IGNORED

Would You Rather…?

iacas

46 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would You Rather #49:

Let's say you arrive at the course for your round and only have time for one of these:

Would you rather warm up at the putting green?

OR

Would you rather warm up on the driving range? 

Driving range. Got to get loose.I can walk by the putting green and see how they are rolling in terms of speed.

47 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would You Rather #49:

Let's say you arrive at the course for your round and only have time for one of these:

OR

Putting green. I suck at putting so I need all the practice I can get.

Also I can only make so many swings in a day so I would rather make them on the course.

• Thumbs Up 1

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

54 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would You Rather #49:

OR

Range for me. Much like @mcanadiens as I age I need more time to loosen up. 

Plus, although it's not always the case. I have been to a number of courses at which the practice green is very unlike the rest of the greens. Which I find interesting, not sure why it's like that, but it happens. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

29 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I have been to a number of courses at which the practice green is very unlike the rest of the greens.

No doubt. My home courses have been pretty good about that, but there are definitely places where the practice green is an after thought. Some flat bit of turf where the grain might be substantially different to the course.

Had one really weird experience that went the other way at Cassel Hills in Vandalia. They've got this super undulated practice green. The day I played it, that practice green was bikini-waxed fast. Scared the crap out of me so bad, I left everything short for the front nine. Then hammered everything well past on the back.

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would You Rather #49:

OR

Putting green. That's where the scoring is done. I've frankly never been all that big on hitting the range ahead of a round. For better or worse, my swing is pretty consistent. So a range session prior to playing really doesn't do much for me. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue / Rombax
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° - Project X 6.0
Snake Eyes 600B 3-PW - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes 685BX Fluid Forged 52°, 56°, 60° - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes MSC1 / Golfsmith NCC - 1701
Maxfli Tour X

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would You Rather #49:

OR

The range, I'm another old guy, it helps me to work up to full swings before I get to the first tee.

30 minutes ago, DoubleAce said:

Putting green. That's where the scoring is done. 

This is unlikely to be true.  I might gain or lose 2 or 3 strokes putting, deviation from "normal", but I can lose many more strokes with poor full swings.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would You Rather #49:

OR

Putting green without a doubt. Even if I only have five minutes, that’s usually enough time for me to get a feel for how the greens are rolling that day. And based on my history of no range balls, the odds that I hit at least a half decent tee ball of the first are in my favor.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

34 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

This is unlikely to be true.  I might gain or lose 2 or 3 strokes putting, deviation from "normal", but I can lose many more strokes with poor full swings.

For you, maybe. For me putting is what will make or break my round. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue / Rombax
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° - Project X 6.0
Snake Eyes 600B 3-PW - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes 685BX Fluid Forged 52°, 56°, 60° - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes MSC1 / Golfsmith NCC - 1701
Maxfli Tour X

4 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would You Rather #49:

OR

I normally tee off at sunrise, and I don't leave myself time for either choice. But if I had time, I would prefer to make some swings on the range.  I'd rather get my body loose and my full swing feel tuned up. It only takes me 1-2 holes to get a sense of the green conditions.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

3 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

practice green was bikini-waxed fast

Wasn't Gary McCord banned from the Masters for using that type of language? 😁

I hate it when the practice green bares no resemblance to the other 18 greens. It is usually that case where the practice green is like a 12 stimp and the rest are like 6.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would You Rather #49:

OR

Ideally both, but if pressed the range as it helps loosen me up.  When I don't I am even more all over the place off the tee and the fairway. 

Also, on a number of the courses I play, the practice green is nothing like the course greens.  There are several that are very much the same as the course greens and they are the ones "if" I had to choose would pick the green over the range.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

5 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would You Rather #49:

OR

I would go for the driving range. Getting loose and seeing what my ball flight is like is more valuable to me than seeing a few putts. Even if it's only 10 swings, it's useful to me. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

8 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would You Rather #49:

OR

Range to loosen up. Even if I don’t have time, I still loosen up first.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Would You Rather #49:

OR

I'd rather warm up on the driving range.    I've played a few courses w/o a driving range and I feel it takes me a few holes to feel like I can swing w/o some compensation from being stiff.     I still like to hit the practice green even if it's just two or three putts.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

If I am getting to the course in time for only one of the outlined options that means it is not a competition or a special round of any kind. Therefore, I head to the putting green if I cannot get on earlier.

12 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would You Rather #49:

OR

You mean what would I do if I arrived at the course early? 😜

Since this is a WYR, I’d putt.

Normally I play pretty early so if I had an extra 20 minutes before my round I’d drink another cup of coffee in my kitchen and leave later. Or sleep in a bit longer. It’s barely daylight out anyways.

My normal routine is arrive at the course 15 minutes before my tee time, check in, roll a couple of putts and then chat with the starter for about 5 minutes. If I’m running short on time I’ll skip the putting.

My swing gets longer as I get more loose anyway. That’s not a good thing.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 minutes ago, billchao said:

My swing gets longer as I get more loose anyway. That’s not a good thing.

gumby GIF

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

4 hours ago, boogielicious said:

gumby GIF

Damnit gumby... your swing too loose now. It makin your ball fly all over the place.