IGNORED

NCAA Football 2019

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 1551 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, klineka said:

Plenty of breaks going Michigan's way now too. Fields likely isn't at 100%, muffed punt, OSU penalty on 2 point conversion giving Michigan a second try, etc. Good/bad breaks happen for both teams, the best teams typically do a better job taking advantage of the breaks they get. 

I have a hard time watching OSU (let alone "The Game") with any degree of rationality.

TTUN not scoring TDs in the red zone were massive. Mistakes/breaks ended up favoring OSU slightly, but the biggest thing in my opinion is that TTUN absolutely could not stop Dobbins and the OSU offense in general. Every break either team had could have gone TTUN's way and it might not have made the difference with the way OSU was playing on offense.

Dobbins ought to be in New York for the Heisman ceremony at minimum.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

You forgot about “shoe-gate”! 😜

Michigan forgot to play defense. They were clearly outmatched from the start.

https://twitter.com/11W/status/1200837792613441537?s=20

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

First time in my life I had to root for Ohio State.

That guarantees them the playoffs, and if Wisconsin wins here today against Minnesota, It should put them in the Rose Bowl.

And for what it’s worth, I‘d pay a lot of money to see Alabama, or any other SEC weenies play against either Minnesota or Wisconsin up there in weather like today!  😁

Edited by David in FL
  • Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

16 minutes ago, David in FL said:

And for what it’s worth, I‘d pay a lot of money to see Alabama, or any other SEC weenies play against either Minnesota or Wisconsin up there in weather like today!  😁

And the snow isn't even sticking yet. Good game so far.

It maybe cold, rainy and cloudy here in Ohio but we've got our sunshine for one more year.

2 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

And the snow isn't even sticking yet.

Never mind. It's sticking now.

Baker Mayfield planting flags in Stadiums is little league compared to OSU taking over the biggest stadium in NCAA football with the O-H-I-O chant! 

I can kinda see why other fans hate OSU fans... 🤣

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

52 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Baker Mayfield planting flags in Stadiums is little league compared to OSU taking over the biggest stadium in NCAA football with the O-H-I-O chant! 

I can kinda see why other fans hate OSU fans... 🤣

That is sort of amazing.

Of course, they are pretty different things. Mayfield, a player, did what he did on his own, after the game was over. OSU fans, being fans after all, managed that in the opposition's stadium during the game.

No doubt, it sits as poorly with TTUN fans as Mayfield's antics did with OSU fans. I'll give you that.

(edited)
1 hour ago, David in FL said:

First time in my life I had to root for Ohio State.

That guarantees them the playoffs, and if Wisconsin wins here today against Minnesota, It should put them in the Rose Bowl.

Oh Dave....have you watched any of the Alabama/Auburn game? The ‘Eye Test’ is undeniable. Numbers are nothing. Totally different level of play. OSU lucky it’ll probably be Georgia so at least they have a chance for the NC. LSU/Alabama...hell Auburn after today....just explosive and would dominate OSU as they’d be shell shocked coming from the likes of Penn State, Cincinnati and a mediocre Michigan team. Minnesota/Wisconsin against SEC? You’re not serious are you? 65-0.

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Oh Dave....have you watched any of the Alabama/Auburn game? The ‘Eye Test’ is undeniable. Numbers are nothing. Totally different level of play. OSU lucky it’ll probably be Georgia so at least they have a chance for the NC. LSU/Alabama...hell Auburn after today....just explosive and would dominate OSU as they’d be shell shocked coming from the likes of Penn State, Cincinnati and a mediocre Michigan team. Minnesota/Wisconsin against SEC? You’re not serious are you? 65-0.

You were doing so well until you started spouting this crap again... I'm not even going to go into how wrong you are because you refuse to even let it sink in. So, let's just stop this here and move on. 😛 

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

4 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Oh Dave....have you watched any of the Alabama/Auburn game? The ‘Eye Test’ is undeniable. 

My eyes see a lack of defense being played in the Alabama/Auburn game. 

My eye saw that LSU's defense gave up over 500 yards and 5 touchdowns to a 4-7 Ole Miss.

