IGNORED

NCAA Football 2019

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 1550 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

#1 OSU
#2 LSU
#3 Clemson
#4 OU

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

And IMO only, my opinion, this means there are no spreadsheets or graphs, LSU is considerably better than OSU especially after watching LSU handle Georgia compared to OSU/Wisconsin.

Yes OSU struggled in the first half, but they dominated the second half. They have played Wisconsin (ranks 6th nationally in offensive efficiency) twice this season and held them to a total of 28 points, and held Jonathan Taylor (some consider to be the best RB in the country) to 200 rushing yards and 1 rushing TD over two full games when he has averaged 146 ypg and 1.6 rushing TDs per game this season.

I think their offenses are about equal (OSU team offensive efficiency is 95.9, and LSU's is 96.3) but I give the edge to OSU on defense (90.2 defensive efficiency rating compare to LSU at 76.8). 

Holding Georgia to 10 points is a bit misleading because Georgia was missing multiple of their top receivers due to injuries, suspension for the first half, etc so that receiver core that Fromm had to throw to yesterday simply wasnt good enough to keep up with LSU's scoring. OSU's offense is significantly better than what Georgia had out there yesterday.

LSU gave up 38 to Vanderbilt (ranked 106th in offensive efficiency) and 37 to OleMiss (62nd in offensive efficiency)

OSU gave up more than 21 points just one time the entire season, and never gave up more than 30, LSU gave up more than 21 points 5 times and more than 30 points 4 times.

Even if you think that LSU's offense is better than OSU's (which it might be but only ever so slightly IMO) I dont think the gap between the offenses is wide enough for LSU make up for the gap that exists between the defenses which is why I think OSU should be slightly ahead of LSU.

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

52 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

#1 OSU
#2 LSU
#3 Clemson
#4 OU

Lol. Yeah no. LSU clearly ahead of OSU...come on. Now, here’s a copy and paste:

Is Ohio State No. 1? Answer: Nope. That's no knock on the Buckeyes, but their game Saturday showed flaws we hadn't seen before. It showed strengths, too, to come back and erase that Wisconsin lead to pull away with what was ultimately a fairly easy win. Still, this is nitpicking time, and comparing the résumés of Ohio State and LSU requires a magnifying glass to parse. The slow start against Wisconsin is enough to push LSU -- with its wins over Texas, Florida, Auburn, Alabama and Georgia -- into the top spot.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

4 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Lol. Yeah no. LSU clearly ahead of OSU

This doesn't jive with this, 

Still, this is nitpicking time, and comparing the résumés of Ohio State and LSU requires a magnifying glass to parse.

Your evidence, which is just an opinion doesn't support your claim. 

So don't upsell the comments of who ever you are quoting. 

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

7 minutes ago, klineka said:

OSU gave up more than 21 points just one time the entire season, and never gave up more than 30,

They also played NOBODY the whole year.

2 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

They also played NOBODY the whole year.

Just saying... 

I think beating 5 teams in the top 20% of college football is pretty good. 

Also, Bill Connelly made a good point. What benefit did Oregon get by getting beat by Auburn early in the season? What if they played someone easier and won. They would have a good claim to be the #4 team over OU. 

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

5 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

This doesn't jive with this, 

Your evidence, which is just an opinion doesn't support your claim. 

So don't upsell the comments of who ever you are quoting. 

The evidence? You honestly think OSU’s performance against a lower ranked team both offense and defense was better than LSU’s against Georgia? You can’t be serious. And your ‘top 25 teams beaten’ will change with new rankings. Cincinnati no longer ranked and Wisconsin will drop quite far down. LSU has better wins. Period. If OSU had the wins that LSU has you’d be bold type posting that all over the place. LSU clearly out performed OSU this weekend. Wisconsin is an inferior team to Georgia. That’s just fact. OSU struggled for half the game. That’s important. LSU dominated the #4 ranked team. You’re just being ridiculous now. I’ve given credit to OSU repeatedly abut you guys just can’t see clearly with your bias to OSU. 

2 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I hope you’re not counting Cincinnati. LSU has beaten 2 top 5 teams. How many has OSU? Let’s keep it real.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

6 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Just saying... 

Also, Bill Connelly made a good point. What benefit did Oregon get by getting beat by Auburn early in the season? What if they played someone easier and won. They would have a good claim to be the #4 team over OU. 

The thing is, those celebrated wins you're claiming are against teams that don't even deserve that moniker.  You're getting excited about OSU achieving things over lesser competition.  It's like saying you're MVP of your basketball team when you only played against middle schoolers. 

It would be different if OSU played in the SEC West for instance.  

Just now, Vinsk said:

The evidence? You honestly think OSU’s performance against a lower ranked team both offense and defense was better than LSU’s against Georgia?

Why did yo draw that conclusion. Absolutely LSU's win over Georgia was more impressive than OSU's win over Wisconsin. Since you already want to disregard stats, since you can't stand them, then there is no point in showing you that the margin of victory for OSU over their 5 top 25 wins is significantly more than LSU's over their top 25 wins. Just a fact.

3 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Cincinnati no longer ranked and Wisconsin will drop quite far down.

You don't know that. Do you have a crystal ball. Also, you can't use hindsight to validate your claim that has no evidence to support it. 

3 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

LSU has better wins. Period.

If you consider just wins, sure. If you consider margin of victory, then OSU was more dominant. 

Wisconsin is an inferior team to Georgia. That’s just fact.

I'd go with Georgia by 5 points on a neutral field. Georgia is a 5-10th ranked team. Wisconsin is a 10-15th ranked team. That's about 3-6 points.

10 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

OSU struggled for half the game. That’s important.

