IGNORED

NCAA Football 2019

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 1520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Poor MI won’t stand a chance.

I agree.   People are calling for Harbaugh's head.  They will be lucky to get to 7-7.    All of this talk is interesting.    I believe that OSU, Wisconsin and Penn State are the real deal.   LSU and Alabama are very good.   OU and Clemson are very good.    It will be interesting to see how this plays out.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

I am no college football fan, but didn't ND just barely get by an unranked USC?

Rivalry game at USC. No shame in holding on against a surging 4th quarter try by probably a still very talented USC team who found some motivation against a Rival. 

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

The OSU v. Wisconsin debate will be settled on October 26 in Columbus, and then revisited on December 7 in Indianapolis.

Just like OU will (should) get another chance to play Texas in Dallas, this time at Jerry's World on December 7
- playing a Conf Championshp game in a conf where they play a full round robin schedule is baffling (but about money & impressing the committee)

The season finally starts to get interesting

Players play, tough players win!

All of this is exactly why we need an 8 team playoff...

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

15 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Everything has to be considered when judging these teams. 

Like how dominant both OSU and Wisconsin's defenses have been to start this season? 

OSU has given up 10 points or less in 5 out of their 6 games.

Wisconsin has more shutouts (4) than they do games where they allowed points (2) and they've only given up 29 points all season.

After the games yesterday, Wisconsin is #1 and OSU is #2 in the country in total defense (total yards allowed)

Clemson is #3, Penn State is #4, Iowa is #5, so the Big Ten has 4 of the top 5 defenses in the country in terms of yards allowed/avg yards allowed per game.

There are 8 Big Ten defenses ranked higher than both Alabama (36) and Oklahoma (41) who is even below Cincinnati (38)

If you're going to give Oklahoma credit for their defense finally showing up in week 7, make sure you give credit to other teams who are clearly superior defensively and who have dominated defensively all season.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :tmade: TP5x

15 minutes ago, klineka said:

Like how dominant both OSU and Wisconsin's defenses have been to start this season? 

OSU has given up 10 points or less in 5 out of their 6 games.

Right ....against Fl Atlantic ( who?) Miami-Ohio ( who?). Come on man...you’re giving credit because their defense was dominant against ...Florida Atlantic? Miami-OH? MSU has no offense...zero. OU embarrassed OSU last season with a worse defense. I don’t give credit to OU for putting up big numbers on SD or Houston. This is classic Big10 mentality. Texas was ranked #11 and is by no means a cupcake. Houston, UCLA and SD are cupcakes. So is Rutgers, Miami-OH, Northwestern, Indiana. Holding off cupcakes to low yardage means nothing. 
Cincinnati beats UCF and all of a sudden people wanna call Cincinnati a powerhouse. So is SC a powerhouse now?

There’s a reason for OSU’s record against the SEC in bowl games....top to bottom the SEC obliterates the Big 10. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Bill Connelly’s top 10 S/P+

07AF6FF0-7D77-40CE-8694-BDF48224A7C7.png

Bill likes PSU, OU is ranked 3rd, Clemson rightfully is dropping as the rankings weighting is more now with this season and less the preseason weighting. 

Here is the conference rankings 

F9E65695-8FC4-4AF6-849C-2DF06EDE7639.png

The B10, B12, and SEC are the three top conferences. 

the B10 East and SEC west are monsters. 

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

There’s a reason for OSU’s record against the SEC in bowl games....top to bottom the SEC obliterates the Big 10. 

You mean when OSU wrecked Alabama in the college football playoff? That’s the most recent game. If you want to go back to 2012 when they last lost to an SEC team then go ahead. That game they had an intern head coach.

come on man. Spot spouting this nonsense. The stats are showing the B10 is as good as any conference. I’ve posted OSU’s SOS is just as good as any in the top 10. I have stats to prove it. You have weak claims. Your sounding more and more like the people who can’t believe that the best way to improve your golf game is by working on your short game and putting.  

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

• Administrator

I know nothing about college football but it’s not looking good for your arguments @Vinsk.

OSU still has to win the games in front of them but you seem to be talking about old games from previous years, which are pretty irrelevant in college football.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Bill Connelly’s top 10 S/P+

07AF6FF0-7D77-40CE-8694-BDF48224A7C7.png

Bill likes PSU, OU is ranked 3rd, Clemson rightfully is dropping as the rankings weighting is more now with this season and less the preseason weighting. 

Here is the conference rankings 

F9E65695-8FC4-4AF6-849C-2DF06EDE7639.png

The B10, B12, and SEC are the three top conferences. 

the B10 East and SEC west are monsters. 

You mean when OSU wrecked Alabama in the college football playoff? That’s the most recent game. If you want to go back to 2012 when they last lost to an SEC team then go ahead. That game they had an intern head coach.

come on man. Spot spouting this nonsense. The stats are showing the B10 is as good as any conference. I’ve posted OSU’s SOS is just as good as any in the top 10. I have stats to prove it. You have weak claims. Your sounding more and more like the people who can’t believe that the best way to improve your golf game is by working on your short game and putting.  

Most recent...ok...OU/OSU...how’d that turn out? Nonsense? OSU is 2-10 against SEC but you go by their latest win...yeah ok. I’ve clearly admitted OU played cupcakes ..you can’t get yourself to admit the same for OSU. Weak claims? 
1. OSU has a dismal record against SEC in bowl games. Fact.

