IGNORED

Would You Rather…?

iacas

13 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

This is just a joke right?

Not a joke, just curious because I had a discussion on whether or not to do a trip to Northern MI in October where you can get cold & snow easily.  So @Vinsk, which would you Rather?

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, StuM said:

Not a joke, just curious because I had a discussion on whether or not to do a trip to Northern MI in October where you can get cold & snow easily.  So @Vinsk, which would you Rather?

Yeah ....As others know I’m an extreme anti-winter person. I’ve lived in both extremes and hot weather wins by far. Cold absolutely sucks.

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

16 hours ago, StuM said:

Would you rather #37

Golf on a day over 100 degrees (38c) with no breeze and you sweat profusely just sitting still let alone being active.

OR

Golf on a blustery 40 degree (4c) day with wind whipping around giving you wind chill around 35 degrees (2c)

No Fence sitting, which would you RATHER do?

Heat. Golf isn’t fun in the wind and cold. I can deal with being hot.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

16 hours ago, StuM said:

Would you rather #37

Golf on a day over 100 degrees (38c) with no breeze and you sweat profusely just sitting still let alone being active.

OR

Golf on a blustery 40 degree (4c) day with wind whipping around giving you wind chill around 35 degrees (2c)

Play in the cold and wind, 100%.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

17 hours ago, StuM said:

Would you rather #37

OR

I'd rather play in the heat.  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

18 hours ago, StuM said:

Would you rather #37

OR

Hands down golf in the heat.  With the exception of one year in my life when I lived in the Netherlands, I have always lived in hot climates. I spent many years living in beach towns and heat and humidity I am perfectly fine with. I can't really deal with the cold, and I would probably struggle with wind affecting my golf game.  Never grew up playing courses like that.  I can't hit low wind cheating shots

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

3 hours ago, StuM said:

I have golfed in a competition when it was 37*, overcast, and breezy. Talk about terrible conditions, miserable, and being bundled with too many layers of clothes, it was terrible, and my score reflected that. Now 100+* you have to be careful because that could be deadly if you aren't prepared. With that in mind, I would take the hot weather over the cold, and prepare myself as best I could.

Blazing Heat Wave GIF

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

19 hours ago, StuM said:

Would you rather #37

OR

Considering my first round of golf this year in January had an ambient temperature of only 18 degrees before any windchill, I'll take the cold every time. Plus 40 degree day down to a 35 degree windchill is only 7 mph of wind, so that's average or better out here in Colorado. 

Warmer and less windy than I've been playing golf in, what's not to like? 😁

But on a serious note, I much prefer being cold to being too hot. Cold is easy to fix, just add layers, but when you're hot there's only so many layers you can legally get rid of while out in public. 35 degrees for me is still warm enough that I just wear my usual jeans and t-shirt with a light sweatshirt on top, so not enough layers required to really restrict or cause problems with my swing.

Once it drops down below 20 degrees is when things start to get more debatable for me unless I'm just desperate to play golf, because I need at least one of my insulated long sleeve shirts plus a sweatshirt, if not long sleeve + light jacket or sweatshirt + light jacket. I'll golf in a sweatshirt no problem, but I'm not a fan of playing while wearing a light jacket.

Edited by Pretzel

On 3/22/2021 at 5:39 PM, StuM said:

Would you rather #37

OR

I have played both and absolutely prefer the 100deg days.  I don’t mind sweating profusely....

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Would you rather #37

OR

As I get older the hotter the better for me. My cutoff for playing is about 50 deg. If its windy even higher.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

51 minutes ago, coachjimsc said:

As I get older the hotter the better for me. My cutoff for playing is about 50 deg. If its windy even higher.

My wife has a 50-50 rule.  She wants at least 50% of the round to be played at 50 degrees or higher.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

On 3/22/2021 at 4:39 PM, StuM said:

Would you rather #37

OR

Not even close for me. My personal threshold is a real feel of around 45 or higher to play. Using that I usually play 8-12 times during January and February combined. Around here, the real feel is 100+ from late May through early September. I average about 15 rounds a month and usually walk up unless the real feel is close to 110.

Would you rather #37

OR

Just a quick count to date: Hot = 15 Cold = 4

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

I'd much rather play in the heat than in the cold.

Only problem in the heat is sunburn. Sweating is not an issue, I fight against it with cold beer 🔥🍻 

Very hot days tend to have harder greens which do not recieve your longer shots that land directly on them. The way around this problem for me is to use the fairway, having the long shot landing on thr fairway and rolling naturally into the green. IMG_20210330_092702.thumb.jpg.bd8ad88ca7dae07805c51d116a4ec729.jpg

When the weather is really cold you can also have good fun if you have the adequate layers clothing, neck warmer, gloves etc. The way around the discomfort is also to keep drinking some strong coffee/black tea along the round. Gotta confess that frost fairways are quite a beautiful sight. IMG_20210330_092412.thumb.jpg.d1b9ff486446b12356edc96676348761.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Would you rather #38

Lose all of the memories you have of playing golf

OR

Keep all the memories of golf you have right now, but never be able to create any new golf memories? 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

7 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would you rather #38

OR

Keep all the memories of golf you have right now, but never be able to create any new golf memories? 

#1 if it means Ron will stop sharing his memory on hole 17 with every Tom, Dick and Harry we play with that he's parred the hole from each of three different fairways, I'm all over that choice.

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would you rather #38

OR

What an awful choice! Is someone having a bad day??

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave