IGNORED

Would You Rather…?

iacas

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

What an awful choice! Is someone having a bad day?😀

F - ING SNOW!!!!!

• Funny 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No snow this far north but we have the real feel temperatures in the mid 20s.   Keep the white stuff your way.   Our gift to you!  :dance:

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would you rather #38

Lose all of the memories you have of playing golf

OR

Keep all the memories of golf you have right now, but never be able to create any new golf memories? 

Keep all the memories without creating new ones for two reasons.

The more serious reason is that my Grandpa got me into golf early, when I was 3, and I grew up playing the game with him. He doesn't golf anymore and I have a lot of good memories of us together, so I'd hate to lose it.

The more important reason is that if I can't create any new golf memories I can guarantee I'll have forgotten about my bogies, doubles, and triples by the time I get to the next teebox. I might need those little prayer beads to keep count for scoring, or just use my shot tracking device for scoring, but just think of all the advantages! Being a stupid monkey is easier when you can't remember how much you sucked during the swing change process, you're never rattled by had holes, and you can honestly say you have no idea why this new set of clubs turned up on your doorstep!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

4 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Would you rather have snow during the golf season or have Michigan beat Ohio State.  Sorry, that's The Ohio State.

Easy one, I'll take the W for Michigan. 

I've lived in several states in my life. So, I have no loyalty to any team. 

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

F - ING SNOW!!!!!

Then it should have been something like, “Would you rather have it snow and day or two in April, or rain the whole month of July?”

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

4 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Would you rather #38

OR

Keep all the memories of golf you have right now, but never be able to create any new golf memories? 

Lose all the memories and make new ones.

Now, what was the question?...

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

8 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would you rather #38

OR

Most of my golf is rather forgettable and some of it I’d rather forget, so I’ll go ahead and take option one and start playing this game as a 12 handicap.

I must be a natural. I’ll be on tour soon, better start a topic about it 🙃

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

19 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would you rather #38

OR

I guess when I wrote this would you rather I didn't realize how actually depressing either option would be. I was just thinking and wondering if my best golf was in front of me or behind me? It's the kinda shit you wonder about when you are a man of a certain age.

Anyhow, I thought it was a tough question. Because I do truly feel like I'm getting better at golf. I also feel like going forward I'm going to play a lot more golf. Having written that, I no longer get to play with my dad and those are some memories I really cherish. I've had two holes in one, but to be honest those aren't in my top 10 golf memories. Don't get me wrong it's really f-ing cool to hit a hole in one. But for me its more about the people I've played with than the golf itself. 

If I had to pick I think I'd take all of the memories I have. But again, it's a tough choice. If my old man's health was better I'd take memories going forward, because I'm always optimistic that the next shot or next round or next season could be the greatest one ever. 

On 4/21/2021 at 10:18 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

Would you rather #38

OR

Since I've only really attempted the game for the past 2-1/2 years and I will be 62 this year, therefore losing all the memories would be the "better" option.  Sadly I would lose the first birdie my 4-1/2yr old grandson made (yes we teed him up about 100yds out, but it was still birdie on a par 3 no less), but I would also like to think my best memories would be made going forward as my game will continue to improve to a point (age and loss of physical abilities will begin to rob the improvements), my sons' games will continue to improve and of course I will get to see and remember the great milestones my grandson will make as he grows into the game.  Forward and onward.....  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Would you rather #38

OR

The real key to the question is why would I not be able to create any new memories or why I'd lose the old ones. If I can't remember anything about my experiences playing golf, do I remember everything else? If I can't make any new memories is that because I've suffered some sort of significant injury that makes that impossible?

Supposing we just limit the damage to golf, I'd lose the old memories. I've always had a bit of stupid optimist in me that thinks the best is yet to come.

Edited by mcanadiens

Would you rather #38

OR

WOW, as others said, I hate both choices.  I have lots of memories of golfing with my wife, with my "Exchange" son and with many friends.  To lose those would hurt.  But also I figure I have 20+ years of golf ahead of me so not being able to create new memories is also depressing.  Since I have to chose I will take "Lose all of the memories" as long as I can create new ones.  With 20+ years ahead of me I figure I can create enough good memories to replace those lost.  If I were closer to the end of my "Golf Life" then I would definitely want to keep the memories.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, we haven't done one of these in a while, so here goes:

Would you rather #38

Let's imagine your a tour pro who's just been offered a "whole bag sponsorship deal".

Would you rather

Play a whole bag where you are not incredibly fond of the Driver but LOVE the putter? 

OR

Play a whole bag where you are not incredibly fond of the putter but LOVE the driver? 

25 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would you rather #38

Let's imagine your a tour pro who's just been offered a "whole bag sponsorship deal".

Would you rather

Play a whole bag where you are not incredibly fond of the Driver but LOVE the putter? 

OR

Play a whole bag where you are not incredibly fond of the putter but LOVE the driver? 

#2.  I would rather LOVE the driver, but in a platonic way, of course.

But because I've taken too many Logic courses I'd rather go between the horns of the bull.  Though I know we're not supposed to do that. 

I would insist on a contract that allows me to give the brand every chance with the driver and putter, but ultimately those two would be up to my choosing.  But I would continually try to use the brand's offerings as they become available.  It would be okay with me if the brand wanted to re-paint my driver or putter to look more like theirs... 😁

37 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would you rather #38

Would you rather

OR

#2 easy. Driver is a more important club, and honestly I have never understood the putter affinity syndrome some golfers have.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

42 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would you rather #38

Would you rather

OR

#2 for me.

Every brand has some sort of Anser/Newport/Newport2 style putter in their repertoire, but some brands have drivers that work much better/worse for me than others. I'd love to keep my current putter (or a Circle T version of it), but honestly I'd be just fine switching to another brand's near-identical model. The same can't be said for the big stick, just because there's more performance difference between brands and models there and different brands/models will fit different swings better or worse.

I like my putter, but not that much. I've kept my putters for a long time over the years not because I disliked other putters, but because they're all so similar it's not like I would get any improvement by going to something else. I know that I properly aim a Newport/Newport 2 style putter and the amount of toe hang that comes from a plumber's neck fits my putting stroke nicely, so beyond that anything else is just for looks/feel with no actual measurable improvements.

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would you rather #38

Would you rather

OR

I would rather play with a brand where I’m not fond of the putter but LOVE the driver.

I would basically tell the Taylormade rep to get away from me. Srixon/Cleveland/XXIO I’d listen to what they have to say. Mizuno same thing. Cobra don’t make putters (except) in box sets so I wouldn’t worry about them, I love PING... that leave Acushnet... I ain’t gonna hate a Scotty.

I have 2 Cleveland putters that I’m “okay” with. (I have an HB Soft and a Frontline) I’m not fond of them. But they’re not cheap $15 Zinc putters from Walmart. (I had a Dunlop LoCo from that was a $40 putter normally I bought for $15 that I couldn’t miss inside of 10 feet with.)... I’m still getting used to having my putters be 3° upright.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

3 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I would insist on a contract that allows me to give the brand every chance with the driver and putter, but ultimately those two would be up to my choosing.  But I would continually try to use the brand's offerings as they become available.  It would be okay with me if the brand wanted to re-paint my driver or putter to look more like theirs... 😁

COP OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's say you aren't Tiger Woods... Just a struggling bottom rung tour pro and need the contract to feed your family. 

1 hour ago, onthehunt526 said:

Cobra don’t make putters (except) in box sets so I wouldn’t worry about them,