IGNORED

Would You Rather…?

iacas

• Administrator
1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

WOULD YOU RATHER #32: 

Would you rather see the same guy win 10 of the next 16 majors.

That one. And that guy can be Tiger. 😉

Or Bryson. That'd be hilarious. Except maybe the rollback people would feed off that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

WOULD YOU RATHER #32: 

OR

Would you rather see each of the next 16 majors won by a first time major champion?

Tough one. If not Tiger the B would be interesting. Both are very improbable.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

49 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Tough one. If not Tiger the B would be interesting. Both are very improbable.

I thought would you rater questions were supposed to be improbable. 

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Or Bryson. That'd be hilarious. Except maybe the rollback people would feed off that.

That would be hilarious. But you are right about the damned roll back people. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

WOULD YOU RATHER #32: 

OR

Would you rather see each of the next 16 majors won by a first time major champion?

I am going with "next 16 majors won by a first time major champion".  My thinking is that would imply a very strong competitive field and many up-and-coming greats.  I doubt either will happen,  We have many strong competitors will would make winning 10 of 16 very difficult but at the same time make it very probable that some winners would be repeat winners.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

WOULD YOU RATHER #32: 

OR

Between these 2 choices, I'd like to see the same guy win 10 of the next 16.  What Tiger did early in his career was so incredible, and i'd be fun to go on another ride like that.  Have another generation get to experience something like that.

However, what I'd actually like to see is the winners come from the same same 6 to 8 golfers who are all in contention for each of the next 16 majors.  Doesn't matter if the same guy wins all of them, but to see the rivalries build over the course of several years at the most important tournaments would be ideal.

• 2 weeks later...

16 different guys win.  No repeats.  Don't really know why.  And it's not going to play out that way.  A question for the crowd--has the Tour ever gone 4 full years with nobody winning a major twice?

4 hours ago, DwightC said:

16 different guys win.  No repeats.  Don't really know why.  And it's not going to play out that way.  A question for the crowd--has the Tour ever gone 4 full years with nobody winning a major twice?

I don’t think so. It would require some research. But the only stretch I can think of is 1984-87 maybe? 1984: Crenshaw, Zoeller, Ballesteros, Trevino 1985: Langer, North, Lyle, Green 1986: Nicklaus, Floyd, Norman, Tway 1987: Mize, Simpson, Faldo, Nelson. You can’t stretch it back to 1983, because Ballesteros won the Masters and Nelson the U. S. Open. But Watson at the Open and Sutton at The PGA are different. So that’s 18 in a row. There was a stretch from when Tiger won the 2002 U.S. Open until he won the Masters of all different major champions, Els, Beem, Weir, Furyk, Curtis, Micheel, Mickelson, Goosen, Hamilton, Singh.

But I think 18 in a row might be the most.

• Like 1

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2020 at 1:04 PM, ChetlovesMer said:

WOULD YOU RATHER #32: 

OR

I'd go for the latter, when Tiger was dominating in a similar fashion I started rooting against him and I don't care for rooting against anyone.

• 1 month later...

WOULD YOU RATHER #33:

For this question pretend you are playing a course on which for what ever reason you have to take a cart. The question is simple and non-controversial.  

Would you rather drive the cart?

OR

Would you rather be a passenger in the cart?

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

easy - ride; I'd rather relax and enjoy the scenery rather than have something else to deal with. Besides, as someone here can attest to (@billchao), I've nearly gotten lost driving one time on a poorly marked area of a course with the cart path running through a neighborhood or something 🙄

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

I'd rather ride, given i trust the driver knows how to handle himself or herself in a cart on the course, etiquette and such.

If I don't trust the person, I'd rather drive.

I'd rather drive.  I want nobody else steering that puppy than me when we're going down the super-steep and dangerous cart paths of Shuksan Golf Course.  Those that live in this area will know what I mean.  I have recurring nightmares of dying on the wet, curvy, moss-slick cart path down to #1 fairway.

22 minutes ago, RyckyRych said:

I'd rather be the passenger since I do like to walk up to the green and such on occasion.

If I want to get out and run or walk up the fairway the other guy knows to slide over and drive the cart.  Otherwise that squat little vehicle just sits there...

33 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

OR

I prefer to drive, with the understanding that there are times when its best for me to walk and let the other player drive.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

47 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

OR

I'd rather drive, just because I like putting the cart/my bag quite close to my golf ball and when others drive they usually park much further away. It's honestly good etiquette that people do this, I just like having everything right next to my ball so I can range, grab a club, and be in position already for the start of my routine without any extra walking.

Usually my cart or bag is only around 3 feet away from the ball, on the right hand side. You can actually see the shadow of the golf cart in my profile picture from the Newport Cup, just barely cropped out. Here's the original showing where I like to park a cart, give or take a foot closer or further. When walking I just stand next to the ball and set the bag down, so it ends up closer than that.

Edited by Pretzel

48 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

WOULD YOU RATHER #33:

For this question pretend you are playing a course on which for what ever reason you have to take a cart. The question is simple and non-controversial.  

OR

I prefer to drive, and most of my playing partners prefer to ride so it works out. When I'm driving I'm not going to be on my phone and am less likely to have my thoughts wander and I find it easier for me to stay focused on my next shot. I'm sure if I actually kept track there is probably no difference in my actual score whether I'm driving or riding, just my personal preference.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

56 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

WOULD YOU RATHER #33:

OR

Passenger. That way I feel like I have a chauffeur.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

WOULD YOU RATHER #33:

OR

All things being equal, I'd want to be the passenger, so that's my answer.  However, some people got no clue what they are doing driving a cart. They cause pace of play issues, park the cart in funny spots, try to sit in the cart every moment they aren't actually hitting their ball and generally drive me insane. I can think of a couple of guys where I insist on driving.