Then they dominated for the remainder of the game. That is also important. 

2 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

The thing is, those celebrated wins you're claiming are against teams that don't even deserve that moniker.  You're getting excited about OSU achieving things over lesser competition.  It's like saying you're MVP of your basketball team when you only played against middle schoolers. 

It would be different if OSU played in the SEC West for instance.  

I'm not claiming that OSU would have the same amount of dominance in the SEC as they would in the B10. They would have just as good as shot at being undefeated as LSU has. If you go down LSU's schedule, the only team who would give OSU a game for 4 quarters is Alabama. I am sure that LSU would be undefeated against OSU's schedule. 

No, I am very realistic about where OSU is at in the grand scheme of things. I am not claiming they are worlds better than LSU. On a neutral field I think it would be OSU by 3 points. Vegas might make it 4-6 points. 

Unless you have a way to quantify the definition of lesser and compare it to how well OSU has performed then the claim that its like playing against middle schoolers is a bit of an outrageous claim. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

The margin between the Tigers and Buckeyes had to be thin heading into Championship Weekend. Coming out, the decision is close but clear: LSU belongs on top.

Stack the dominating win over the Bulldogs on top of victories at Alabama and at home over Florida and Auburn. Throw in a road win over Texas early and an annihilation of Texas A&M late.

Ohio State’s resume is quite good—two wins over Wisconsin, plus one each over Michigan and Penn State. The second-tier wins are wipeouts of Cincinnati and Indiana. It’s a narrow call—but a critical call.

By the committee’s own rankings, this tilts toward purple and gold.

Georgia came into the weekend ranked ahead of Wisconsin. Florida was ranked ahead of Penn State. Auburn and Alabama were ranked ahead of Michigan.

And if the final look test matters, LSU was far more impressive Saturday.

What LSU did to the Bulldogs was arguably the most impressive victory any team has had all season. The Tigers shredded a top-five defense for the most points and total yards (483) allowed by Georgia since 2017. They never trailed, and led by double digits for the entire final three quarters.

Ohio State, meanwhile, was playing from behind for nearly three full quarters in Indianapolis. The Buckeyes showed their mettle and talent in the second half, but they were on the ropes in a manner which LSU has never experienced all season.

Most experts agree with this. Your arguments for OSU are starting to fade..... You keep wanting to compare apples and oranges. You don’t get it. Nobody cares how much OSU beat their mediocre teams compared to another team’s mediocre wins. 

I don’t know that Cincinnati won’t be ranked? They just lost twice in a row to Memphis. Geesh...come on man.

‘ Ya graspin straws Reager!’

• Administrator

@Vinsk, I’ll delete your posts if you keep posting them in 36 point fonts. Paste as plain text please. We’re not all blind like you seem to be. 🙂

My only other point is this: it’s high time the two of you just made a wager and then let it play out.

So do that.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

@Vinsk, I’ll delete your posts if you keep posting them in 36 point fonts. Paste as plain text please. We’re not all blind like you seem to be. 🙂

My only other point is this: it’s high time the two of you just made a wager and then let it play out.

So do that.

Sorry Erik..I’m having issues with my phone. Copy..then when I go to paste it selects previous text I’ve written and I can’t seem to edit it once it happens.

Regardless of the poor quality of my posts the content is straightforward. LSU is the number one team. I’ve got a crisp hundee that Clemson or LSU will beat OSU. 

• Administrator

Your posts are almost entirely opinion.

They always have been.

Matt, there’s the wager. Be a man and take it.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

Your posts are almost entirely opinion.

They always have been.

Matt, there’s the wager. Be a man and take it.

Erik my last post with the bolded text Is not opinion and quite important. You wouldn’t side with me regardless of what I post. Those are solid facts coming into this past Saturday and Matt is still hashing up stats from games a month ago. 
It’s down to the wire now. Ranked wins and recent performance is what matters. Not whether Cincinnati is still ranked. 

It will be interesting to see OSU/Clemson. It will be the first team Clemson has faced all season. They better be ready.....

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Erik my last post with the bolded text Is not opinion and quite important. You wouldn’t side with me regardless of what I post. Those are solid facts coming into this past Saturday and Matt is still hashing up stats from games a month ago. 
It’s down to the wire now. Ranked wins and recent performance is what matters. Not whether Cincinnati is still ranked. 

The only part of your last post that wasn't opinion was the rankings (by a few places, as I understand things). "Impressive" is an opinion, and that's what the bold underlined text hinges upon.

I don't really care, and honestly, I like to root against teams that other people around me are rooting for, so I'm inclined to root against OSU. But Matt and Kevin have presented facts, and you just keep saying opinions.

7 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Ranked wins and recent performance is what matters.

Well that's rich coming from you since early in this topic I was the one saying that what a team did years ago didn't matter, and you were the one arguing about how much historical stuff mattered. Ha ha ha. C'mon now…

Don't respond, please… I legitimately don't care. I just think you've presented some really bad arguments, and what you should be taking from my posts is that you should improve your arguments, not that you should continue to argue with me. I'm mostly a third-party observer. I don't know anything about college football, but if I did, I'd be siding with OSU right now because Matt/Kevin have continued to make better arguments (that suit my fact-favoring brain) over your "But OSU sucks against the SEC in title games… remember that game in 2004?" crap. (And 2004 I made up, I don't know when who did what in college football.)

Just make better arguments.

27 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I’ve got a crisp hundee that Clemson or LSU will beat OSU. 

I’ll give you one game, either LSU or Clemson who ever faces OSU first. Straight up for 100. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

FWIW, Mary Hardin -Baylor would wipe the floor with either OSU or LSU because they have a hyphen in their name. You got to have a hyphen!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 1550 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!