IGNORED

Would You Rather…?

iacas

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

Would You Rather… #6: 1) Play at your preferred pace (say, 3½ or 4 hours) but at an inconvenient time for you, or 2) get your preferred tee times but be forced to play behind groups that take 5+ hours and won't ever let you play through?

Option 1, I’ve had a membership before and just left the course 4-5 holes short because it became a slog. I rather have good pace of play and work with strange tee times. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 minutes ago, iacas said:

Your favorite course offers you a free membership, with your usual number of rounds per year, but they give you these two options, so…

Would You Rather… #6: 1) Play at your preferred pace (say, 3½ or 4 hours) but at an inconvenient time for you, or 2) get your preferred tee times but be forced to play behind groups that take 5+ hours and won't ever let you play through?

#1 for me. Anytime I could play all my rounds in 3.5-4 hours wouldn't be inconvient for me.

As long as it's light enough to see what I an trying to accomplish on a golf course, I can play any day, or time I want. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Gotta go with #1, but I wouldn't be happy about it.  I prefer to play in the morning so I can be home in the afternoon to get other things done, including happy hour.

43 minutes ago, iacas said:

Your favorite course offers you a free membership, with your usual number of rounds per year, but they give you these two options, so…

Dang...I'd much rather play at inconvenient times and play at a good pace.   I'll walk off of a course if 5+ hours is the norm.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

46 minutes ago, iacas said:

It depends on how inconvenient inconvenient is.  For me, it's better to be able to control when I play, as my time is very limited.  However, 5+ hours can become very inconvenient as well.

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Neither

I wouldn’t play there, even for free, under either circumstance.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
6 hours ago, David in FL said:

Neither

I wouldn’t play there, even for free, under either circumstance.

Not an option in this game.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

11 hours ago, iacas said:

1 absolutely. Inconvenient times can become convenient eventually. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

13 hours ago, iacas said:

Inconvenient tee times. If I’m not working, I’ll golf whenever

Wow, that's a tough one. I'd probably take the convenient times and deal with the 5+ hours. Especially if it's like 5 hours 5 minutes per round. If "5+" means 5 hours, 55 minutes, Wow. 

Anyway, I think I could get used to the slow play. I could also bring my phone and knock out some work emails. Or play with my buddies and just realize its going to be slow, so we could do some side betting and what not. I would also have a lot more time to do some golf VLOGs which I kinda would like to do more of. 

Good question.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Preferred pace, 100%. I like to play early in the morning, but that is just because the pace of play is faster in the morning where I play. I'd play 4-5 times a week instead of 1-2 times if I could finish every round in less than 2.5 hours.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

You are playing the 18th hole of the final round of your club championship. You are in the fairway, exactly your 7 iron distance from the center of the green. The flag is in the middle of the green. For what ever reason, you ABSOLUTELY have to hit the green to win your championship. 

Would you rather #7:

1) Be hitting toward a green that is 25 yards wide, but only 5 yards deep? or 

2) Be hitting toward a green that is only 5 yards wide, but 25 yards deep? 

13 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

You are playing the 18th hole of the final round of your club championship. You are in the fairway, exactly your 7 iron distance from the center of the green. The flag is in the middle of the green. For what ever reason, you ABSOLUTELY have to hit the green to win your championship. 

Would you rather #7:

I'll take the first option.   I believe for my game, my miss is not as much distance but left/right.     

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

11 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would you rather #7:

25 yards wide all day. I have a much better chance hitting the club the correct distance but 10 yds left/right of my target than I do landing it within a 5 yard left/right gap from 170 yds.

Over the course of an entire season I probably only hit a couple of shots from a full 7 iron distance that land precisely within a 5 yd gap of my intended target. Heck even PGA tour players aren't all that accurate with a full 7 iron

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

8 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Things went along swimmingly until we caught up the old codgers on the 17th!

Every once in a while I play 9 holes with an old codger. Ron, he's 89 years old. We finish in 2 hours or less. When I grow up I want to be like Ron.

6 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would you rather #7:

#1 for me. I'm in the fairway, so I would just run the ball up on the green.

.  It might be my 7i distance, but a more controlled 1/2-3/4 swing,  knock down,  low runner, with another, longer club would put me on the green. The 25 yard width of the green makes this the easier shot for me.

There are actually several  holes, with smallish greens, at my home course, that sort of duplicates this shot. . 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

10 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would you rather #7:

#1.  I am pretty good at hitting my carry number.  Right to left dispersion, however, is a constant work in progress.  

Edited by ncates00

11 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would you rather #7:

Personally, I'm taking the deep but narrow green. 

In addition even though I'm 7 iron distance away. I'm probably going to hit a knock-down 6. I feel pretty confident I can hit my knock down shot straight. Not so sure I can get the distance just right. 

• Like 1