OSU has more than enough firepower on offense to keep up with ANY team in the country. Prior to the game today, Michigan's defense was ranked 4th best in yards allowed per game and OSU put up 577 yards and 56 points.

12 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

LSU/Alabama...hell Auburn after today....just explosive and would dominate OSU

This is getting ridiculous now. 

Thats a trolling level statement made without any facts supporting your claim.

Simply stating "eye test" isnt a fact that backs up your claim. Show me the numbers that show how LSU, Bama, and Auburn would all dominate OSU.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

23 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

You were doing so well until you started spouting this crap again... I'm not even going to go into how wrong you are because you refuse to even let it sink in. So, let's just stop this here and move on. 😛 

It’s my opinion @saevel25. It’s like two driving ranges back to back. You’re watching scratch and +2hcps hit balls with a track man and spewing out all the great numbers. I’m watching PGA Tour players and just ‘seeing’ how much better they are while you get irritated and tell me I’m wrong. You’ll see. OSU will get throttled in the NC.

2 minutes ago, klineka said:

Thats a trolling level statement made without any facts supporting your claim.

FFS I don’t need numbers to state my opinion. Why can’t you understand that. My eye test has OSU looking far inferior to what I watched from Alabama/Auburn today...as a former player. Geesh....quit being so sensitive.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

40 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Alabama just got beat by the number 15 ranked team.  In weather like they had a Minnesota today they would get killed!

Alabama will be lucky to be top 10 after this week, now that they’ve gotten beat by the only two decent teams they played all year.

Wisconsin goes to the Rose Bowl. I’m happy…

In David's bag....

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

It’s my opinion @saevel25.

Fair, then stop stating it as fact. 

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

It’s like two driving ranges back to back. You’re watching scratch and +2hcps hit balls with a track man and spewing out all the great numbers. I’m watching PGA Tour players and just ‘seeing’ how much better they are while you get irritated and tell me I’m wrong. You’ll see. OSU will get throttled in the NC.

Terrible analogy. Basically you are saying the SEC is a professional team and the rest of the NCAA is an amateur minor league. You realize how stupid that sounds. That is like saying any NCAA team has a shot against a pro football team. Alabama would get beat by 50 points against any NFL team. Alabama sends 10-12 players a year to the NFL. The NFL teams have the best players from all of the NCAA. 

Guess what, I would never say that a +2 HDCP player is better than a PGA tour player. Though they might be if the PGA tour player is the 190th ranked player on PGA Tour. I believe the HDCP range for the PGA tour is +2ish to +6ish. So, yea, you struggle to get that right. 

Here are some facts, 

1. OSU has the 2nd most talented team in college football by recruiting rankings over the past 4 years. 
2. The most recent evidence has shown that OSU matches up well with the SEC (OSU takes it to Alabama in 2014). 
3. This OSU team is statistically one of the most dominant teams in the past 15 years. The last team to be this dominant was FSU who won a NC that year, who also played a trash schedule that year. Oh, they beat an SEC team that year to do it. This notion that you need to beat 5 top 15 teams is garbage when considering elite teams who show domination all year long (OSU 2019). 

So, say something like, "I think" for "I believe" before your opinions. You state this stuff as fact, but then claim it as opinion afterwards. Opinions are not fact. 

After saying all of that. It could happen that OSU stinks it up for one game. FSU got absolutely trashed by Oregon in 2014. Bad games happen. One bad game doesn't prove a team is bad. Just like one good game doesn't prove a team is good. Sometimes elite teams do not win the NC game. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

3 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

FFS I don’t need numbers to state my opinion. Why can’t you understand that. My eye test has OSU looking far inferior to what I watched from Alabama/Auburn today...as a former player. Geesh....quit being so sensitive.

Asking someone to back up their opinion with facts is not being sensitive.

People that give their opinions in the Tiger v. Jack debate (or any other debate topic) on this site are expected to back up their opinions with facts or their opinions generally aren't taken very seriously by other members on this site. 

Why do you think opinions in this topic should be treated differently?

