IGNORED

NCAA Football 2019

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 1556 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

31 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Well that was a dominant win in horrible weather. Wisconsin couldn’t do anything at all on offense. I was a bit concerned with their O-Line, but they didn’t show up at all. 

Yeah Wisconsin just got too much hype for a defense that’s been against powderpuff offenses. They finally play a power team and look liked a high school team...meanwhile OU dropped their pants to K State. It’s over and done for them.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is why college football is so exciting.   OU got beat by an unranked,  that team down south looks to be the real deal,  Minnesota is still undefeated although they haven't played anybody.    LSU and Auburn tied at half and Penn State running wild on Michigan State.      Does APPALACHIAN STATE ever have a bad year?

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

34 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

This is why college football is so exciting.   OU got beat by an unranked,  that team down south looks to be the real deal,  Minnesota is still undefeated although they haven't played anybody.    LSU and Auburn tied at half and Penn State running wild on Michigan State.      Does APPALACHIAN STATE ever have a bad year?

Lol....yeah it’s the best..always action packed. Once again though I gotta say...watching LSU/Auburn..just a different level than what I saw with OSU/Wisconsin. It’ll ruffle feathers but OSU is gonna win out. Unfortunately I believe when they finally play Alabama/LSU/Clemson...they’ll be utterly humiliated. OU the best offense in the country but you can’t be a NC with such a wishy washy defense. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Bill Connelly had a hilarious, but maybe somewhat true, take on why MSU has a horrible offense.  If he fields an offense that works then it would beat his defense in practice thus devaluing the defensive system he prides himself on the most. :-P

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

(edited)

@saevel25....So what are you thinking? I just don’t see PSU or MICH having much of a chance. I mean flukes happen..we see at least on major one every season. But my thought is if Wisconsin lost (Illinois) as a fluke, they still got whipped pretty solid by OSU. If they really weren’t that great a team...they still got whipped pretty good. I just don’t think PSU has done anything too impressive. Wisconsin’s defense isn’t a joke. Pretty good really..up in til they faced one of the best offenses. 
OSU has Wisconsin under their belt and PSU really only has Mich who remain to be questionable. I see OSU beating PSU by 14-21 points.

Rivalry games are a different animal but I don’t see MICH having the team this year to beat OSU...as usual. So what are you thinking? 

Edited by Vinsk

Chase Young for Heisman, 

GettyImages-1184034036-e1572374113993.jp

The most dominant college football player on one of the nation’s best teams is a 6-foot-5, 265-pound defensive end. Although the Heisman Trophy is...

This is a bit absurd. 

image.png

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

13 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Chase Young for Heisman, 

The most dominant college football player on one of the nation’s best teams is a 6-foot-5, 265-pound defensive end. Although the Heisman Trophy is...

This is a bit absurd. 

image.png

He is very very impressive.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

32 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Chase Young for Heisman, 

This is a bit absurd. 

image.png

I don't think he will win the Heisman even though he very well might be the best player in college football this season, just like how the most valuable player to their team in the NBA doesn't always win the MVP award.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

3 minutes ago, klineka said:

I don't think he will win the Heisman even though he very well might be the best player in college football this season, just like how the most valuable player to their team in the NBA doesn't always win the MVP award.

Probably not. His stats are impressive but won’t get tons of miracle praise having achieved them through the likes of NW, Miami, FAU, Indiana, Maryland, Rutgers. I hope he shows his dominance in the PSU and Mich games. Be cool to see a DB win a Heisman. 

6 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Probably not. His stats are impressive but won’t get tons of miracle praise having achieved them through the likes of NW, Miami, FAU, Indiana, Maryland, Rutgers. I hope he shows his dominance in the PSU and Mich games. Be cool to see a DB win a Heisman. 

Can we stop with they have played a horrible schedule narrative. Stop looking at names, they don't matter.  Let's go over a few ratings. 

Sagarin (use to be used in the BCS system). OSU has the best SOS Rank (20th) of the top 8. 

image.png

Bill Connelly has the following as conference rankings, 

SEC - 12.2 Avg SP+
Big 10 - 11.5 
Big 12 - 10.4
Pac 12 - 7.1

If you break it down by divisions 
SEC West - 14.6
Big 10 East - 14.0
Big 12 (Total) - 10.4 *They don't have divisions
SEC East - 9.8
Big Ten West - 9.0
Pac 12 North - 7.9

OSU Plays in one of the toughest conferences this year. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

13 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Can we stop with they have played a horrible schedule narrative. Stop looking at names, they don't matter.  Let's go over a few ratings. 

