IGNORED

Would You Rather…?

iacas

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Well, a respected and well liked member like yourself could probably get away with such a thing. Where as I'm hanging on by a very thin thread.

My thread is thinner than your thread.  And my Dad can beat up your Dad...

The European Tour and its' tv slot is at the best part of the day to me, as it is when I'm having coffee, waking up, getting ready for the day.  Euro announcers generally have a very soothing presentation (as opposed to the zinger, ugh), the Euro courses are beautiful, with backdrops of the Alps on a lot of them (the desert courses / tourneys don't do it for me), and the UK swing has 3 or 4 links tourneys. 

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

My thread is thinner than your thread.  And my Dad can beat up your Dad...

Ah, that's the kind of comedy that's so funny you have to spell it Komedy! 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would You Rather # 36.

Let's pretend you can't watch the PGA tour for what ever reason.

Would you rather watch a LPGA Event?

or 

Would you rather watch a European Tour Event?

or 

Would you rather watch a Korn Ferry Tour Event?

European Tour event. All four majors are official money events on the European Tour.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

9 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would You Rather # 36.

or 

or 

I think this would just make a better poll question because it would depend on the field between Euro/LPGA as well as the tournament. I’d rather watch the LPGA if there was some news story...a young phenom playing for example. But I’d watch a Euro tourney with all the top Euros over any basic LPGA tournament. No interest in the Korn Ferry.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 3/3/2021 at 10:47 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

Would You Rather # 36.

or 

or 

Hands down the LPGA is my favourite tournament to watch.  It is actually more relatable to my golf game.  Very few players there have swing speeds or strength better than mine. Therefore, they are playing on pure skill.  In the PGA tour, when you see players hitting it 175 yards with a PW or just muscling it out of rough I couldn't hit out of, it is brilliant but not relatable.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

• 3 weeks later...

Would you rather #37

Golf on a day over 100 degrees (38c) with no breeze and you sweat profusely just sitting still let alone being active.

OR

Golf on a blustery 40 degree (4c) day with wind whipping around giving you wind chill around 35 degrees (2c)

No Fence sitting, which would you RATHER do?

Edited by StuM
Added apps temps in Celsius

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

41 minutes ago, StuM said:

Would you rather #37

Golf on a day over 100 degrees (38c) with no breeze and you sweat profusely just sitting still let alone being active.

OR

Golf on a blustery 40 degree (4c) day with wind whipping around giving you wind chill around 35 degrees (2c)

I’d much rather be hot than cold. I’ll take the 100 degree weather. If I’m cold, I’ll lose all feeling in my hands, making it difficult to comfortably hold the club.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

1 hour ago, StuM said:

Would you rather #37

OR

I would rather golf in hot weather, too many jackets to stay warm would make my swing hard and the ball would feel like a rock.  Plus I can drink cold water and put wet towels around my neck in the heat.  I did golf once when it was under 40 and it was not too bad due to no wind and a propane heater in the cart but still stopped after 9 because it was snowing.

Edited by StuM

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

1 hour ago, StuM said:

Would you rather #37

OR

I'll reluctantly take the blustery day.  And use the hot day to go to the beach.

3 hours ago, StuM said:

Would you rather #37

OR

I'll take the hot one, no question. I hate freezing my ass off, and with some (bad) luck, I'd had to wait on the group in front, and I sure don't want to do that in 40 (35 with windchill)) weather! Cold is one thing, but cold and windy is way worse, IMHO.

• Like 1

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

3 hours ago, StuM said:

Would you rather #37

OR

No question here. I’m playing in the heat, and I have. 

- Shane

4 hours ago, StuM said:

Would you rather #37

OR

This isn't much of a choice for me.   I'll take the warm weather over cold anytime.   I won't golf with a wind chill around 35°.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

13 hours ago, StuM said:

Would you rather #37

OR

I’d honestly go with the cold day. I sweat buckets. I’d have to drink six bottle of water and electrolyte drinks. Plus I’d be the only one on the course. The 100 degree day would be slow play. It always is.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

13 hours ago, StuM said:

Would you rather #37

OR

I have done both many times. But if I get to pick I'll take the hot day no question about it. My old joints and bones feel much better in the heat than in the cold. 

14 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I’d honestly go with the cold day. I sweat buckets. I’d have to drink six bottle of water and electrolyte drinks. Plus I’d be the only one on the course. The 100 degree day would be slow play. It always is.

You make some good points. But I'm still taking the hot day.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

14 hours ago, StuM said:

Would you rather #37

OR

100*. I don’t play golf when it’s under 50* as a general rule. I can if the sun is out or it isn’t windy, but, here, it is blustery and cold. No thanks. I’ll sweat it out. 

14 hours ago, StuM said:

Would you rather #37

OR

This is just a joke right?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

12 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

This is just a joke right?

Wait until you get the Polar Vortex next January.🥶

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave