Jump to content

12 posts / 2669 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

I am an instrument rated private pilot with a high performace endorsement. 

Any other private pilots in this forum? I hope so. 

Retired Old Man 

ThisPhoto.JPG

And,,,,,,,why you shouldn't fly a Commanche over an Apache Reservation. 

 

commanche.JPG

Edited by RetiredOldMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

On 10/14/2019 at 3:25 PM, RetiredOldMan said:

I am an instrument rated private pilot with a high performace endorsement. 

Any other private pilots in this forum? I hope so. 

Retired Old Man 

ThisPhoto.JPG

And,,,,,,,why you shouldn't fly a Commanche over an Apache Reservation. 

 

commanche.JPG

Yes, I got my private pilot licence in Germany, Motor and gliding licence. Only rated VFR though.

What it about the Commanche? Why are there so many arrows in the undercariage?! Or is it art?`

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Acemyass said:

What it about the Commanche? Why are there so many arrows in the undercariage?! Or is it art?`

It's a joke. The Comanche tribe of Native Americans drove the Apache from their native lands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 minutes ago, billchao said:

It's a joke. The Comanche tribe of Native Americans drove the Apache from their native lands.

Ah I see. Didn't know that. Thanks for clearing things up for the unknowing! :-D Something learned.

Edited by Acemyass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Acemyass said:

Ah I see. Didn't know that. Thanks for clearing things up for the unknowing! :-D Something learned.

I figured you probably didn't learn much American history in Germany 😀

I always wanted to learn to fly, but it's probably one of those things I'll never get around to doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 minutes ago, billchao said:

I figured you probably didn't learn much American history in Germany 😀

I always wanted to learn to fly, but it's probably one of those things I'll never get around to doing.

We learn almost nothing about foreign history, and I went to a grammar school! Even there, it's almost exclusivly about WW 1+2, the German Democratic Republic and some European stuff like Franco in Spain. It's a shame!

You should give flying a try! It is easy and you go to a flight school. It's almost like learning to drive. To learn a proper golf swing is harder

Edited by Acemyass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never held a Private Pilot Certificate. But, do have an FAA ATP. 😉

Flew airplanes for 45 years; F4C in the USAF in the '60s, BAC 1-11, L-1011, B737, BAe 146 for various airlines in the US and abroad. The best jobs for me though were corporate flying. For the last twenty years, I flew most of the modern Dassault Falcons and Gulfstreams all over the world.

Hung 'em up ten years ago and moved to Asheville NC. Do I miss going to work? Not a bit. Do I fly for fun? Nope. Heck, I don't even airline anywhere anymore . . . if I can't get there by car, I'm not going. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Asheville said:

Never held a Private Pilot Certificate. But, do have an FAA ATP. 😉

Flew airplanes for 45 years; F4C in the USAF in the '60s, BAC 1-11, L-1011, B737, BAe 146 for various airlines in the US and abroad. The best jobs for me though were corporate flying. For the last twenty years, I flew most of the modern Dassault Falcons and Gulfstreams all over the world.

Hung 'em up ten years ago and moved to Asheville NC. Do I miss going to work? Not a bit. Do I fly for fun? Nope. Heck, I don't even airline anywhere anymore . . . if I can't get there by car, I'm not going. 

Wow, you lived my dream!

In Germany it is a modular system. You have to be a privat pilot < IFR rated < commercial pilot < airline transport. I'm a little disabled in my left hip, so I never got the medical. Even though flight school already accepted me. I shed some tears :-D 

I think corporate flying would suit me the best as well. But now, i only fly my little 100 $ Burger trips to nearby airports. Made a career in finance though, so I'm not complaining. Eventhough I wouldn't go without my privat flying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Acemyass said:

You should give flying a try! It is easy and you go to a flight school.

It's expensive and I already play golf. If I have the time available for flying I'd probably end up using it on golf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My dad's passion was flying.   He owned a Piper Tri-pacer back when I was young.   He had a heart attack and couldn't pass the physical to continue flying. When I turned 16, he offered to pay for all of my flight school just so he could get back in the air.   I had no interest...(big mistake).   

