IGNORED

NCAA Football 2019

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 1557 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

28 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

I saw that he had possession and then decided to reach for the goal line by extending his arms. Impact with the ground was after the TD. There was no "indisputable" video evidence IMO.

Yeah no. Sorry, the video is clear. That’s like saying Patrick Reed didn’t move any sand. Now what was a screw job was the catch/fumble that Okaduh recovered that got called back. In real time it looks like an IP but slow -mo shows Ross taking 3 steps with clear possession before fumbling. The refs blew that one as was agreed on by Herbstreit and the booth rules official. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

Yeah no. Sorry, the video is clear. That’s like saying Patrick Reed didn’t move any sand

Not a close analogy, but it’s really a 50/50 call. If the RB took an extra step with control it should be a TD. If they thought he was still in the process of making a catch, then it’s incomplete. I’m not sure there was enough there to justify it being overturned. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

7 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Yeah no. Sorry, the video is clear. That’s like saying Patrick Reed didn’t move any sand. Now what was a screw job was the catch/fumble that Okaduh recovered that got called back. In real time it looks like an IP but slow -mo shows Ross taking 3 steps with clear possession before fumbling. The refs blew that one as was agreed on by Herbstreit and the booth rules official. 

He has possession then starts to pull the ball towards his chest and then changes his mind and extends his arms as he can't be sure how close he is to the end zone. 

Yes, the catch fumble call was some southern home cookin' by the refs IMO. 

Edited by Carl3

19 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Not a close analogy, but it’s really a 50/50 call. If the RB took an extra step with control it should be a TD. If they thought he was still in the process of making a catch, then it’s incomplete. I’m not sure there was enough there to justify it being overturned. 

Huh? There’s no ‘if’ here. That’s 100% irrelevant. I’m talking about what actually happened, what he actually did. He never had complete possession of the ball. He hadn’t even taken a full two steps when the ball hit the ground, bobbled then back into his hands. Come on guys...your fandom is blinding you. The other play I mentioned is the screw job OSU got. Not this one.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

48 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I’m talking about what actually happened, what he actually did.

The refs thought he did when they scored it a TD to begin with. The rules for instant replay is there needs to be indisputable evidence to overturn a ruling. 

49 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

He hadn’t even taken a full two steps when the ball hit the ground,

Yet, taking two steps is considered a football move, which would be enough for a fumble. This means he had control during those two steps, and crossed the goal line. 

The way the incomplete pass works is if the player is catching the ball while jumping, or maybe they extended near out of bounds line and fall to the ground. If the RB took a few steps and the ball was stable (which is was), then he had possession and it should be a TD. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

This sure looks like a completion/fumble to me. I think OSU got hosed on this one. 

What the hell is wrong with copy/paste? Since last two iOS updates it’s not working for me. 

Edited by Vinsk

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

What the hell is wrong with copy/paste? Since last two iOS updates it’s not working for me. 

Works fine here. Not sure what you're doing.

FWIW I think that was and is a catch and a fumble.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Seems like a lot of experienced refs disagree with the fumble being overturned.

Shaw would not comment, but national officiating supervisor Rogers Redding agreed that the call should not have been overturned when contacted by CBS Sports on Monday. Shaw is set to replace Redding as national supervisor.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

14 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Seems like a lot of experienced refs disagree with the fumble being overturned.

Totally agree. What’s so bizarre is how different real speed looks to slow-mo. I see that in real time and think IP every time. But it looks so clear to me that he had possession in the slow-mo video. And this ‘ball movement’ crap? What are they talking about? He gets both hands on the ball, carries it like Dion Sanders, takes 2 1/2 steps before ball even starts to move and they call that an IP? 

So often ( especially in the NFL) the refs prematurely blow their whistles instead of letting a play run out then going over it. This  costs plenty of teams points. Yet here they actually let the play run then go and reverse the call? Just a mess really.

• Administrator

Was almost as bad a call as the one against the Steelers vs. the Patriots that led to the revisions of what a "catch" is in the NFL.

And worse than the Troy Polamalu interception against Indianapolis/Manning that was then ruled incomplete, and in doing so, the referee said "the player caught the ball and then…".

Okay, I've watched it again, and it's closer than I originally thought, but the college one is still worse.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

And worse than the Troy Polamalu interception against Indianapolis/Manning that was then ruled incomplete, and in doing so, the referee said "the player caught the ball and then…".

I remember that play now. I guess because in the NFL you are only down if by contact. In college, I think that would be an interception since he would have been down and the ball didn't come out due to contact with the ground. 

Heck, I think that maybe should have been an interception, fumble, and then recovered by Polamalu. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Heck, I think that maybe should have been an interception, fumble, and then recovered by Polamalu. 

That's what it was. The refs got it wrong. The ground didn't cause the fumble (or incompletion), or anything like that, either.

Utah learning about crossing into a better conference. They were considered as a possible #4 spot? Getting drilled by a 7-5 Big12 team. No one will/would give LSU a tough game. But aside from LSU, OSU and Clemson really the only choices there. OU dropped their pants for sure. But no Crap-12 team, independent team or any B1G team other than OSU has any game to really speak of. Clemson will get humiliated by LSU. OSU/LSU would’ve been a better game. But these Utah, Oregon, Minnesota, Wisconsin teams? Not a chance. 

Yea!!! Get wrecked Auburn!!! 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

22 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Yea!!! Get wrecked Auburn!!! 

Wow! Didn’t see that one coming. 

@David in FL. Another awful call by the refs. Boy they’re really shining in this bowl series!

13 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

@David in FL. Another awful call by the refs. Boy they’re really shining in this bowl series!

Yup.  Horrible.

Nonetheless, you can’t turn the ball over as often as we did and then blame the final outcome on one bad call.  

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

What's up with all the Participation Trophy Bowl games this year? 6-6 teams should be back home working on why they sucked.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 1557 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!