Sagarin (use to be used in the BCS system). OSU has the best SOS Rank (20th) of the top 8. 

image.png

Bill Connelly has the following as conference rankings, 

SEC - 12.2 Avg SP+
Big 10 - 11.5 
Big 12 - 10.4
Pac 12 - 7.1

If you break it down by divisions 
SEC West - 14.6
Big 10 East - 14.0
Big 12 (Total) - 10.4 *They don't have divisions
SEC East - 9.8
Big Ten West - 9.0
Pac 12 North - 7.9

OSU Plays in one of the toughest conferences this year. 

Because @saevel25 it’s not just about numbers. It’s atmosphere, field, history, attitude, tradition, heart, fear. Your plugging numbers to make it complicated so the teams I listed appear to be worthy opponents. THEY’RE NOT. You can spin your numbers all you want. Look at who LSU has played. Florida, ND. Who has Minnesota played? See...you don’t care because they’re undefeated so you’ll spin some numbers around showing how they’re dominating. Dominating what? You can’t compare a dog from the Big10 to a dog from the Big12. 
None of your numbers are gonna show that FAU, Indiana, Maryland, Rutgers, NW are worthy opponents. They’re not. Period. They’re cupcakes man...come on. Every conference has them. OSU has played one good team so far and that team showed a vulnerability by losing to the cupcake of Illinois. Face it. Let it go. OSU hasn’t done anything near what LSU has to date. 

I’ve given credit to OSU where it’s due. They’ve dominated their cupcakes and beat a decent Wisconsin team. Numbers don’t change this. Everyone knows this is true. 

We’ll see how well the numbers hold up when OSU faces LSU, ALABAMA or Clemson. Only then will we have an idea. All those numbers mean nothing.

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Because @saevel25 it’s not just about numbers. It’s atmosphere, field, history, attitude, tradition, heart, fear. Your plugging numbers to make it complicated so the teams I listed appear to be worthy opponents. THEY’RE NOT.

Stereotypes from a decade ago, heck stereotypes from 3 years ago don't matter at all. They are just weak talking points.

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Who has Minnesota played? See...you don’t care because they’re undefeated so you’ll spin some numbers around showing how they’re dominating. Dominating what? You can’t compare a dog from the Big10 to a dog from the Big12. 

Lets look Minnesota. Ranked 25th by Sagarin, with an 82th SOS. they haven't dominated anyone, and they have skirted by. I will not claim they have dominated anyone because they are undefeated. 

I am talking about numbers here. When you compare the conferences, the Big Ten West and the Big Ten East are just a small (very small) step behind the SEC west and the SEC east. Here is a nice bubble chart showing the teams distributed across Bill Connelly's SP+ rankings, by conference. Nearly half of the Big 10 is above 70% of the Big 12. 

image.png

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

They’re cupcakes man...come on. Every conference has them. OSU has played one good team so far and that team showed a vulnerability by losing to the cupcake of Illinois. Face it. Let it go. OSU hasn’t done anything near what LSU has to date. 

Again you just bring nothing to this at all. You bring what you think is a correct answer because it's what you were trained to say by years bias.  

Yes, OSU has done better than LSU has. I'll put it this way. The teams LSU has faced are not 17 points better than the teams OSU has faced. 17 points is the scoring margin difference OSU has over LSU. 

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

We’ll see how well the numbers hold up when OSU faces LSU, ALABAMA or Clemson. Only then will we have an idea. All those numbers mean nothing.

Sure they do, they give you and idea of how teams should fair against each other. Bill Connelly's work is decently predictive. Of course with any stat, a team can absolutely come out flat. ND is not 30 points worse than Michigan, but they decided to play that way that particular evening. To claim that one game should define a team is idiotic. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

(edited)
16 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Yes, OSU has done better than LSU has.

No they haven’t. Beating a cupcake by 100pts is not a better win than beating a top 10 team by 7. That’s classic Big10 talk.  LSU has beaten 3 top ten teams and plays #2 Saturday. OSU has beaten Wisconsin who lost to Illinois. Let me guess, your numbers show Maryland to be a tougher Match than Alabama? That’ll make four top ten teams that LSU has played ...OSU? Zero. Come on man...even in golf you can look at numbers and see some nobody as the most accurate driver or best putter, best GIR. But it doesn’t mean if Kuchar beats Joe Blow with good numbers it’s a better win than someone beating Koepka.

