IGNORED

One in a Million Golf Shots

dagolfer18
Note: This thread is 1543 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My buddy and I were playing an somewhat elevated 145-yard par three that goes over a water hazard to a wide but somewhat narrow green. He pushed a well-struck, pin-high iron that happens to hit this busted up old sprinkler head just right. The carom was almost perfectly 90-degrees in a beautiful arch that landed about six feet from the hole and rolled to about 5 inches.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My one in a million was when I was too serious about golf, in 2011, playing at Paa-ko-ridge out side of Albuquerque.  It was in March, pretty cold outside.  Chunked a wedge and left it short of the green.  Tossed my club back towards, the cart, did 3 end over end bounces, and landed in my bag.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mark in Colorado

1 minute ago, skywaterbanjo said:

My one in a million was when I was too serious about golf, in 2011, playing at Paa-ko-ridge out side of Albuquerque.  It was in March, pretty cold outside.  Chunked a wedge and left it short of the green.  Tossed my club back towards, the cart, did 3 end over end bounces, and landed in my bag.

Haha! Read a story about that! My question to you is, did it land in the right slot??

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

On 10/23/2019 at 2:08 AM, NM Golf said:

The last hole was a par 5, I literally just had to finish the hole to win.

snip

I knock it on and two putt for birdie and get beat by one point. I couldn't believe it. 

I'm late to the party, but you didn't "literally just have to finish the hole to win".

You finished the hole in style  and lost. 

Edited by leftybutnotPM

12 hours ago, leftybutnotPM said:

I'm late to the party, but you didn't "literally just have to finish the hole to win".

You finished the hole in style  and lost. 

Ok troll. I don't know if you saw the name if the thread but, its called One in a Million Shots. I "believed" I had him beat by merely finishing the hole as I had a large lead. He then hit a One in a Million Shot to beat me hence me telling the story in a thread called ONE IN A MILLION SHOTS! 

Edited by NM Golf

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

On 1/2/2020 at 3:45 PM, dagolfer18 said:

Haha! Read a story about that! My question to you is, did it land in the right slot??

No.  And, it didn't drop all of the way into the bag.  Made it as far as the grip.

Mark in Colorado

On 1/4/2020 at 8:06 PM, skywaterbanjo said:

No.  And, it didn't drop all of the way into the bag.  Made it as far as the grip.

Good enough! I play golf, just often enough that I can stand it, with a guy who puts his clubs back in the bag about that deep! By the back 9, his bag looks like some kind of weird "golf club bouquet" hanging on the back of the cart!

Several years ago I was playing with a couple of older gentlemen for the first time ( I was pretty new to golf at the time.).  I'd known both for years so I was having a good time cutting up with both of them.  One of the guys, Joe was getting ready to hit his tee shot on a short par three hole.  I asked him what club he was using.  He told me he was hitting his nine iron.  Just to give him a little razz I told him he wasn't using enough club (like I'd have known) and he'd never make it to the green.  He laughed and said, "I think I'll be OK."  I said "Joe you'll never make it. "   He just laughed at me and said "We'll see" , teed up his ball and proceeded to hit his one and only ever hole in one!  

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 1543 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!