CharlieB

Playing in Cool Weather!

41 posts / 2315 viewsLast Reply

Really wanted to play today but it’s too windy.  Constant 20 mph with gusts to 40.  It’s a shame because it’s sunny and 53 degrees.  When I’m out of the wind the sun is strong.  Not shelling out cash to deal with crap conditions.  If I was a member somewhere that’d be a different story.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

On 10/30/2019 at 4:25 PM, CharlieB said:

3-5” of snow coming tomorrow. We had 2” yesterday, but that melted today. Our golf season is over for 2019. Should be back out there in April 2020.

I feel your pain. Snow last night but none stuck. Looking like <30 every weekend for the rest of the month.

We play year round, but it can get chilly. Anything below about 50° is tough. When I retire in 7 years I am headed someplace where I won't need to wear long pants ever again.

My wife's from Detroit and wants to move back, if she does it will be without me. I've been there in the winter, I don't know how any of you Michiganders do it.

I have practiced parts of my game the past 3 days in cooler weather, to be ready to play for a better score in cooler weather. 

A couple of days ago, in the early morning, the wind chill factor was in the mid 30s.  Had the whole practice area to myself....lol

Edited by Patch

Cancelled 7AM tee time this morning. Cold and breezy but playable, except we have had a little over 2” of rain in last couple of days.  Didn’t feel like sloshing around in the Damp and mud and it was cart path only. No roll on shots, so will try to play Monday.