IGNORED

Would You Rather…?

iacas

12 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Would You Rather…? #11

Would you rather shoot a 67 the 1st day of Spring 2020 or win a $1000 lottery the same day while shooting a 95?

Not even close.  Shoot 67.  It would be my personal best, and likely never to be repeated, let alone beat.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Would You Rather…? #11

Would you rather shoot a 67 the 1st day of Spring 2020 or win a $1000 lottery the same day while shooting a 95?

Shooting 67 would require supernatural intervention.  It would not be me shooting a 67. What good is that? I'll take the money and keep working on my own game.

War Eagle!

46 minutes ago, The Flush said:

Would You Rather…? #11

If I ever shot a 95, my clubs would be in pieces (I might take a 95 at Augusta though) and $1000 isn't nearly enough to buy new ones. I'll take the 67.  Add another 0 to the cash and I might consider it.

Edited by phillyk

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

1 hour ago, phillyk said:

Would You Rather…? #11

A 95 is an average day at the park for a hacker like me. I'll take the $1000.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

A 95 is an average day at the park for a hacker like me. I'll take the $1000.

I second this sentiment 

• Like 1
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Would You Rather…? #11

I'll happily take the 67, which is better than my personal best by 4 and would also be on a much harder course (rating 72 or greater you said), whereas my 71 was on a par 70 rated 69. Yes, the $1000 could buy me a different memory, like playing Pebble (it's in my neck of woods so no additional travel expense really), but as they say: "you can't buy game", so it's unlikely I could buy something equivalent (say a hole in one on #7 at Pebble?).  Even if that 67 is a fluke to never be repeated. It's still be a cool story for a long time. :beer:

• Upvote 1

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

On 12/20/2019 at 11:22 AM, gbogey said:

Easy.  The experience of having a new career low is easily worth $1000.  Hell, I'd take a 69 over the money

Almost jinxed myself.  Was tracking towards 69 before fading at the end.  But I was playing from winter tee boxes and it wasn't the first day of the season so it wouldn't have counted anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/16/2019 at 1:18 PM, mcanadiens said:

They raised them, but not by a lot. Priv. I, which is what I got went from $450 to $475. 

Priv II went from $850 to $950. Given how well they keep up the courses, I think I am going to pass and look for a better option. There are too many private courses offering great deals. They may not be as close, but they aren't THAT much further.

On 12/20/2019 at 11:30 AM, Double Mocha Man said:

Would You Rather…? #11

I will take the money and run.

- Shane

1 hour ago, CarlSpackler said:

private courses

Fancy man.

I've heard about some of those deals, but they still aren't in my limited golf budget.

Be curious to learn where you end up.

Would you rather...?  #12

Would you rather play golf with Santa Claus at the North Pole and receive the present of 2 holes-in-one in that round or play golf with Tiger Woods and have him beat you by 35 strokes while looking away from his drained putt on 18 to shake your hand?

12 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Would you rather play golf with Santa Claus at the North Pole and receive the present of 2 holes-in-one in that round or play golf with Tiger Woods and have him beat you by 35 strokes while looking away from his drained putt on 18 to shake your hand?

I'm going with the TWoods scenario. Getting beat by 35 playing against Woods would be a better conversation piece. 

Also, I have been told that pace of play at the North Pole is ridiculously slow when Santa is playinh. 

Besides, I already have some hios. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I'd not want to golf in the cold weather regardless of my partner.   I'll take the round with Tiger and hopefully it's warm!

Edited by dennyjones

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I’ll take Santa because that’s a much better story than playing with someone who actually exists.

Also @Double Mocha Man stop breaking the rules. Post your answer before commenting on others.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I choose Santa because I've never made a hole-in-one in two feet of snow.  And because I don't want a lump of bituminous coal in my stocking next year.

Santa is now trending up.

Edited by iacas
still not quite right

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Heck, as much as I love Tiger, I’ll take playing with Santa over getting whooped by Tiger. With two holes in one, I could win.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I’ve never had a hole in one, so I’ll take Santa!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Would you rather play golf with Santa Claus at the North Pole and receive the present of 2 holes-in-one in that round or play golf with Tiger Woods and have him beat you by 35 strokes while looking away from his drained putt on 18 to shake your hand?

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I’ll take Santa because that’s a much better story than playing with someone who actually exists.

image.png.161fc3edba758b1d56bc1e5a0caec974.pngimage.png.8b8293c855c6d97338cd7965e82e0146.png And Santa Claus is much more famous than Tiger Woods.  He also knows the game and I am pretty sure he can play.  After all he has been bringing me golf gear every year since I can remember and it's always exactly what I need.  

image.png

Edited by Keep It Simple

In my Bag:

Driver - SLDR 430 - 10.5 deg
3 Wood - SLDR HL
Irons - TM Tour CB's                                                                                                                                                                 Wedges - TM                                                                                                                                                                               Putter - Odyssey White Ice 2 Ball