IGNORED

NCAA Football 2019

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 1530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Chart showing average recruiting rankings per year, 

top_talent_year.png

Overachieving teams... Clemson! They only show up in the top 10 from 2018 to 2020. Not sure how influential their Sophomores are this year, but it's not common to have a team who's recruiting doesn't have a few classes in the top 5 in recurring, 2-4 years before their NC run, actually make a NC run. 

Major underachievers... FSU, USC, Michigan.

LSU has been recruiting pretty well the past 6 years. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Chart showing average recruiting rankings per year, 

Recruiting rankings occur before the players play a game, right?

If so, that sounds pretty close to worthless to me.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yeah. Just beautiful. LSU cleaned house. ‘Lil ole Clemson’ got their pants dropped. JarJar Binks just couldn’t get it going against the SEC beast. Burrow started a bit clunky then got the scramble down and it was over. 

• Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator

Ruh roh.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

😳

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Nah. Won’t go anywhere.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

9 hours ago, iacas said:

Ruh roh.

8 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Nah. Won’t go anywhere.

If they were to hand out any punishments, it would likely only affect any players that chose to come back and play next season instead of going to the NFL draft right? Since the NCAA really can't do anything regarding suspension, eligibility, etc once a player has played their final game?

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

13 minutes ago, klineka said:

If they were to hand out any punishments, it would likely only affect any players that chose to come back and play next season instead of going to the NFL draft right? Since the NCAA really can't do anything regarding suspension, eligibility, etc once a player has played their final game?

Right. And I just don’t see them taking the effort to track down those who may have received any money who are returning.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Right. And I just don’t see them taking the effort to track down those who may have received any money who are returning.

This is the NCAA you're talking about, man. I've seen students get in trouble for accepting a free lunch. Heck, Tiger did, from Arnie.

942ec1e1-41dd-4937-bf6e-5840b2a85923-lar

Tiger Woods was a guest on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert Thursday night and spoke about his fond memories of the late Arnold Palmer.Woods spoke of a time when he was an amateur golfer and Palmer took him out...

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

This is the NCAA you're talking about, man. I've seen students get in trouble for accepting a free lunch. Heck, Tiger did, from Arnie.

Tiger Woods was a guest on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert Thursday night and spoke about his fond memories of the late Arnold Palmer.Woods spoke of a time when he was an amateur golfer and Palmer took him out...

Back then, when Woods was at Stanford, $25 would buy you a pretty good pair of lunches!  Especially considering there were probably no adult beverages on the tab.  Wasn't Arnie a teetotaler?  And Woods was too young to drink.

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Tiger Woods was a guest on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert Thursday night and spoke about...

That’s ‘trouble’? A pretty tight ship you must run..lol. It’ll blow over with minimal activity.

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

That’s ‘trouble’? A pretty tight ship you must run..lol. It’ll blow over with minimal activity.

That's not the "trouble" I was talking about.

I could see any of the players who are still on the team next year being suspended 2-3 games to start the season next year.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

AgEXQS1hYjRza1oxVFdpVGs2bDFHVVdaVncAMA

On Monday night, the LSU Tigers took home their first national title since 2007 with a victory over the reigning...

Like I said.....

11 minutes ago, Vinsk said:
AgEXQS1hYjRza1oxVFdpVGs2bDFHVVdaVncAMA

On Monday night, the LSU Tigers took home their first national title since 2007 with a victory over the reigning...

Like I said.....

Celebration has nothing to do with it. If that was the case then booster would exploit that till the NCAA stopped it. 

The biggest DUH! in the article is that the players who accepted it are leaving. So it is obvious they would see no punishment. They are not part of the NCAA anymore. 

If a freshman or sophomore took money, I would think they would get a couple game suspension. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

30 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Celebration has nothing to do with it. If that was the case then booster would exploit that till the NCAA stopped it. 

The biggest DUH! in the article is that the players who accepted it are leaving. So it is obvious they would see no punishment. They are not part of the NCAA anymore. 

If a freshman or sophomore took money, I would think they would get a couple game suspension. 

Yeah that’s why I said it would blow over. Nobody is going to take the time to watch the film over and over and/or interview witnesses for something like this. It’s done. 

10 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Yeah that’s why I said it would blow over. Nobody is going to take the time to watch the film over and over and/or interview witnesses for something like this. It’s done. 

The NCAA will. They have investigated for things way less trivial than this. 

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

The NCAA will. They have investigated for things way less trivial than this. 

Nobody said they would definitely face punishment @Vinsk. Only that lighter infractions have been punished if the kid isn’t a senior/leaving school.

Note: This thread is 1530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!