2. Miami-OH, Rutgers, Fl-Atlantic, Northwestern are cupcakes. Fact.

3. OSU was touted as usual last season and the season before that and were humiliated by Iowa, Purdue. Fact.

4. OSU’s best win this season is against the unranked MSU. Fact.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

21 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Holding off cupcakes to low yardage means nothing.  

What about giving up a lot of points to cupcakes? Does that mean anything? Oklahoma gave up more points in their very first game to a cupcake (31 to Houston) than Wisconsin has given up through 6 entire games...

21 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

OU embarrassed OSU last season with a worse defense.

And OSU embarrased OU in 2016 by 3 touchdowns... But that is irrelevant when comparing teams' performances and rankings so far this season...

15 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

This. 

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

I know nothing about college football but it’s not looking good for your arguments @Vinsk.

OSU still has to win the games in front of them but you seem to be talking about old games from previous years, which are pretty irrelevant in college football.

They base their starting ranks on the previous season and take into account players lost, staying, coaching changes. OU humiliated OSU in their own field. OSU was ranked behind ( obviously) OU but now they have been moved up why? For beating  unranked MSU and Cincinnati. OU just beat #11 ranked Texas. That win would be hailed as glorious had OSU pulled it off. But no...it’s  Big12 team so let’s bring it down. Both OU and OSU have played cupcakes. Period. But OU has a win over a top 11 team, biggest rival and an away game. OSU doesn’t have a win like that.

Here's what the real experts say about the national championship, and final rankings. . .

• ALABAMA. 
  • CLEMSON. 
  • GEORGIA..
  • OHIO STATE.
  • LSU. 
  • OKLAHOMA.
  • WISCONSIN.
  • AUBURN

Vegas sports books can't afford to be wrong.........lol

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

6 minutes ago, Patch said:

Here's what the real experts say about the national championship, and final rankings. . .

• ALABAMA. 
  • CLEMSON. 
  • GEORGIA..
  • OHIO STATE.
  • LSU. 
  • OKLAHOMA.
  • WISCONSIN.
  • AUBURN
  •  
  • Vegas sports books can't afford to be wrong.........lol

Ohio State would beat Georgia and Clemson.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Most recent...ok...OU/OSU...how’d that turn out? Nonsense? OSU is 2-10 against SEC but you go by their latest win...yeah ok. I’ve clearly admitted OU played cupcakes ..you can’t get yourself to admit the same for OSU. Weak claims? 

3. OSU was touted as usual last season and the season before that and were humiliated by Iowa, Purdue. Fact.

I was told OSU has now beaten two ranked teams.

2-10 is about as relevant to the current season's rankings as your golf game is. Cripes, who cares about stuff that happened years ago?

10 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

They base their starting ranks on the previous season and take into account players lost, staying, coaching changes.

It's my understanding that stuff doesn't matter much after a few games have been played.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

OU humiliated OSU in their own field

OSU 45 v OU 24 in 2016

OSU 16 v OU 35 in 2017

looks like a push to me. Both teams won by 21 points at their opponents house. 

13 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

For beating  unranked MSU and Cincinnati. OU just beat #11 ranked Texas. That win would be hailed as glorious had OSU pulled it off. But no...it’s  Big12 team so let’s bring it down. Both OU and OSU have played cupcakes. Period. But OU has a win over a top 11 team, biggest rival and an away game. OSU doesn’t have a win like that.

You keep glossing over that OSUs point differential is absurd. 

i will admit MSU doesn’t look impressive. Cincinnati is a top 25 team. The advanced stats show that OSU’s schedule matches with the top 10. I’ve pointed this out and you ignore it. 

here is updated sagarin ratings. OSU still has the 2nd best SOS of the top 10! And they had a bye week!

0CA81FC6-7C97-42DF-AD23-55B9FF818545.png

All you have spouted is your opinion which sounds like it’s based on nothing more than results from over two decades ago! 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

26 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Irrelevant to this years performance and rankings.

Nobody has said otherwise. But OSU and Wisconsin have both been more dominate in their cupcake games than Oklahoma has. Fact.

Has nothing to do with this season.

Pick a side. Either talk about the teams current rankings, or the rankings at the time the games were played. Because if you are talking about current rankings, OSU's best win is actually the 42-0 blowout against #25 Cincinnati.

That's a better win than Alabama or Clemson have.

The facts don't lie. The Big Ten is one of the strongest conferences in the country and there's a pretty strong chance they will have a team in the college football playoff. You have presented very little evidence that suggests otherwise.

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

I was told OSU has now beaten two ranked teams.

Depends on if you look at the rankings when the games were played or the current rankings of those teams. Michigan State was ranked when OSU beat them but is no longer ranked, and Cincinnati was not ranked when OSU beat them but is now ranked.

Edited by klineka

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

It's my understanding that stuff doesn't matter much after a few games have been played.

Depends on the system. SP+ takes about half the season to have most of the preseason weighting get taken out. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

1 minute ago, iacas said:

was told OSU has now beaten two ranked teams.

MSU was ranked #24. Now they’re not at all after losing big to Wisconsin. Cincinnati is #25. It’s a big deal when you beat a ranked team ...but the higher the ranked team of course the better. Also...squeaking by an unranked team is usually a significant blow...yet Clemson only dropped one spot. Hell OU and OKSt have dropped spots for winning before.

I can’t compete with @klineka or @saevel25 when it comes to stats, no chance. This is why I’m looking at the trends, history and overall power ranking. OSU has not had a major win this season. OU has one. No sense in juggling around each other’s cupcakes. That’s pointless. OSU will get its chance. We’ll see how they do but their record shows ...it won’t pan out to good for them.

Note: This thread is 1520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!