Why do you think UCF wasn’t voted for the playoffs last two seasons? Hell they were 13-0! So why weren’t they ranked number one? 

16 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

The teams LSU has faced are not 17 points better than the teams OSU has faced.

Lol! Come on man! Florida, Texas, Auburn vs FAU, Indiana, Miami? I’m done ...OSU will get humiliated in the Playoffs.

Edited by Vinsk

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Let me guess, your numbers show Maryland to be a tougher Match than Alabama?

Nobody said that. But since you brought up Alabama, it's worth noting through 8 games, they only have 1 win against a power 5 school with a winning record. That's pathetic. You would be roasting Ohio State and stating they don't deserve their ranking spot if that were OSU with that weak of a schedule instead of Alabama

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

OSU will get humiliated in the Playoffs.

What are you basing this claim on? It can't be based on their performance thus far this season because there has been absolutely nothing about their performance this season that suggests what you said will actually happen.

1 minute ago, klineka said:

You would be roasting Ohio State and stating they don't deserve their ranking spot if that were OSU with that weak of a schedule i

Wrong. Alabama has had a joke of a schedule. But Alabama has risen to the occasion many, many times. They don’t lose to an unranked team in November then pout about not being selected for the Play offs. 
Hypocrisy? Yeah Urban Myer displayed that beautifully when he said ‘ if you don’t win your conference you don’t deserve to play for the NC.’ Lo and behold when OSU didn’t win their conference...who was bitching first and forefront his team should advance to the play offs? 

6 minutes ago, klineka said:

What are you basing this claim on?

I’m a football fan. I’ve stated clearly that Alabama has had a silly schedule. I’ve stated OU doesn’t deserve a play off spot after losing to KSU and a wishy washy defense. I’ve stated OSU is a damn good team. You guys have repeatedly tried to hype every win by OSU despite every one In the country outside the B1G knowing there are cupcakes being had for lunch. Nobody cares about blowing out 1-4 teams. 
What do I base it on? OSU hasn’t faced a truly powerhouse team yet. Last year they were hyped up too. The numbers showed they were a beast of a team. OU humiliated them. The same way Wisconsin got all this talk then a fluke happened. Ok...one free pass. Then they played OSU, a true powerhouse team, and what happened? Disaster. Do you honestly think Minnesota can beat OSU? Not a chance. Zero. Why? Because they haven’t faced the speed or power of a team like OSU. And OSU hasn’t faced an offense like OU, Alabama, LSU, Clemson. 
It’s all in fun rivalry guys. I’m a Big12 fan mostly but I was born in Louisiana. I’m an OkSt alumni. I think OSU is far above any other team in the B1G. I don’t think they’ll fair well against the top SEC teams or Clemson though.

26 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I don’t think they’ll fair well against the top SEC teams or Clemson though.

The college football playoff committee disagrees with you :whistle:

17 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Wrong. Alabama has had a joke of a schedule. But Alabama has risen to the occasion many, many times. They don’t lose to an unranked team in November then pout about not being selected for the Play offs. 
Hypocrisy? Yeah Urban Myer displayed that beautifully when he said ‘ if you don’t win your conference you don’t deserve to play for the NC.’ Lo and behold when OSU didn’t win their conference...who was bitching first and forefront his team should advance to the play offs?

Urban's was doing his due diligence as a HC by trying to make his cause for being in the playoff. Should his team have won, sure, but they didn't. I am the first to say that if two teams have a loss it should go to quality of the loss and SOS. I hold this to be true for OSU.

24 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Nobody cares about blowing out 1-4 teams. 

Beat a 6-3 team by 24
Beat a 7-1 team by 42
Beat a 7-2 team by 41
Beat a 4-4 team by 71
Beat a 4-5 team by 47
beat a 4-4 team by 24
Beat a 1-7 team by 49
Beat a 6-2 team by 31

They have only played one team with only one loss.  

32 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

And OSU hasn’t faced an offense like OU, Alabama, LSU, Clemson. 

None of them have faced a team like OSU. Who in their schedule do you think matches up with OSU. You make it sound like these teams have faced anyone of OSU's caliber. 

Oh, OSU is the only team that currently has a top 5 offense and defense in many metrics. I think the OSU defense faces an offense like them each week in practice. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 1556 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!