iacas

Would You Rather…?

691 posts / 44541 viewsLast Reply

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

WOULD YOU RATHER #32: 

Would you rather see the same guy win 10 of the next 16 majors.

That one. And that guy can be Tiger. 😉

Or Bryson. That'd be hilarious. Except maybe the rollback people would feed off that.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

WOULD YOU RATHER #32: 

OR

Would you rather see each of the next 16 majors won by a first time major champion?

Tough one. If not Tiger the B would be interesting. Both are very improbable.

49 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Tough one. If not Tiger the B would be interesting. Both are very improbable.

I thought would you rater questions were supposed to be improbable. 

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Or Bryson. That'd be hilarious. Except maybe the rollback people would feed off that.

That would be hilarious. But you are right about the damned roll back people. 

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

WOULD YOU RATHER #32: 

OR

Would you rather see each of the next 16 majors won by a first time major champion?

I am going with "next 16 majors won by a first time major champion".  My thinking is that would imply a very strong competitive field and many up-and-coming greats.  I doubt either will happen,  We have many strong competitors will would make winning 10 of 16 very difficult but at the same time make it very probable that some winners would be repeat winners.

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

WOULD YOU RATHER #32: 

OR

Between these 2 choices, I'd like to see the same guy win 10 of the next 16.  What Tiger did early in his career was so incredible, and i'd be fun to go on another ride like that.  Have another generation get to experience something like that.

However, what I'd actually like to see is the winners come from the same same 6 to 8 golfers who are all in contention for each of the next 16 majors.  Doesn't matter if the same guy wins all of them, but to see the rivalries build over the course of several years at the most important tournaments would be ideal.

16 different guys win.  No repeats.  Don't really know why.  And it's not going to play out that way.  A question for the crowd--has the Tour ever gone 4 full years with nobody winning a major twice?

4 hours ago, DwightC said:

16 different guys win.  No repeats.  Don't really know why.  And it's not going to play out that way.  A question for the crowd--has the Tour ever gone 4 full years with nobody winning a major twice?

I don’t think so. It would require some research. But the only stretch I can think of is 1984-87 maybe? 1984: Crenshaw, Zoeller, Ballesteros, Trevino 1985: Langer, North, Lyle, Green 1986: Nicklaus, Floyd, Norman, Tway 1987: Mize, Simpson, Faldo, Nelson. You can’t stretch it back to 1983, because Ballesteros won the Masters and Nelson the U. S. Open. But Watson at the Open and Sutton at The PGA are different. So that’s 18 in a row. There was a stretch from when Tiger won the 2002 U.S. Open until he won the Masters of all different major champions, Els, Beem, Weir, Furyk, Curtis, Micheel, Mickelson, Goosen, Hamilton, Singh.

But I think 18 in a row might be the most.