IGNORED

It's Official… I Am Retired

chile
Note: This thread is 1558 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Congrats on your accomplishments. Enjoy yourself. 

• Like 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congrats on retirement. You'll be busier now than you've ever been.

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

2 hours ago, chile said:

retired Marine...brother got me out golfing and now i'm blowing money on clubs and stuff.  thought I was over new hobbies 😉

It's not a hobby.  It's a love affair and you've got to spend money, lots of money, on her.

• Like 2

Congrats and thank you for your service.
On a good note, military courses are generally in good shape and inexpensive for service members.
One thing about golf, there's many great places to enjoy the game.

• Like 2

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• iacas changed the title to It's Official… I Am Retired

thank you...already loaded up on TM clubs :/...that being said, I've been working on my tee shot and was wondering how much range time is too much?  have had my M2 driver for about 5 days...have hit about 250ish balls with it already...too much?

16 hours ago, chile said:

thank you...already loaded up on TM clubs :/...that being said, I've been working on my tee shot and was wondering how much range time is too much?  have had my M2 driver for about 5 days...have hit about 250ish balls with it already...too much?

Congratulations, Brother, and Semper Fi!

Range "time" is relative. My recommendation is going to the range or practice area with a specific goal in mind.

Also, make every shot mean something. Golf is so mental that if you put yourself in golf course scenarios on the range, it can help to translate to the course. Mindset is everything and the game is to be enjoyed first and foremost.

Be careful of just being out on the range hitting balls for the sake of hitting balls. If you have bad habits and you aren't working to change them, then you are just reinforcing those bad habits by hitting more balls with those habits. 

Most of the good players I know and work with accomplish more with a few practice shots because they are actively practicing. Less experienced players tend to get out there and send a bucket down range and feel like they have practiced when all they did was go through the motions. If you can get in that mindset early you will be golden.

Train like you fight, Marine! Best of luck.

• Like 2

Dave 

Amazing Golf Ball Whacker Guy

titleist.png

On 10/14/2019 at 10:56 AM, chile said:

retired Marine...brother got me out golfing and now i'm blowing money on clubs and stuff.  thought I was over new hobbies 😉

Thank you for your service.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2019 at 9:08 AM, Black Sail said:

Congratulations, Brother, and Semper Fi!...Train like you fight, Marine! Best of luck.

Thank you...and yes, I always work on what's "ailing" me...got a lesson scheduled to get me steered in the right direction as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats, don't overdo it. Golf is not like other sports, where the more you do it the better you get.  I  played 3 times a week when I worked in PA,  and moved to Pinehurst, NC when I retired. I tried playing more than 3 times a week here and it was too much.   The big difference is I can play 12 months of the year. Enjoy !

• 2 months later...

Congrats on retirement and welcome to this addicting sport! Semper Fi devil dog!

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

Congrats on the retirement! And well come!

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

Note: This thread is 1558 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!