IGNORED

Would You Rather…?

iacas

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Wow, my question became a Twitter pole. I'm honored. 

Far too many B votes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instructor Development, 5 Simple Keys®/Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins • Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 • "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 • Penn-State Behrend Head Coach • • • • • • • • • • :aimpoint: :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | 5SK.com | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Would You Rather… #3: Would you rather hit your best drive (i.e. if your maximum drive is 250, then hit it 250, if your max is 300, then its 300, etc...) to the center of the fairway every time you tee off from now on. OR would you rather hole every putt from inside 10 feet from now on? 

I am a good driver of the golf ball but I attribute this to regular practice swings at home working on rhythm, working out and staying flexible.  I am kinda "meh" in the putting department (sometimes I get hot but I also get the yips).

But I am taking the driving as the obvious answer for anyone who:

a) Plans on having longevity in this hobby

b) Doesn't always have a chance to practice, work out, stay limber

• Like 1

In my Bag:

Driver - SLDR 430 - 10.5 deg
3 Wood - SLDR HL
Irons - TM Tour CB's                                                                                                                                                                 Wedges - TM                                                                                                                                                                               Putter - Odyssey White Ice 2 Ball

Would You Rather… #3: Would you rather hit your best drive (i.e. if your maximum drive is 250, then hit it 250, if your max is 300, then its 300, etc...) to the center of the fairway every time you tee off from now on. OR would you rather hole every putt from inside 10 feet from now on? 

I would pick A all day long. A few reasons, you can become good at inside 10ft putts really quickly. Majority of your putts inside 10ft are inside 3ft if you consider tap ins and really good short game shots. For ever taking away a bad tee shot is HUGE! No more OB, water, rough, fairway bunkers... 

• Like 1

"A good conversation is not designed to win the argument. It is designed to enjoy the exchange."

Matt "Dough", P.E.
My Game Golf Profile -
Click Here! (It's not a trap) fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: :srixon: (4-PW)
Wedges:
:edel: Trapper (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

20 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Would You Rather… #3: Would you rather hit your best drive (i.e. if your maximum drive is 250, then hit it 250, if your max is 300, then its 300, etc...) to the center of the fairway every time you tee off from now on. OR would you rather hole every putt from inside 10 feet from now on? 

I would pick A all day long. A few reasons, you can become good at inside 10ft putts really quickly. Majority of your putts inside 10ft are inside 3ft if you consider tap ins and really good short game shots. For ever taking away a bad tee shot is HUGE! No more OB, water, rough, fairway bunkers... 

I’m mixed as my most crippling shot is my approach. I usually find the fairway or close to it off the tee. But as we all know my main miss is a shank on my approach. And that comes at any distance so even gaining 30yds and In the fairway doesn’t necessarily pave my way. And over 30’ putts I’m in good danger of 3 putting so knowing my lag only has to be within 10’ would be huge for me.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

7 hours ago, Keep It Simple said:

Would You Rather… #3: Would you rather hit your best drive (i.e. if your maximum drive is 250, then hit it 250, if your max is 300, then its 300, etc...) to the center of the fairway every time you tee off from now on. OR would you rather hole every putt from inside 10 feet from now on? 

another A from a beginner...doesn't do me any good to hole every 10ft putt if it takes me 6-7 shots to get to the green 😕

Edited by iacas
put response outside of quote box
  • Like 1

• Administrator

Would You Rather… #4: get to choose your three playing partners but be assigned to play 36 holes in one day on a completely random golf course, or get to play 36 holes at the course of your choosing with three completely randomly chosen playing partners?

In other words (and you don't have to quote this part, just the red text), if you choose the playing partners you might get stuck randomly playing some piece-of-crap course somewhere, and if you choose the course (anything is possible - Augusta National, Cypress Point, the Old Course), you might get stuck playing with people you don't like. Or you might get paired with people who become your new best friends… you don't know.

So either you pick the course and get random playing partners, or you pick the playing partners and get a random course.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instructor Development, 5 Simple Keys®/Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins • Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 • "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 • Penn-State Behrend Head Coach • • • • • • • • • • :aimpoint: :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | 5SK.com | LSW | Instructional Droplets

25 minutes ago, iacas said:

Would You Rather… #4: get to choose your three playing partners but be assigned to play 36 holes in one day on a completely random golf course, or get to play 36 holes at the course of your choosing with three completely randomly chosen playing partners?

Easy question: I pick the course. 

I can play a decent course with my buddies anytime. But I will likely never get on Augusta National. I would go play 36 with the Adolf Hitler, Mussolini and the Devil himself as long as we are on Augusta National. And who know maybe I'll be assigned 3 great people, then BONUS, Yeah baby!

I'll choose the course. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, iacas said:

I would rather pick the course. I play most of my rounds with strangers as it is, and it is actually a part of the game I enjoy. 

That's easy.  Sheesh... Cypress Point!  I'd even suffer playing with Atilla the Hun, Gary McCord and Bryson DeChambeau.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, iacas said:

I've said for a long time that I'm playing these days for the camaraderie, but I've played lots of crappy courses with some of my buddies. So my answer is there is nothing like making new friends while we are playing Cypress Point. 

And I picked that one because of location and I have no chance of knowing someone who is a member; locally I'm still hoping to find a way to play Crystal Downs.

Players play, tough players win!

45 minutes ago, iacas said:

Choosing to golf, and picking 3  good friends trumps everything else. So, 36 holes on a random course would be my first choice. 

That said, many times in the past, our group of golfing friends have chosen a specific course to play. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

4 minutes ago, Patch said:

Choosing to golf, and picking 3  good friends trumps everything else. So, 36 holes on a random course would be my first choice. 

That said, many times in the past, our group of golfing friends have chosen a specific course to play. 

Playing with 3 good friends is golden... but you already know their stories, their habits, their adult beverage of choice, their favorite curse words, and probably their wife and kids.  I relish the idea of playing with 3 new guys/gals... right off the bat you have something in common.  And, after 36 holes at a spectacular course, you can play with your friends again.  And tantalize them with stories of Augusta National.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iacas said:

choose the 3 playing partners...misery loves company

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iacas said:

B. I'll choose Pine Valley, thanks.

It's kind of an easy decision for me because I'm used to playing with random partners. Being able to pick an exclusive club while playing with strangers is already an upgrade from my usual routine.

Sure golf is a lot of fun with friends even at a goat track, but it will be a goat track of our choosing, thank you very much.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

5 hours ago, iacas said:

That’s a little tough. I’d prefer to play a top course with my dad.

But since that’s not an option. I’ll go with picking my playing partners. I wanna play with Tiger Woods...while he can still walk

• iacas changed the title to Would You Rather…?