IGNORED

Playing in Cool Weather!

Note: This thread is 1636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

13 minutes ago, Cantankerish said:

What's cold weather?

Apparently for you Florida boys it's 70 degrees.

At least that was where one of your lot started complaining when he had to move here.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

39 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

But I think in reality it's also I don't like losing ProVs in the leaves....

Lol...Now yer talkin!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

33 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Apparently for you Florida boys it's 70 degrees.

At least that was where one of your lot started complaining when he had to move here.

Not for me. Below 60 is chilly. Below 50 is cold. But it can change when you’ve become adjusted to one place for several years. I’ve lived in both extremes and for the life of me can’t imagine those that prefer the cold. I have fun with it, that’s all. There were literally months that I couldn’t enjoy a round of golf while living in Colorado and Detroit. I may have a week in Florida due to heavy rain/hurricane. 

Unless I’m snowboarding on it, snow sucks. I don’t want to have a ‘mud room.’ And If I’m going to be uncomfortable I’d rather do it in shorts and flip flops than looking like the King of the North.

Scraping windshields, shoveling, tire chains, road closures, flight cancellations...the hell with it.😃

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 10/18/2019 at 11:26 AM, mcanadiens said:

To me, the wind is the massive difference maker.  I've enjoyed myself playing in the upper 30s with sun and no wind. But when it's blowing, mid-40s can be positively brutal.

Any sort of steady rain/snow when its below 50 is a no-go.

I agree, the wind is what counts. I draw the line at 40* and no wind. I'm in NY, on Long Island, and love playing on those 45* winter days with no wind and a bright blue sky. However the leaves on the ground can be a bitch, can't find the ball off the fairway, LOL.

On 10/18/2019 at 12:56 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

Local rules for that day were to remove your ball from any snow drifts, no penalty.  But of course, no closer to the snow-covered green.

Don't need that as a local rule.  From definition of Temporary Water:

Snow and natural ice (other than frost) are either loose impediments or, when on the ground, temporary water, at your option.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

It’s finally cooling down a bit here.   Only 86° today.  

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

8 minutes ago, David in FL said:

It’s finally cooling down a bit here.   Only 86° today.  

Those almost be fightin' words!   Talking rain and snow possible Halloween.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

On 10/21/2019 at 9:43 AM, Cantankerish said:

What's cold weather?

Why can't we have down votes 😁

• Like 1

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

2 hours ago, djake said:

Why can't we have down votes 😁

I don't blame you.  I acknowledge that it is a different world to be able to golf year-round.  And it really is in the 80s every day and sticky humid up and down the peninsula. But hey - I'm still perfectly awful at the damned game.

20 hours ago, Cantankerish said:

I don't blame you.  I acknowledge that it is a different world to be able to golf year-round.  And it really is in the 80s every day and sticky humid up and down the peninsula. But hey - I'm still perfectly awful at the damned game.

Lol while rubbing it in about the weather. 

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

If It is going to get to be over 40* sometime during my front nine I will play. Tomorrow it is going to be 25* F at 8AM so there will be frost on the greens. We knew this was coming so we have an 11am tee time. I can stand the cold better than the high temps over 90*. 

I can play golf till it gets down below 40 or 45. My drives won’t go near as far as usual, probably 200 yards, but until the temp dips into the 30s, you’ll see me out there on the range or on the course. One of the downsides of that, though, is when you hit it thin, you’ll definitely know just by how it feels. 

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

I'll play with the LEAST amount of clothing I can get away with- even with temps in 30's/40/s. Especially on my arms. I might be wearing jeans and long johns, but if the sun is out and it isn't too windy, I will be in short sleeves. I might put on a thin form fitting thermal shirt that isn't too binding if I think the sun may go away. Don't like to play in sweaters or sweatshirts, or even those wind cheater jackets. Only exception is rain gear... if it doesn't rustle or restrict in any way. But if it's that cold and rainy, I'm not gonna tee off. I'll head to the heated range

We played today in mid. 50* degrees. 50* degree weather, that became mid 40* degrees by the second 9. Add in the pesky north wind, chill factor, and I just never got comfortable. 

I am a desert rat. I don't do colder weather very well. 

I didn't play well. (88) My feet got cold. Once my feet becamed chilled I was basically done. 

I will dress accordingly for my next round. This current cold front is supposed to move on by Wednesday. Freeze warning for Tuesday night. By Thursday I might be wearing shorts, and short sleeves shirt again. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:41 AM, Vinsk said:

Scraping windshields, shoveling, tire chains, road closures, flight cancellations...the hell with it.😃

Adopt me !!!!!!!! 

• Like 1

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

Note: This thread is 1636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!