You made the claim that the 15th ranked team in the country would dominate the #1 ranked team (on the same day the #1 team dropped 56 points and almost 600 yds against the 13th ranked team) and the only reason you have to support that claim is "your eye test as a former player". That's ridiculous.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

30 minutes ago, klineka said:

People that give their opinions in the Tiger v. Jack debate (or any other debate topic) on this site are expected to back up their opinions with facts or their opinions generally aren't taken very seriously by other members on this site. 

You made the claim that the 15th ranked team in the country would dominate the #1 ranked team (on the same day the #1 team dropped 56 points and almost 600 yds against the 13th ranked team) and the only reason you have to support that claim is "your eye test as a former player". That's ridiculous.

I have to agree. I'll admit that the game had me concerned early on. TTUN was playing well, and TOSU seemed stuck in first gear. Then Ohio State did what really good teams do, they figure things out, make adjustments, and win the game. Convincingly!  

As for 'Bama and Auburn, where was all this vaunted SEC defense we keep hearing about? What was the O/U on that game? They looked like a couple of Big 12 teams! 

And a prior poster had a good point in getting these teams to come up north and play in these conditions. Oh! But they don't like to play in the cold! I've heard this mentioned as why some B1G teams have trouble recruiting from the South. If I was a B1G coach recruiting a 5 star player, I would ask him this question. Are you looking to play in the NFL? If the answer was yes, I would tell him that he'd better learn to play in the cold! He might get drafted by Green Bay! And even southern teams play in northern climes on occasion. 

In conclusion, all I can say is thank God that Alabama will NOT be in the playoffs this year. I have 'Bama fatigue like you can't believe! 

50 minutes ago, klineka said:

and @Vinsk, FYI, facts and opinions are 2 totally different things.  Factual statements are statements that can be proven one way or another.  Ex.- Tiger Woods has won 15 majors.  Opinions, in their purest sense, usually cannot be proven true or false.    Ex.- Tiger Woods has the coolest headcover in golf.  Indeed, if a person's opinion is based on knowledge and information that can be proven or disproven, then that statement is not treated as an opinion, but a statement of fact (but can be disproven).

@klineka, what you are attempting to do is deprive @Vinsk of his opinion.  He need not have any factual basis for his opinion--hence, why it is called an opinion.  In fact, you want him to make a factual statement.  That is different.

Just clearing up the terms here.  Continue your arguments if you wish.  🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, klineka said:

Simply stating "eye test" isnt a fact that backs up your claim. Show me the numbers that show how LSU, Bama, and Auburn would all dominate OSU.

I can think of 3, maybe 4 Big 10 teams that beat Alabama right now.

Much as it kills me to say it, OSU is the best team in college football right now.  LSU a close second.  That’s your national championship game.

Badgers in Pasadena will be fun on New Years Day though.  🙂

In David's bag....

56 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Much as it kills me to say it, OSU is the best team in college football right now.  LSU a close second

Great. And I disagree. LSU is the best team. Their wins are just a little more impressive to me especially with Cincinnati losing today. 
All the pie graphs and bar charts mean nothing when you’re trying to compare teams across different conferences. What I do think is that the top SEC teams look like better teams and could beat OSU. All I’ve got is the history of OSU vs SEC teams to look at which means nothing. I think the SEC is a stronger conference than the B1G. I believe if Minnesota was in the SEC they’d be lucky to be 0.500. 
This is how fighters are looked at too. Numbers don’t really mean anything. People see each fighter and make an opinion as to who they think will  win said match. It’s an eye test which requires no data or stats aside from the qualifying physical attributes. 

And @saevel25 my opinions aren’t garbage nor are they trolling @klineka. Let’s settle down and be a bit more rivalry spirited without the unnecessary insults.

56 minutes ago, David in FL said:

I can think of 3, maybe 4 Big 10 teams that beat Alabama right now.

No way. OSU has the only chance and it would be a close game. What 4 teams? Surely not Penn, Minnesota or Wisconsin.

18 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

What 4 teams? Surely not Penn, Minnesota or Wisconsin.

Yep.  All 3.  Maybe even Michigan.  Bama is very mediocre this year.

History means nothing when comparing current teams...

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Note: This thread is 1551 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!