My brother was a pilot and since out of the military has not flown because of the cost.   Fuel cost is outrageous.   I have a friend that just sold his float plane because he moved away from the lake.   He always complained about the cost of flying.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, dennyjones said:

My brother was a pilot and since out of the military has not flown because of the cost.   Fuel cost is outrageous.   I have a friend that just sold his float plane because he moved away from the lake.   He always complained about the cost of flying.  

Yes, flying really is an expensive hobby. But then again, I'm allowing me this kind of luxuary. I work long hours for descent dollars, have no kids nor wife nor house. Golf isn't a cheap hobby either. And with flying it is like golf for me: I know no other things (flying and golf)  where I can relax and calm down that good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • 2020 TST Partners

    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
  • Posts

    • Day 48.  Thursday, speed sticks out back in the evening.  Protocol one.  Beat my previous best with all three sticks in the initial bout, but couldn't beat Tuesday's 113 with green on the final (matched it).  Still, 103 with red is pretty nice  I forget what the conversion factor is, but I bet that estimates into a decently nice swing speed for my driver.
    • Day 84 Planemate advanced protocol impact position drills this afternoon after work. 
    • For me, I play anywhere from 5900-6400 given the choice. Average decent contact drive is somewhere between 230-250 now (which I am really happy about), but I still have a decent amount of "power fades" and cold tops/sky balls. We do have a course locally which is something of an executive course. I actually still enjoy it from the middle tees at 5100 yards, as opposed to the back tees at 5400. This is still a par 71 course. It still feels like I should be playing from the middle tees, even if my scores are absurdly better than they should be, with my best being a +5 (+5 front even back), but the holes still feel right for where each set of tees are. For me, as long as I'm not playing for something special (tournament or local money game where certain tees are mandated), I play as short as feels reasonable and fun. I don't often play "forward" (seniors', juniors', women's, whatever it may be)tees, sticking with mostly the "members" tees if I play somewhere new. If the course is exceptionally long, I may move up. Sometimes it depends on the group that I am playing with too. Had a situation last year where a guy got matched with my buddy and I, and he wanted to play the tips (7k yards or so), whereas we wanted to play 2 tees up (6400 yards). Ended up splitting the difference at 6700 yards from the second back tees. The guy we were paired with struggled very bad, and my friend and I didn't fair much better. TLDR: Don't be afraid to play "shorter" tees, and go have fun.
    • Muni is Chinese Paige Spiranac....though Muni has her LPGA card/membership....Paige is simply a Instagram golfing POSER....and whiner...just sayin. Ok...Muni is an Instagram POSER too. I hope I can attend the 2020 CP CWO here in Van City and chat up a fellow countrywoman. I didn't know who she was back in 2012...but Muni use to play out of Swaneset here in La La Land...a 36 hole facility that I play often in the summer with 2 tough tracks. He's a video of Muni as a kid at Swaneset.....Muni needs counselling...her favorite player is the The Phony Pink Diva...WTF.   Ai-Chan and Lorena are two of the most classiest and approachable LPGA pros. Both always so engaging and polite. If a fan asked Lorena for an autograph she always thanked that fan for coming out to watch. I don't like Wie...big snob....if there was a needle mover on the LPGA..... it was Wie...Wie never really like engaging with the fans...she like some other pros know when the cameras are nearby.....BJ is a MARKETING GENIUS...conning everyone that Michelle would be the 'chosen one' in woman's golf....LMAO
    • Went to Minneapolis for a bachelor party in the Summer. The group might have gone with this course but the price scared us off after currency conversion and how expensive the trip already was planned to be. We ended up playing Keller and still loved our pick.
  • TST Blog Entries

  • Blog Entries

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. bmartin461
      bmartin461
      (48 years old)
    2. Judah Ben-Hur
      Judah Ben-Hur
      (58 years old)
    3. WonIron
      WonIron
      (62 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...