow starts they’ve pulled ( 1st Qrt) could cause then problems against an elite offense. I can say I’d much rather see OSU/Alabama or OSU/LSU than Clemson.

Meh, not that big of deal. 

Only a 3 point difference between Alabama and OSU in 1st quarter scoring. 

2nd quarter adjustments is much better for OSU 😉

5 point difference between them an Alabama. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

34 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Meh, not that big of deal. 

Only a 3 point difference between Alabama and OSU in 1st quarter scoring. 

2nd quarter adjustments is much better for OSU 😉

5 point difference between them an Alabama. 

Right...but Alabama hasn’t played an elite offense either .....They’re about to play a pretty damn good one so we’ll see.

Yikes... This doesn't look good.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2019%2F1105%2Fr623789_1

Ohio State defensive end Chase Young will not play Saturday against Maryland due to a possible NCAA issue from 2018 that the Ohio State...

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

If he needs help deleting text messages, I know a guy ...

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

9 hours ago, klineka said:

Yikes... This doesn't look good.

From Joel Klatt, 

From Bruce Feldman, 

All that remains is how much money did he take. In the end, it looks like he paid it back (which is required by NCAA anyways). 

The only reason why he's out against Maryland is because OSU is doing it to protect the team.

From Collin Cowherd's show, 

Some more facts, 

1. He got money from a friend of the family.
2. He paid it back.
3. Chase Young brought it to the attention to the school and they self reported it to the NCAA as a violation. 

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

From Joel Klatt, 

From Bruce Feldman, 

All that remains is how much money did he take. In the end, it looks like he paid it back (which is required by NCAA anyways). 

The only reason why he's out against Maryland is because OSU is doing it to protect the team.

From Collin Cowherd's show, 

Some more facts, 

1. He got money from a friend of the family.
2. He paid it back.
3. Chase Young brought it to the attention to the school and they self reported it to the NCAA as a violation. 

Oh it’ll be fine...and as for the Maryland game...they could put his little sister in and do fine. I’m sure this will all get sorted out. Maryland’s in for a much tougher weekend. 52-3. If OSU doesn’t get bored.

On 11/7/2019 at 12:24 PM, klineka said:

If all of those teams are allegedly cupcakes, what does that say about LSU's schedule considering they have played and beaten two top 10 teams but still have a lower strength of schedule than OSU, who has played over half of their games against alleged cupcakes?

So at this point taking the teams positions at any given time, LSU has beaten 4 top 10 teams with two of them still top 10.

OSU has beaten.....1. With zero currently top 10.

Just now, dennyjones said:

After watching the LSU/Alabama game, the playoffs are going to be exciting.

Definitely. I just wish PSU and Wisconsin would’ve been for real. OSU won’t have any trouble with PSU and very unlikely to struggle with Michigan. I don’t see OSU laying an egg this year...just too consistent and solid offense/defense. Losing Young sucks for them, but I think they still have the defense they need to take PSU/MI.

6 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

So at this point taking the teams positions at any given time, LSU has beaten 4 top 10 teams with two of them still top 10.

OSU has beaten.....1. With zero currently top 10.

I can’t argue that LSU should not be #1 now. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

9 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I can’t argue that LSU should not be #1 now. 

Did you watch the Minn/PSU game? Just seemed like PSU couldn’t get it going to finish anything. Aside from having 3-0 turnovers....PSU led on possession/TY/3rd down conversion and first downs.

Note: This thread is 1530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!