IGNORED

Would You Rather…?

iacas

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Would you rather...? #19:

Be able to play golf as well as you do now BOTH righty and lefty, for the rest of your life… or… Reduce your handicap by 25% relative to +4 (i.e. an 18 is 22 strokes away, so 5.5 strokes) for the rest of your life?

Second option. At least I’ll be a better golfer than I am now for the rest of my life.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Be able to play golf as well as you do now BOTH righty and lefty, for the rest of your life… or… Reduce your handicap by 25% relative to +4 (i.e. an 18 is 22 strokes away, so 5.5 strokes) for the rest of your life?

I’ll go with option 1.  I don’t know my limit yet for how good I can get but I hope it’s better than +4.  25% for me compared to that isn’t much so being a solid golfer left handed too would be fun. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

5 hours ago, iacas said:

Number 2.

Why would I care about being able to play from both sides?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

11 hours ago, iacas said:

Reduce by 25% hands down. Lefties are the devil’s spawn, eh @Vinsk?😜

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

My choice would defiantly be option 2.

25% would put me as a better than average player.  In my situation, I'll never be close to being a scratch golfer and it's out of reach to play the high tier courses.

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

• Administrator

FWIW, I'm choosing the first. Playing to a +1 righty and lefty would be sweet. Much sweeter than being a… +1.75 righty only.

I think @mvmac would choose the first option too, since he's already a +3.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

14 hours ago, iacas said:

I've been thinking on this one and for it would be option 1.  Here's my reasoning - being equally adept at righty or lefty, means I have a complete world of options available. Just as I've read where some have found that by switching hands, they saw the ball better and swung the club better.  Who knows you may find that you can drive the ball slightly better as a lefty but play the short game better as a righty,  Then you could have the best "overall" bag available. Use left handed clubs when called upon and the same for right.  It would truly be a mixed bag of clubs.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

14 hours ago, iacas said:

#2 - I have no interest in playing both ways, so easy choice to reduce my handicap

Players play, tough players win!

36 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

#2 - I have no interest in playing both ways, so easy choice to reduce my handicap

This is a good point. IMO, the only reason you would even want to play ambidextrous  is to show off to your friends, who most likely are not ambidextrous.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

18 hours ago, iacas said:

Option 2. I am already a +1, but I don't play often enough right handed, why would I need to add playing left handed too? Plus my buddy I play with is left handed and two left handers in the same group would be too much. 😜

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

40 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

Option 2. I am already a +1, but I don't play often enough right handed, why would I need to add playing left handed too? Plus my buddy I play with is left handed and two left handers in the same group would be too much. 😜

Right?!

Hell, they might ask you to leave the course!  :-D

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

20 hours ago, iacas said:

Option #2. I see no reason to own a second set of clubs just to play left handed per option #1. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

20 hours ago, iacas said:

As a 9/10 handicap I would drop my handicap at least 3 strokes and stay at that level of "potential" for the rest of my playing life.  Playing equally well from both sides would be cool but there is no question I would prefer #2.

Brian Kuehn

2 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

1 minute ago, bkuehn1952 said:

As a 9/10 handicap I would drop my handicap at least 3 strokes and stay at that level of "potential" for the rest of my playing life.  Playing equally well from both sides would be cool but there is no question I would prefer #2.

Ditto. And why would I even consider playing lefty? And incur the expense of a second set of clubs?

• Like 1

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

12 hours ago, iacas said:

FWIW, I'm choosing the first. Playing to a +1 righty and lefty would be sweet. Much sweeter than being a… +1.75 righty only.

I think @mvmac would choose the first option too, since he's already a +3.

That makes sense for you guys. Me? I'm a 13.8. So, a 25% reduction is 3.45 strokes! I'd take that in a heartbeat. 

15 hours ago, sjduffers said:

Ditto. And why would I even consider playing lefty? And incur the expense of a second set of clubs?

Yes, that occurred to me too.  Still, it would be a good way to hustle people.  Play nine righty.  Suggest at the turn that you go in and rent a lefty set and play for X dollars a hole.  Of course, it might shorten one's life span.

Brian Kuehn

• Administrator
23 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

That makes sense for you guys. Me? I'm a 13.8. So, a 25% reduction is 3.45 strokes! I'd take that in a heartbeat. 

No, it's 4.45.

It's 25% of the difference from your index to a +4.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

55 minutes ago, iacas said:

No, it's 4.45.

It's 25% of the difference from your index to a +4.

Oh! So that would get me under 10! Even better! Haven't been in single digits in quite a while!

Edited by Buckeyebowman