• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasfeb21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • I do palmar flexion at the top, but it is worth a look, thanks. I’ll ask my instructor.
    • Collin Morikawa putting is atrocious. He has missed 4 putts within 4 feet just in the front 9 of the third round. He also missed 2 putts within 6 to 7 feet.
    • Hi Erik - I posted a swing on my old My Swing site, but I noticed that it got buried into the old content. Is there a way delete or archive the old content. Not sure if others will be able to find the new swing I posted. Thanks. 
    • Thank you. I just purchased 2 used Cleveland CBX wedges with 54 and 58 degrees loft for $100. I never hit full shot with the wedges. With 1/3 shots, I get 40 and 30 yards with these clubs. Anything within 100 yards, I used my AW (50 and 75), PW (60 and 90) and 9 (70 and 100) with either 1/3 or 2/3 swings.
    • I sort of had the opposite problem. For a number of years, maybe more than 10, I have been playing with multifocal glasses and had adjusted to the narrow vision field, the need to look at things through the proper part of the glasses, etc. I had seemingly no problem playing golf with them, except at dusk when my depth perception seemed slightly different, and taking my eyes off the ball for even a minute moment would mean I could never could get back on it. With my current swing (and improved) swing, I noticed that when I take the club back, my head/eyes turn away from the ball slightly and due to the narrower than normal field of vision of the multifocal glasses, the ball is now blurry at the top of the backswing, and that I can't regain the focus on the ball before impact. Sure, I can play with that but what if I didn't have to? As my far vision has slightly improved with age, while my near vision is essentially the same as before and essentially all the golf activities are with the far vision, I decided to try some sunglasses for golf made with only the long distance prescription. Voila, no more ball out of focus. There are two drawbacks to this approach: a) I need to lift my glasses to deal with the scorecard (or the phone where I record my score) and b) the problem at dusk is even more severe now as I must revert to my multifocal glasses when the light is too low to handle sunglasses... and spend time to readjust the vision to the multifocal lenses and hit a ball now pretty guaranteed to be out of focus. I try to book tee times when I can finish more than an hour to half an hour ahead from the official sunset time. But overall, I think it was a good change. PS: Contact lenses were never an option due to a) astigmatism and b) I once, many may years ago, had to fight an eye doctor for several hours to get them out of my eyes after an afternoon try!
  • Today's Birthdays

1. butchammon
      butchammon
      (60 years old)
    2. Joe P
      Joe P
      (71 years old)
    3. Lookylookitzadam
      Lookylookitzadam
      (35 years old)
    4. Muzza
      Muzza
      (36 years old)
    5. ocduffer86
      ocduffer86
      (51 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...