IGNORED

Would You Rather…?

• Administrator
1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

WOULD YOU RATHER #32: 

Would you rather see the same guy win 10 of the next 16 majors.

That one. And that guy can be Tiger. 😉

Or Bryson. That'd be hilarious. Except maybe the rollback people would feed off that.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, immediately after I posted my previous post I started thinking I may have gotten it wrong, primarily because of the O-Value. I'll revisit that in a bit, though… Not that much lower.

Definitely hole out from the fairway twice a year for the rest of my life. An eagle on a par four is -2. A hole in one is -2. Two awesome shots/year would be something to look forward to forever.😃

I’ve done both in a day....but they sold nachos at the Putt-Putt so that helped.

Posted Images

WOULD YOU RATHER #32: 

OR

Would you rather see each of the next 16 majors won by a first time major champion?

Tough one. If not Tiger the B would be interesting. Both are very improbable.

49 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Tough one. If not Tiger the B would be interesting. Both are very improbable.

I thought would you rater questions were supposed to be improbable. 

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Or Bryson. That'd be hilarious. Except maybe the rollback people would feed off that.

That would be hilarious. But you are right about the damned roll back people. 

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

WOULD YOU RATHER #32: 

OR

Would you rather see each of the next 16 majors won by a first time major champion?

I am going with "next 16 majors won by a first time major champion".  My thinking is that would imply a very strong competitive field and many up-and-coming greats.  I doubt either will happen,  We have many strong competitors will would make winning 10 of 16 very difficult but at the same time make it very probable that some winners would be repeat winners.

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

WOULD YOU RATHER #32: 

OR

Between these 2 choices, I'd like to see the same guy win 10 of the next 16.  What Tiger did early in his career was so incredible, and i'd be fun to go on another ride like that.  Have another generation get to experience something like that.

However, what I'd actually like to see is the winners come from the same same 6 to 8 golfers who are all in contention for each of the next 16 majors.  Doesn't matter if the same guy wins all of them, but to see the rivalries build over the course of several years at the most important tournaments would be ideal.

• 2 weeks later...

16 different guys win.  No repeats.  Don't really know why.  And it's not going to play out that way.  A question for the crowd--has the Tour ever gone 4 full years with nobody winning a major twice?

4 hours ago, DwightC said:

16 different guys win.  No repeats.  Don't really know why.  And it's not going to play out that way.  A question for the crowd--has the Tour ever gone 4 full years with nobody winning a major twice?

I don’t think so. It would require some research. But the only stretch I can think of is 1984-87 maybe? 1984: Crenshaw, Zoeller, Ballesteros, Trevino 1985: Langer, North, Lyle, Green 1986: Nicklaus, Floyd, Norman, Tway 1987: Mize, Simpson, Faldo, Nelson. You can’t stretch it back to 1983, because Ballesteros won the Masters and Nelson the U. S. Open. But Watson at the Open and Sutton at The PGA are different. So that’s 18 in a row. There was a stretch from when Tiger won the 2002 U.S. Open until he won the Masters of all different major champions, Els, Beem, Weir, Furyk, Curtis, Micheel, Mickelson, Goosen, Hamilton, Singh.

But I think 18 in a row might be the most.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2020 at 1:04 PM, ChetlovesMer said:

WOULD YOU RATHER #32: 

OR

I'd go for the latter, when Tiger was dominating in a similar fashion I started rooting against him and I don't care for rooting against anyone.

• 1 month later...

WOULD YOU RATHER #33:

For this question pretend you are playing a course on which for what ever reason you have to take a cart. The question is simple and non-controversial.  

Would you rather drive the cart?

OR

Would you rather be a passenger in the cart?

easy - ride; I'd rather relax and enjoy the scenery rather than have something else to deal with. Besides, as someone here can attest to (@billchao), I've nearly gotten lost driving one time on a poorly marked area of a course with the cart path running through a neighborhood or something 🙄

I'd rather ride, given i trust the driver knows how to handle himself or herself in a cart on the course, etiquette and such.

If I don't trust the person, I'd rather drive.

I'd rather drive.  I want nobody else steering that puppy than me when we're going down the super-steep and dangerous cart paths of Shuksan Golf Course.  Those that live in this area will know what I mean.  I have recurring nightmares of dying on the wet, curvy, moss-slick cart path down to #1 fairway.

22 minutes ago, RyckyRych said:

I'd rather be the passenger since I do like to walk up to the green and such on occasion.

If I want to get out and run or walk up the fairway the other guy knows to slide over and drive the cart.  Otherwise that squat little vehicle just sits there...

33 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

OR

I prefer to drive, with the understanding that there are times when its best for me to walk and let the other player drive.

47 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

OR

I'd rather drive, just because I like putting the cart/my bag quite close to my golf ball and when others drive they usually park much further away. It's honestly good etiquette that people do this, I just like having everything right next to my ball so I can range, grab a club, and be in position already for the start of my routine without any extra walking.

Usually my cart or bag is only around 3 feet away from the ball, on the right hand side. You can actually see the shadow of the golf cart in my profile picture from the Newport Cup, just barely cropped out. Here's the original showing where I like to park a cart, give or take a foot closer or further. When walking I just stand next to the ball and set the bag down, so it ends up closer than that.

Edited by Pretzel

48 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

WOULD YOU RATHER #33:

For this question pretend you are playing a course on which for what ever reason you have to take a cart. The question is simple and non-controversial.  

OR

I prefer to drive, and most of my playing partners prefer to ride so it works out. When I'm driving I'm not going to be on my phone and am less likely to have my thoughts wander and I find it easier for me to stay focused on my next shot. I'm sure if I actually kept track there is probably no difference in my actual score whether I'm driving or riding, just my personal preference.

56 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

WOULD YOU RATHER #33:

OR

Passenger. That way I feel like I have a chauffeur.

WOULD YOU RATHER #33:

OR

All things being equal, I'd want to be the passenger, so that's my answer.  However, some people got no clue what they are doing driving a cart. They cause pace of play issues, park the cart in funny spots, try to sit in the cart every moment they aren't actually hitting their ball and generally drive me insane. I can think of a couple of guys where I insist on driving.

• iacas changed the title to Would You Rather…?